• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,

I am currently re-vamping our Customer Portal and creating custom Visualforce pages for Cases, Ideas, etc. I was able to create the Case page and controller with no problem. I am also able to create the Ideas page and controller.

The one major issue I am having is that I am not sure how to "re-use" the Promote and Demote functionality. Does anyone have any experience with re-using this functionality in a custom Visualforce page? I want to give users the ability to vote on an Idea....but only one time per user....same as current functionality.

I know the functionality is in the ideaList.apexp page, but I don't know how to re-purpose it in my own page.

Thanks,

Jeff

We use Salesforce internally and we have developed a Customer Portal. All of our clients use our application developed on the Salesforce platform and they have their own Orgs. I was wondering if there was a way to provide single sign on to our Customer Portal once the client logs into their Salesforce Org.

Here is my scenario:

1. We enable the Customer Portal User, for a Contact, in our internal Salesforce Org.
  2. The client logs into their own Salesforce Org with their own login credentials.
  3. We develop an "app", such as a tab, that can be installed in the client's Org.
  4. This "app" will provide single sign on to our Customer Portal.

Basically, once they login to their own Salesforce Org, they would have access to our Customer Portal without logging in again. This allows our clients to create Cases, Ideas, etcm through an application in their own Salesforce Org.

Thanks,

Jeff

I was looking for a way to populate a Contact's city and state based on a zip code. Basically, when I enter a zip code and save the record, I would like the state and city fields to be updated with the appropriate information. I am not sure if it would be easiest to use a web service, API, or trigger. I would rather not build this "table" myself since it would be a bear to maintain. I thought there would be some sort of web service that you could use in conjunction with a formula "state" field that would take the zip, look up the state, and populate that state formula field.
Has anyone else done this?
Thanks, Jeff
I need to create a Visualforce page/form that collects information to be distributed across multiple objects, including custom objects. It is basically a form that gives the user a one-stop place to enter information that they have on paper right now. I created a controller that includes the Contact and Account object. However, I have 2 custom objects, Application and Family Relationships, that are children of the Contact object.
How do I add that to my controller so I can have access to the custom objects. My controller looks like this so far:
----------
public class LCADAppController {
    Account account;
    Contact contact;

Public Contact getContact () {
        if(contact == null) contact = new Contact();
        return contact;
    }

Public Account getAccount () {
        if(account == null) account = new Account();
        return account;
    }

Public PageReference save() {
        insert account;
        contact.accountId = account.id;
        insert contact;
        return null;
    }
}
------
Any ideas of how to add the custom children objects to this controller? Or should I look at doing this a different way?
Thanks
I am trying to figure out a way to create a lookup that will return a 4 letter code for a description field.
For example, we have a bunch of Majors in a picklist (History, Biology, Chemistry) that have corresponding codes (HIST, BIOL, CHEM). What I would like to do is take the value of the picklist and translate it to the corresponding 4 letter code so we can use the code to do the data exchange. The Salesforce user needs to choose from a picklist of "human readable" descriptions, but the data needs to be manipulated to the 4 letter code before data exchange.
If anyone has any ideas of examples, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jeff
When I click on my Campaigns tab, I see a list of 3 generic reports in an section called "Reports". This section is right under the "Recent Campaigns" section. If I create more Campaign reports under the reports area, can I add them to this Reports section so that users can click on the report right within the Campaigns area/tab?
I am trying to figure out a way to create a lookup that will return a 4 letter code for a description field.
For example, we have a bunch of Majors in a picklist (History, Biology, Chemistry) that have corresponding codes (HIST, BIOL, CHEM). What I would like to do is take the value of the picklist and translate it to the corresponding 4 letter code so we can use the code to do the data exchange. The Salesforce user needs to choose from a picklist of "human readable" descriptions, but the data needs to be manipulated to the 4 letter code before data exchange.
If anyone has any ideas of examples, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jeff