• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

From my own testing it appears that a unique name given to a dashboard or report cannot be reused even after the dashboard or report has been deleted and the recycle bin emptied.  Does anyone know if this is intentional or a bug?

If intentional, how is one supposed to programmatically determine whether a unique name is in use?  listMetadata only returns reports/dashboards that have not been deleted.  Without this information it makes it more difficult and complex to programatically create dashboard/reports using the metadata API.

There are a number of "special" files that must be located in the web root of a public website including:

/robots.txt - Controls web search engine behaviors
/favicon.ico - Icon for website

There doesn't appear to be any way to specify the values for these files. Salesforce has provided a default robots.txt which prevents search engine indexing, but production orgs will need the ability to override this file. Also the location of favicon.ico can be set using meta tags, but the default location is still used by some older browsers, so there should be a way to assign an image to this file. I would hope these two issues could be addressed before production roll out.

George
I've noticed there are a few missing fields that are available as merge fields in formulas, but are not available in SOQL/Apex or visible when performing a describeObject. This is in a developer edition org, I have not tried other editions.

On the User Object:
* Start of Day (StartDay) - available in formula editor
* End of Day (EndDay) - available in formula editor

On the Organization Object:
* GoogleAppsDomain - available in formula editor under $Organization variable.

On the Event/Task Objects:
* Visible in Self-Service (IsVisibleInSelfService) - available in formula editor.

Is this an oversight in the API or intentional? Any chance it will be fixed in Winter '09?

Thanks,

George
  • September 03, 2008
There are a number of "special" files that must be located in the web root of a public website including:

There doesn't appear to be any way to specify the values for these files. Salesforce has provided a default robots.txt which prevents search engine indexing, but production orgs will need the ability to override this file. Also the location of favicon.ico can be set using meta tags, but the default location is still used by some older browsers, so there should be a way to assign an image to this file. I would hope these two issues could be addressed before production roll out.

George

From my own testing it appears that a unique name given to a dashboard or report cannot be reused even after the dashboard or report has been deleted and the recycle bin emptied.  Does anyone know if this is intentional or a bug?

If intentional, how is one supposed to programmatically determine whether a unique name is in use?  listMetadata only returns reports/dashboards that have not been deleted.  Without this information it makes it more difficult and complex to programatically create dashboard/reports using the metadata API.

I'm rewriting a flex control to be able to handle namespace prefixing, however I'm having trouble parsing the describeSObjects call.  How do I rewrite the line below to handle a dynamic "type__c" (could be xyz__type__c or abc__type__c, etc.) field name.  I tried casting result[0].fields as an array and iterating that way, but when I trace the values, they come up as "undefined".

Code:
var myPicklistValues:ArrayCollection = result[0].fields.type__c.picklistValues;

thanks in advance!

George
Hi I have the following:
AND
(DATE(YEAR(Contract_End_Date__c ) , (MONTH(Contract_End_Date__c), DAY(Contract_End_Date__c)-60 > Contract_End_Date__c , ispickval(Contract_Type__c ,"Renewal")))

I do not know where am I going wrong... It stating I am missing a parenthesis ...
I am trying to say:
1.if the Contract Type = "Renewal"
2. AND the contract is 60 days before the contract End Date
3. send out an email...

I am totally a newbie on this.. Am I doing this correctly????
  • September 10, 2008