• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All, I am trying to insert an attachment into Salesforce and i guess "Attachment" object is to be used to get this done. But i am not able to figure out the package which it belongs too. Could anybody please name the full package for Attachment class? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,

I am working on a solution, where i have the ID of a record and would like to get the details of this record, say the object type of the record. This ID is from the ParentID of an attachment object. So basically i want to get the object type of record that contains this attachment. Any suggestions ? Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

I am working on an application where i need to regularly poll salesforce for record inserts and updates. I use the getUpdated API to catch all the updates and its works pretty well for me. But now i have to poll for attachments too. For now, i am using a query to retrieve the name and body of an attachment for a specific record  meaning i use the ID of the record and check if there are any attachments pertaining to this ID. This gets all the attachments associated with the mentioned ID.
          But now, i would like to poll all salesforce records for attachments and not just one record. Is there an API to poll all salesforce records for attachments? Also my current procedure, collects all attachments from a record, meaning it also picks up those records that i might have already picked up. So, it would be preferable to have only the updates, based on time perhaps.

Any thoughts on this would be really helpful. Thank you.
Hi,

I am a newbie to Salesforce. Can anybody suggest a way to retrieve the URL specific to an ID? Say, i create an instance of an ccount which now gets associated to a URL. Is there an API or any other method that can give me this URL? Thank You.
Hi All, I am trying to insert an attachment into Salesforce and i guess "Attachment" object is to be used to get this done. But i am not able to figure out the package which it belongs too. Could anybody please name the full package for Attachment class? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,

I am working on a solution, where i have the ID of a record and would like to get the details of this record, say the object type of the record. This ID is from the ParentID of an attachment object. So basically i want to get the object type of record that contains this attachment. Any suggestions ? Thank you.

Hello Everyone,

I am working on an application where i need to regularly poll salesforce for record inserts and updates. I use the getUpdated API to catch all the updates and its works pretty well for me. But now i have to poll for attachments too. For now, i am using a query to retrieve the name and body of an attachment for a specific record  meaning i use the ID of the record and check if there are any attachments pertaining to this ID. This gets all the attachments associated with the mentioned ID.
          But now, i would like to poll all salesforce records for attachments and not just one record. Is there an API to poll all salesforce records for attachments? Also my current procedure, collects all attachments from a record, meaning it also picks up those records that i might have already picked up. So, it would be preferable to have only the updates, based on time perhaps.

Any thoughts on this would be really helpful. Thank you.
Hi,

I am a newbie to Salesforce. Can anybody suggest a way to retrieve the URL specific to an ID? Say, i create an instance of an ccount which now gets associated to a URL. Is there an API or any other method that can give me this URL? Thank You.