• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We are developing a FREE report generation application for salesforce users. We use Apex and Visualforce to develop our application so that it is native and so do not need to go through the salesforce certification process. A part of this application involves "Mail Merge" functionality. We have several options in providing this facility. However, we have follwing problems that need to be cleared/solved in this regard.

Option 1:
    We can use the salesforce own "AXMailMerge.cab" module in our application to support this functionality. Here we use the following code to do that.
    CODEBASE='https://na5.salesforce.com/dwnld/mailmerge/AXMailMerge.cab

Q1. Does this approach require us to obtain licence from salesforce to use "AXMailMerge.cab" in our application in this manner?
Q2. Is there a possibility that the location for the "AXMailMerge.cab" may change in future, in which case the above URL would be invalid and hence our application would fail?

Option 2:
    If the location for the "AXMailMerge.cab" may change in future, we can package the same "AXMailMerge.cab" together with our application and use a URL to "AXMailMerge.cab" that is independant of the salesforce's URL and so our application would not fail.

Q1. Is this code reuse is leagal in salesforce terms and conditions?
Q2. Do we have to obtain licence for this?
Q3. Since we use Apex and Visualforce in development, is this application still native?

• We also need to know how long it would take for a salesforce "Security Review" process.
Thank You
Matara
  • November 28, 2008
Hello!

I need some clarification regarding reusing of sales force code segments in our sales force applications.

For example say I want to use a part of the code used in salesforce "mailmerge" which calls "/mail/mmchoose.jsp" or I want to use the  following "var newMM = new ActiveXObject('AppExchangeMailMerge.MMHost.1')" found in a forum example.

I want to know if I have to get licence for using these or anyother codes in salesforce in our applications.

Thank You
Matara
  • November 24, 2008
Can anyone please tell me if any application developed using "Office Toolkit" should go through the Certification and/or Security Review process for salesforce.

Thank you
  • November 20, 2008

As I can make a custom template in the Quote object. In the template I have to insert a picture at the top of the Quote, another in the center of the Quote and at the end of Quote.

I tried it with Beta Templates option, but is very limited, I can only insert fields of the object.

Alguin can tell me how to do

Thank you.

I am working on a projecto create a custom pront document with only the information from the opportunity, account, and other custom objects that are pertinent to the quote. What I would like to do is create a custom header that will appear on every page dynamically based upon the opportunity. How do I do this?
Hello!

I need some clarification regarding reusing of sales force code segments in our sales force applications.

For example say I want to use a part of the code used in salesforce "mailmerge" which calls "/mail/mmchoose.jsp" or I want to use the  following "var newMM = new ActiveXObject('AppExchangeMailMerge.MMHost.1')" found in a forum example.

I want to know if I have to get licence for using these or anyother codes in salesforce in our applications.

Thank You
Matara
  • November 24, 2008