• 50 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to get a simple HelloWorld application working on my local machine using the FlexBuilder v3 Beta and the most recent SFC Flex Toolkit. I've followed the code exactly as documented in the samples found online,  various screencasts, and even in downloaded the samples. Now matter what I do, I get the following error in the login step:

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url" faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Destination: DefaultHTTP"] messageId="274B3986-6992-1A79-1276-D7DF53D645C3" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

The login function I'm using is below:
    private function doLogin():void
    {
     var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest();
     lr.username = "devlogin@blablabla.com";
     lr.password = "devloginpassword";
     lr.server_url = "http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0";
     lr.callback = new AsyncResponder(loginResult, loginFault);
     conn.login(lr);
    }
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

<apex:includeScript value="/soap/ajax/15.0/connection.js"/><apex:includeScript value="/soap/ajax/15.0/apex.js"/>sforce.connection.sessionId = '{!$Api.Session_ID}';

I have the above code in a visualforce page.

As per document, the AJAX toolkit supposed to handle the session Id by itself with no extra work.

But i get invalid sessionID error, if i dont set it onload of the page.

Is there something i'm missing?

Is using Controller the alternative to avoid this?

Thanks

KK 

Hi,

I have the below scenario and would appreciate any guidance to get to that.

Test.zip is uploaded in SFDC as static resource.

It has two JScript files sample1.js and sample2.js.

In Sample2.js, I want to refer or include sample1.js

Please help me in referring/including sample1.js in sample2.js file

Thanks

KK 

Hi,

I'm using Apex Explorer for one of our sandbox instance.

When I try to expand the account object, to get its schema information,

It throws " There is an error in the XML document(1,77083)"

And following that the below message is displayed 

"Unhandled expection:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object" 

The above message appears only for Account object,other objects we are able to fetch the schema without issues.

The account object has few million records. Is the volume of records in any way related to the errror?

Thanks for the help!! 

Regards, 

-KK 

Hi,

I'm getting the below error message,when i try to edit the existing Static resource.

I'm using flex swf file as a static resource and want to associate it to VF page.

I was trying to include the updated swf file in the static resource and ended up with below error.

Is there a way around?

Thank you for your help!! 

An internal server error has occurred

An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact support@salesforce.com. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using Salesforce!

Error ID: 1827638064-391 (883502321)

Click here to return to the previous page.

Regards,

KK 

This is an integration topic, but I had no better place to put it. 

When using Cast Iron, it appears a Custom Objects standard owner field cannot be populated using the external id on User. After some investigation, we found that custom objects have a lookup field that can either be a reference to a User or Queue - Lookup(User,Queue). 

Does anybody know of a way to either convert this to a regular lookup - Lookup (User) or solve this some other way. 

Thanks. 

When I'm using the Force.com console I get the following error every now and again:

Response to EXEC to /_ui/common/apex/debug/ApexCSIAPI was : -1, transaction aborted

The code usually executes ok and the transaction doesn't seem to abort (I'm assuming when it says abort it aborts the entire transaction). Also then when I try to double click on one of the debug statements in the console, to see what it says it keeps saying USER_DEBUG undefined. Which I'm sure it didn't do before the org was upgraded to Winter 12? maybe just me.

How can you find out why the transaction was aborted when there are no errors in the log?

• October 10, 2011

I’m the developer of a package that has a heavy dependence on a scheduled Batch Apex job. The package currently runs in a dozen or so orgs, some of which have fairly large amounts of data. One org in particular has over 3 million records that are processed by the Batch Apex job.

Over the past 3 months, we’ve been encountering a lot of stability problems with Batch Apex.  We’ve opened cases for several of these issues, and they’ve been escalated to Tier 3 Support, but it consistently takes 2 weeks or more to get a case escalated, and then it can several more weeks to get a meaningful reply form Tier 3.

We really need to talk with the Product Manager responsible for Batch Apex. We asked Tier 3 to make that introduction, but they said they couldn’t. We’re trying to work with Sales to set up a discussion with a Product Manager, but so far, we haven’t had any luck there either. We’re hoping that a Product Manager might see this post and get in touch with us. We need to find out whether Batch Apex is a reliable-enough platform for our application.

Here are a few examples of the problems we’ve been having:

• The batch job aborts in the start() method. Tier 3 Support told us that the batch job was occasionally timing out because its initial  query was too complex. We simplified the query (at this point, there are no WHERE or ORDER BY clauses), but we occasionally see timeouts or near timeouts. However, from what we can observe in the Debug Logs, actually executing the query (creating the QueryLocator) takes only a few seconds, but then it can take many minutes for the rest of the start() method to complete. This seems inconsistent with the “query is too complex” timeout scenario that Tier 3 support described.  (Case 04274732.)
  • We get the “Unable to write to ACS Stores” problem. We first saw this error last Fall, and once it was eventually fixed, Support assured us that the situation would be monitored so it couldn’t happen again. Then we saw it happen in January, and once it was eventually fixed, Support assured us (again) that the situation would be monitored so it couldn’t happen again. However, having seen this problem twice, we have no confidence that it won’t arise again. (Case 04788905.)
  • In one run of our job, we got errors that seemed to imply that the execute() method was being called multiple times concurrently. Is that possible? If so, (a) the documentation should say so, and (b) it seems odd that after over 6 months of running this batch job in a dozen different orgs, it suddenly became a problem.

• We just got an error saying, “First error: SQLException [java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00028: your session has been killed. SQLException while executing plsql statement: {?=call cApiCursor.mark_used_auto(?)}(01g3000000HZSMW)] thrown but connection was canceled.” We aborted the job and ran it again, and the error didn’t happen again.
  • We recently got an error saying, “Unable to access query cursor data; too many cursors are in use.” We got the error at a time when the only process running on behalf of that user was the Batch Apex process itself. (Perhaps this is symptomatic of the “concurrent execution” issue, but if the platform is calling our execute() method multiple times at once, shouldn’t it manage cursor usage better?)
  • We have a second Batch Apex job that uses an Iterable rather than a QueryLocator. When Spring 11 was released, that Batch Apex job suddenly began to run without calling the execute() method even once. Apparently, some support for the way we were creating the Iterable changed, and even though we didn’t change the API version of our Apex class, that change caused our Batch Apex job to stop working. (Case 04788905.)
  • We just got a new error, "All attempts to execute message failed, message was put on dead message queue."

We really need to talk with a Product Manager responsible for Batch Apex. We need to determine whether Batch Apex is sufficiently stable and reliable for our needs. If not, we’ll have to find a more reliable platform, re-implement our package, and move our dozen or more customers off of Salesforce altogether.

If you’re responsible for Batch Apex or you know who is, please send me a private message so we can make contact. Thank you!

• April 04, 2011

I am stuck with this query that is supposed to pull a count of related objects with every object.

My data model is that I have an "Assignment" object that has a lookup field that points to a "Resource" object.  The Resource object doesn't have any fields pointing to Assignments.  

From the documentation, it seems like my query should look like this:

resources = [ SELECT Name,
              Primary_Discipline__c,
              Project_Manager__c,
              Account_Executive__c,
              Foreign_Languages__c,
              (SELECT count() FROM SFDC_Assignment__r)
             FROM SFDC_Resource__c
          ];

The error message I get is:

Error: Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'SFDC_Assignment__r' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 6 column 23

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Seth

I had two questions that I could use some guidance with:

1. I noticed in VF that if you use the columns function (eg. Columns="2") it will add the inputfields accross from each other, is there a way to do this so that I can add values downwards instead(or control the columns in the pageblocksections?)

2. In regular standard/custom pages (non VF) in edit mode the "COpy biling address" link appears in the address section so that the user can copy the values over to the shipping addresses.  Is there a quick way to do this same feature when using VF or is it more involved (eg. apex required?)

Thanks for any help!

• June 27, 2009

<apex:includeScript value="/soap/ajax/15.0/connection.js"/><apex:includeScript value="/soap/ajax/15.0/apex.js"/>sforce.connection.sessionId = '{!$Api.Session_ID}';

I have the above code in a visualforce page.

As per document, the AJAX toolkit supposed to handle the session Id by itself with no extra work.

But i get invalid sessionID error, if i dont set it onload of the page.

Is there something i'm missing?

Is using Controller the alternative to avoid this?

Thanks

KK 

Hi,

I'm getting the below error message,when i try to edit the existing Static resource.

I'm using flex swf file as a static resource and want to associate it to VF page.

I was trying to include the updated swf file in the static resource and ended up with below error.

Is there a way around?

Thank you for your help!! 

An internal server error has occurred

An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact support@salesforce.com. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using Salesforce!

Error ID: 1827638064-391 (883502321)

Click here to return to the previous page.

Regards,

KK 

Hi All,

I have a custom button which will call my custom .NET app in the pop up window. What I would like to do is when user close that pop up window it will automatically refresh the SFDC page which initiated this call. How can we do that?

Thanks.

I'm using the visualforce flash tag:

<apex:flash src="{!$Resource.FlashApplication}"
         id="CmpId"
         width="100%" height="100%"
         flashvars="session_id={!$Api.Session_ID}&server_url={!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_90}" />

However when loading the visualforce page the prompt "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items." appears.  When the  <apex:flash is commented out, the page loads without the prompt.

Any ideas?

my apex class method is trying to call an external webservice function, and it gives this

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void mycall()'

Debug Log:
System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope' but found ':html'

any idea of how to fix this? what should I do to make it work?
  • January 14, 2009
I have created a batch process that will export data from the account object using the CLI for the data loader. 

I want the job to extract data that has been modified since the job was last run.

How can I leverage the last run properties file in the pull the date time into the SOQL statement so I do not need to mnually modify the process-conf.xml each time.

Here is a copy of the processfile:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
    <bean id="MDRAccountExtractProcess"
          class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
      <description>MDRAccountExtract job gets account info from salesforce and saves info into a CSV file."</description>
        <property name="name" value="MDRAccountExtract"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="False"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="D:\SFDC\DataLoader\conf\MVJTrace.log"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://test.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="xxxxxxxxxxx"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="xxxxxxxxxxx"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionRequestSize" value="500"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" 
    value="
    Select Id,MDR_Account_Size__c,AnnualRevenue,MDR_Contract_Data_Lease__c,BillingCity,BillingCountry,BillingPostalCode,BillingState,BillingStreet,MDR_Bubble_Up__c,
    MDR_Bubble_Up_Expiration__c,MDR_Bubble_Up_Original_Account_Owner__c,MDR_Bubble_Up_Start__c,MDR_CDL_Contract_End_Date__c,CreatedDate,Description,Fax,Industry,
    LastModifiedById,LastModifiedDate,MDR_Account_Status__c,MDR_Customer_No__c,MDR_Territory_Code__c,Name,OwnerId,Phone,ShippingCity,ShippingCountry,
    ShippingPostalCode,ShippingState,ShippingStreet,Type,Website,MDR_Market__c,
    Competitive_Account__c from Account where LastModifiedDate > 2008-05-01T10:12:25Z and 
    Owner.Employee_Type__c like 'MDR%'
    "/>
            <entry key="sfdc.proxyHost" value="bastion2.us.dnb.com"/>
      <entry key="sfdc.proxyPort" value="8080"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="D:\SFDC\DataLoader\conf\MDRaccountExtractMap.sdl"/>
                <entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="D:\SFDC\DataLoader\conf\MVJ.key"/>
      <entry key="process.enableExtractSuccessOutput" value="True"/>
           <entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="D:\sfdc\DataLoader\conf\MDRAccountExtractSuccessFile.csv"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="D:\SFDC\DataLoader\conf\MDRextract.csv"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

Thanks in advance

Mike
  • July 08, 2008

I am using apex data loader 11.0 command line to extract data to CSV file, it's works, I would like to extract data from salesforce directly into MS SQL 2005, I was spent a lot of time to try and search the knowadge in this community but still not able to get this works, below is my code in database-con.xml:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
<bean id="dbDataSource"
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=CRMReport;"/>
    <property name="username" value="test"/>
    <property name="password" value="test"/>
</bean>

<bean id="tmpAccount"
      class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="queryAccount"/>
    <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource"/>
</bean>
<bean id="queryAccount"
      class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
 select Id, IsDeleted, MasterRecordId, 
  Name, Type, RecordTypeId, ParentId, 
  BillingStreet, BillingCity, BillingState, 
  BillingPostalCode, BillingCountry, ShippingStreet, 
  ShippingCity, ShippingState, ShippingPostalCode, 
  ShippingCountry, Phone, Fax, 
  Website, Industry, AnnualRevenue, 
  NumberOfEmployees, 
  Description, CurrencyIsoCode, 
  OwnerId, CreatedDate, CreatedById, 
  LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, 
  SystemModstamp, LastActivityDate, 
  Region__c, Annual_Procurment__c, 
  Trial_Balance_Code__c, Customer_Group__c, 
  SAP_VEGA_1_Account_Number__c, 
  SAP_VEGA_2_Account_Number__c, 
  QAD_Account_Number__c, 
  BAAN_Account_Number__c, Brief_Name__c,Customer_PBU__c
 from tmpAccount
        </value>
    </property>
</bean>
</beans>

and then I have process-conf.xml as well:

Code:
<beans>
    <!-- Extract Account to CSV File -->
    <bean id="csvAccountExtractProcess"
          class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner"
          singleton="false">
      <description>csvAccountExtract job gets account info from salesforce and saves info into a CSV file."</description>
        <property name="name" value="csvAccountExtract"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="extract"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 11.0\Delphi\Conf\ExtractAccountMap.sdl"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="databaseWrite"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="tmpAccount"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="Select Id, IsDeleted, MasterRecordId, Name, Type, 
                     RecordTypeId, ParentId, BillingStreet, BillingCity, 
                     BillingState, BillingPostalCode, BillingCountry, 
                     ShippingStreet, ShippingCity, ShippingState, ShippingPostalCode, 
                     ShippingCountry, Phone, Fax, Website, Industry, AnnualRevenue, 
                     NumberOfEmployees, Description, CurrencyIsoCode, OwnerId, 
                     CreatedDate, CreatedById, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, 
                     SystemModstamp, LastActivityDate, Region__c, Annual_Procurment__c, 
                     Trial_Balance_Code__c, Customer_Group__c, 
                     SAP_VEGA_1_Account_Number__c, SAP_VEGA_2_Account_Number__c, 
                     QAD_Account_Number__c, BAAN_Account_Number__c, Brief_Name__c, 
                     Customer_PBU__c FROM Account"/>
            </map>
        </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

I downloaded the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC 1.2 into my C:\MSJDBC folder, and changed the original proccess.bat file to:
Code:
@echo off
if not [%1]==[] goto run
echo.
echo Usage: process ^<configuration directory^> ^[process name^]
echo.
echo      configuration directory -- directory that contains configuration files,
echo          i.e. config.properties, process-conf.xml, database-conf.xml
echo.
echo      process name -- optional name of a batch process bean in process-conf.xml,
echo          for example:
echo.
echo              process ../myconfigdir AccountInsert
echo.
echo          If process name is not specified, the parameter values from config.properties
echo          will be used to run the process instead of process-conf.xml,
echo          for example:
echo.
echo              process ../myconfigdir
echo.

goto end

:run
set PROCESS_OPTION=
if not [%2]==[] set PROCESS_OPTION=process.name=%2

..\_jvm\bin\java.exe -classpath ..\DataLoader.jar;C:\MSJDBC\sqljdbc_1.2\enu\sqljdbc.jar -Dsalesforce.config.dir=%1 

com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner %PROCESS_OPTION%

:end

and then we I execute the extract in command line:

process.bat ./conf csvAccountExtractProcess

I was get below errors:

177924 [csvAccountExtract] DEBUG com.salesforce.lexiloader.client.PartnerClient - Beginning web service operation: query
320410 [csvAccountExtract] ERROR com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.Database Reader  - Database error encountered while writing row#1 through row#215 (execute batch update). Database configuration: tmpAccount.  Sql error: The SELECT statement is not permitted in a batch..com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The SELECT statement is not permitted in a batch.
 at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.doExecutePreparedStatementBatch(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement$PrepStmtBatchExecCmd.doExecute(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source)
        at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch(DelegatingStatement.java:294)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.writeRowList(DatabaseWriter.java:180)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.visitor.QueryVisitor.writeExtraction(QueryVisitor.java:205)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.visitor.QueryVisitor.visit(QueryVisitor.java:111)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.ExtractAction.execute(ExtractAction.java:108)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.controller.Controller.executeAction(Controller.java:126)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:136)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:228)
 at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:228)

320410 [csvAccountExtract] INFO com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.progress.NihilistProgressAdapter  - Processed 214 of 214 total records. Rate: 24851000 records per hour. Estimated time to complete: 0 minutes and 0 seconds.  There are 0 successes and 214 errors.
320410 [csvAccountExtract] INFO com.salesforce.lexiloader.action.progress.NihilistProgressAdapter  - The extract has fully completed.  There were 0 successful extracts and 214 errors.

Looks like the SELECT statement have some problems, I am looking the solution here, any leads very be high appericated, Thanks

Message Edited by Qingsong on 04-15-2008 06:57 PM

Message Edited by Qingsong on 04-15-2008 07:09 PM

Message Edited by Qingsong on 04-15-2008 07:13 PM
Is there any way to force a Collapsible PageBlockSection to start in a collapsed mode, when the page is rendered?  I know with standard page layouts, this isn't possible, but Salesforce remembers what a user chooses and uses that in the future to determine the collapsible state when rendering a page.  So far, I have not seen this same behavior with Visualforce pages.  It would be nice to have a parameter on the PageBlockSection that controls the initial behavior of a collapsible PageBlockSection when it it first rendered.

Jon Keener

Message Edited by Jon Keener on 02-14-2008 01:06 PM
I'm trying to compare date fields on an object in an Apex SOQL statement:

Contact[] contacts = [SELECT id,
                      name,
                      member_status__c,
                      last_update__c,
                      renewal_date__c
                      FROM Contact
                      WHERE member_status__c = 'Active' AND  renewal_date__c < last_update__c];

Is this possible?  I'm getting 'unexpected token' errors with queries like the example above.  It appears, the command interpreter is not expecting the second field name.  Date functions like TODAY and LAST_X_DAYS work of course.
I'm trying to get a simple HelloWorld application working on my local machine using the FlexBuilder v3 Beta and the most recent SFC Flex Toolkit. I've followed the code exactly as documented in the samples found online,  various screencasts, and even in downloaded the samples. Now matter what I do, I get the following error in the login step:

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url" faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Destination: DefaultHTTP"] messageId="274B3986-6992-1A79-1276-D7DF53D645C3" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

The login function I'm using is below:
    private function doLogin():void
    {
     var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest();
     lr.username = "devlogin@blablabla.com";
     lr.password = "devloginpassword";
     lr.server_url = "http://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0";
     lr.callback = new AsyncResponder(loginResult, loginFault);
     conn.login(lr);
    }
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Mike
I'm planning on taking nightly back-ups from Salesforce.com into a database (SQL Server). I have a couple questions regarding the export process:

1.   If I only want the deltas should I use the LastModified Date as the selection criteria to determine recenlty created or updated records in the last 24 hours?

2.  Should I use Salesforce.com's server date/time value as a starting point for determining the above. If yes,  is it possible to do a select statement to get this value (outside of the SOAP getServerTimeStamp())?

3.  Do folks generally convert the UTC date/time stamp to their local time zone before inserting the records?

4.   If new fields are added (or maybe updated) should I consider dropping my back-up table and re-creating it to address this case?

I'm sure there are other points I need to consider so I'm hopefully folks can provide some additional input.
BTW, I'm planning on using Pervasive's Business Integrator to do the nightly exports.

Thanks in advance
Keith