• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to accomplish an outside system to get a notification every time a user logs in the system, right away, I need the user name and IP address immediately after a successful login, by calling a Web service on our end, I want this service to be called even if the user did not land on the home page, like in the case the user receives a link to a contact via email.The user clicks on the link, log in to Salesforce and see the contact, even in this case, I want to run a code that calls a web service , informing the user logged on this moment with this IP
is there a way to run code (like S-CONTROL or APEX), or maybe popup a browser window (with our code) when the user logs in to Salesforce?

Hi, I have written a web service method in an apex class, this works from vb.net but I cannot
create a test method for it, I get the error:
Error: Compile Error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: UtilityCon.OpportunityInsert(Decimal, String, Date, String, String, String, String, String, Integer, String, Boolean, String, String, String, String, String, Decimal, Date, String) at line 13 column 13
Here is the test method:
@IsTest
public class TEST_UtilityCon {
static testMethod void myTest() {

String aaa;
aaa = UtilityCon.CR_ChangeEvent('a0D40000006FNt1EAG','a0C40000000HkqVEAS','old notes','mew notes');

String bbb;
bbb = UtilityCon.CR_ChangeClass ('a0D40000006FNt1EAG','a0C40000000HkqVEAS','old notes');

Date dt = date.parse('01/01/2011');
String opp;
opp = UtilityCon.OpportunityInsert (122.2, 'a0C40000002dO6hEAE', dt, '00330000004sgj0AAA', 'USD', 'Desc string sdfsf s', 'PipeLine', 'Professional 1', 2, '1967', false , 'Carl Anderson ', 'Notes come hrere', 'Class Interest', '00530000000dAAJAA2', 'Registered', 752.22, dt, 'Closed sale');
 }
}

This is the method:
WebService static String OpportunityInsert(Double ClassPrice , String ClassType, Date CloseDate,
String Contact, String CurrencyIsoCode, String Description,
String ForeCast, String GenericClassType,
Double InvoiceLine, String InvoiceNumber, boolean IsPrivate, String Name, String Notes,
String OpportunityType, String OwnerId, String RegistrationStatus, Double Paid, Date CRDateOfPayment,
String StageName
)

{

Opportunity o1 = new Opportunity();

o1.Class_Price__c = ClassPrice;
o1.Class_Type__c = ClassType;
o1.CloseDate = CloseDate;
o1.Contact__c = Contact;
o1.CurrencyIsoCode = CurrencyIsoCode ;

Any idea what's causing the error? Thanks!

Sue Davis

Hi, I have developed an apex class and calling it from a vb.net web client, this works fine in Sandbox but in production I get the error
"invalid_session_id: invalid session id found in sessionheader: illegal session. session not found, missing session key" with the session ID not empty, that’s why I think my code is working just not redirected correctly.

Here is the code after I call the login (which works for the regualt API calls ):

Dim UtilityCon As UtilityConService = New UtilityConService
            UtilityCon.SessionHeaderValue = New sfUtilityCon.SessionHeader
            UtilityCon.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = _SessionID

Is there a setting in Production (I already unchecked the flag  ‘Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated.’) that I missed or my code needs another org identification piece?

We just launched a new Apex trigger to prevent duplicate emails from being created. But now when we try to use the "Change Owner" button under Lead List views to move Leads from either an owner to a queue or another user, we get the following error: "Error: Apex trigger LeadDuplicate Trigger caused an unexpected exception. Contact your Administrator. LeadDuplicateTrigger: System LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 21."

Does anyone know what might be happening here? Thanks.

here's the code:

trigger LeadDuplicateTrigger on lead (before insert, before update) 

{   
    for (Lead c : Trigger.new) {

if (c.Email!='' && c.Email!=null && c.Email!='none@none.com') {
            Contact[]  contacts = [select id from Contact where (Email = :c.Email) and IsDeleted=false];
            Lead[]     Leads     = [select id from Lead where Id<> :c.Id and (Email = :c.Email) and IsDeleted=false and IsConverted=false];
        if (contacts.size() > 0 || Leads.size() > 0) 
            {c.Email.addError('NOTICE-RECORD EXISTS: A lead/contact record with email already exists in SalesForce. Please search your database and update the existing record');      }
            }
          }
     }

I have over 8 years experience in Salesforce administration including creating custom apps, App Exchange installations, web to lead, web to case, workflow, campaign management, contract management, multiple currencies, data migration, forecasting, reporting, dashboards, and more. High level expertise with all areas of functionality including the latest Summer '09 features. I am available either for a telecommute position (hourly or project based); or onsite in the Irvine, CA area. Please contact me for a complete resume, or if you have any questions.

I have a client using a third-party app called "Infopia" and it seems that the Salesforce email to case won't work properly. We turned on the Email to Case (on demand), verified and routed the email address, disabled the email service from Infopia, and then it seemed that all emails coming into the routed email address opened new cases - most of them orphan cases not connected to any contact.

I created a test account, put myself in as a contact with my personal email address and emailed the client's routed email address. Not only did the case appear standalone (i.e. not connected to my contact record), but it defaulted to "ebay" as the "marketplace".

I tested the Salesforce email to case in the client's sandbox environment and it worked perfectly.

I know this is alot, but if there is anyone out there who is currently using Infopia and is familiar with their connection to Salesforce and have had similar issues, I really need some help to fix this.

Thanks.

I have over 8 years experience in Salesforce
administration including creating custom apps, S Controls, App Exchange
installations, web to lead, web to case, workflow, campaign management,
contract management, multiple currencies, data migration, forecasting,
reporting, dashboards, and more. High level expertise with all areas of
functionality including the latest Spring '09 features. I am available
either for a telecommute position (hourly or project based); or onsite
in the Irvine, CA area. Please contact me for a complete resume, or if
you have any questions.

Sue Davis

714-642-6194

suedavis8@yahoo.com

I have over 8 years experience in Salesforce administration including creating custom apps, S Controls, App Exchange installations, web to lead, web to case, workflow, campaign management, contract management, multiple currencies, data migration, forecasting, reporting, dashboards, and more. High level expertise with all areas of functionality including the latest Spring '09 features. I am available either for a telecommute position (hourly or project based); or onsite in the Irvine, CA area. Please contact me for a complete resume, or if you have any questions.
I am trying to accomplish an outside system to get a notification every time a user logs in the system, right away, I need the user name and IP address immediately after a successful login, by calling a Web service on our end, I want this service to be called even if the user did not land on the home page, like in the case the user receives a link to a contact via email.The user clicks on the link, log in to Salesforce and see the contact, even in this case, I want to run a code that calls a web service , informing the user logged on this moment with this IP
is there a way to run code (like S-CONTROL or APEX), or maybe popup a browser window (with our code) when the user logs in to Salesforce?

Hi, I have written a web service method in an apex class, this works from vb.net but I cannot
create a test method for it, I get the error:
Error: Compile Error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: UtilityCon.OpportunityInsert(Decimal, String, Date, String, String, String, String, String, Integer, String, Boolean, String, String, String, String, String, Decimal, Date, String) at line 13 column 13
Here is the test method:
@IsTest
public class TEST_UtilityCon {
static testMethod void myTest() {

String aaa;
aaa = UtilityCon.CR_ChangeEvent('a0D40000006FNt1EAG','a0C40000000HkqVEAS','old notes','mew notes');

String bbb;
bbb = UtilityCon.CR_ChangeClass ('a0D40000006FNt1EAG','a0C40000000HkqVEAS','old notes');

Date dt = date.parse('01/01/2011');
String opp;
opp = UtilityCon.OpportunityInsert (122.2, 'a0C40000002dO6hEAE', dt, '00330000004sgj0AAA', 'USD', 'Desc string sdfsf s', 'PipeLine', 'Professional 1', 2, '1967', false , 'Carl Anderson ', 'Notes come hrere', 'Class Interest', '00530000000dAAJAA2', 'Registered', 752.22, dt, 'Closed sale');
 }
}

This is the method:
WebService static String OpportunityInsert(Double ClassPrice , String ClassType, Date CloseDate,
String Contact, String CurrencyIsoCode, String Description,
String ForeCast, String GenericClassType,
Double InvoiceLine, String InvoiceNumber, boolean IsPrivate, String Name, String Notes,
String OpportunityType, String OwnerId, String RegistrationStatus, Double Paid, Date CRDateOfPayment,
String StageName
)

{

Opportunity o1 = new Opportunity();

o1.Class_Price__c = ClassPrice;
o1.Class_Type__c = ClassType;
o1.CloseDate = CloseDate;
o1.Contact__c = Contact;
o1.CurrencyIsoCode = CurrencyIsoCode ;

Any idea what's causing the error? Thanks!

Sue Davis

Looking for an individual to assist with business analysis, custom dashboards, heat maps, scorecards and process development/improvement.  Full time employment or consultant position can be home based.

I have over 8 years experience in Salesforce administration including creating custom apps, S Controls, App Exchange installations, web to lead, web to case, workflow, campaign management, contract management, multiple currencies, data migration, forecasting, reporting, dashboards, and more. High level expertise with all areas of functionality including the latest Spring '09 features. I am available either for a telecommute position (hourly or project based); or onsite in the Irvine, CA area. Please contact me for a complete resume, or if you have any questions.

I am new to Salesforce and learning how to integrate Informatica with Salesforce.

I recently created a Salesforce Developer Edition account but I am not sure of how to import the Salesforce objects into Informatica. If I use the default informatica provided Salesforce Service URL(https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/7.0) I am getting the following error message "Login failed. Error code:[SOAP-ENV:Client] Reason:[No Data]"

What is the Service URL to be used in Informatica to access Developer Edition account?

• April 14, 2009

Hi there,

I would like to provide my services on volunteer basis in the following areas:-

- SFDC Customization & Administration
- Data Migration involving Cleansing, De-Duplication, Preserving relationships and data Integrity
- I can also provide live production support that may invlove troubleshooting or debugging code in Triggers or Scontrols.

I have also received formal Training from Salesforce.com and Microtek ; for ADM 201, ADM 301 and ADM -320 the Developer Course.

I am Salesforce Certified Level 1 and looking to get some projects on volunteer basis related to Salesforce Administrative Type. I can also provide some good references as well as work samples on request. You can reach me on suma_anand04@hotmail.com for more information.

Thanks