• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created a new change set to deploy to production from my sandbox. On the incoming side, after I clicked "deploy" the set has been hanging for over 12 hours in an "in progress" mode. I have transferred many sets between the two sites before, without problem.

I can't get any help from SFDC support since this is still a Beta feature. I did notice in the Ideas board, that a few people have had similar problem in the past, but there was no note about any solution. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this problem?

Thanks,

Peter Robinson

Housing Works, Inc. 

I know that this is a question thats gone around a lot but I still dont have a good solution to the problem

I understand that date times are stores in the salesforce database as UTC, but on standard oppertunity pages the time will correctly display as the local time, but when i display the time on the visual force page it jsut shows as UTC again!!!

I know about the apex .format() as a way to pass the visual force page a locally formatted time, but my question is this.  If i am doing a query in my controller and returning that query back to the visual force page to be displayed into a grid, how do i get it as local time?  

here is my code, i simplified it here...

public PageReference query() {

qryString = 'SELECT Id, account.name,stageName,truck__c,pickupDateTime__c,'+ ' items_to_donate__c, drop_off_location__c,truck_size__c,neighborhood__c FROM Opportunity '+ 'WHERE CloseDate = ' + dateStr1 + ' and '+stageQuery+' ORDER BY truck__c, pickupDateTime__c ASC' ;}

}

queryResult = Database.query(qryString) ;

then on the front end i have

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!queryResult}" var="a" id="rows" width="50%">

<apex:column ><apex:facet name="header" ><b>Pickup Time</b></apex:facet>

{!a.PickupDateTime__c} </apex:column>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

any help you guys can offer would be amazing!!

Housing Works is looking for a full time salesforce developer and administrator to help us manage our non-profit install.

Housing Works is New York's largest AIDS service organization.  We provide housing, medical care, job training and advocacy to homeless New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDS.  To support this work we run a number of social enterprises including 8 thrift shops, a used bookstore, 3 cafes and a full service catering company. 

Position would be responsible for setting up and maintaining systems for managing our wide range of CRM needs including managing cash donors, in-kind donors and social enterprise customers of all sorts.  Would also be responsible for building online tools on top of salesforce to connect our online donations and our eCommerce businesses to the database so that all customer data ends up in the same place.

Its an exciting position working with a very diverse group of people helping to solve unqiue and interesting data management issues.

Ideal candidate will have experience with

Salesforce.com or other CRM administration 

eCommerce or online donation processing

web programming languages such as php

Apply online at https://hwthrifts.wufoo.com/forms/salesforce-developer-application/

We'd be looking to hire to fill this position ASAP.

Message Edited by housingworks on 02-23-2009 06:35 PM

I created a new change set to deploy to production from my sandbox. On the incoming side, after I clicked "deploy" the set has been hanging for over 12 hours in an "in progress" mode. I have transferred many sets between the two sites before, without problem.

I can't get any help from SFDC support since this is still a Beta feature. I did notice in the Ideas board, that a few people have had similar problem in the past, but there was no note about any solution. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this problem?

Thanks,

Peter Robinson

Housing Works, Inc. 

All,

I have a custom object called "Deployment Project" that contains a few dozen project milestone dates and times. When entered into SFDC, these dates and times appear in the SFDC user's current timezone.

The deployment project record is visible to our users as a Visualforce page published through Sites. When clients are viewing the page, the date/time fields all show in GMT.This is not very customer friendly and causes problems with the scheduling of events.

The code we're using for the fields to show date/time is as follows:

<apex:outputText styleClass="milestoneCol3" value="{0,date,MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm}">

<apex:param value="{!Deployment_Project__c.New_Client_Tutorial__c}" />
</apex:outputText>

This produces an output of:

12/05/2009 12:23

We need to convert the date/time output to a specific timezone, specifically Pacific Standard Time. 

Can this be done in the VisualForce page code, or do we need to do this in the APEX class?

Is there an easy way to only display the Time of a DateTime object in VisualForce?

Also is there an easy way to display the Day-of-the-week like 'Friday' in VisualForce?

Currently, I'm using a switch statement taken from the pdf on Formulas, but am wondering if there is a better method:

{!CASE(MOD( TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),0, "Sunday",1, "Monday",2, "Tuesday",3, "Wednesday",4, "Thursday",5, "Friday",6, "Saturday", "Error")}

Thanks

Parker