• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am having a problem with my navigation inside of a custom page layout. Here is a little background.

• I have created a new Lead Page Layout
  • I have created a new Section on that Page Layout
  • Inside the section I have included a new Custom VF Page that displays some data

Here is the problem:

1. Salesforce loads the custom VF page into an IFrame.
  2. Therefore when I select a link that is displayed in the custom section that I have created, It loads the selected navigation into the section instead of into the browser window. Obviously, this is a P3P issue.

Some things that I have tried:

1. Added a script tag to check the window location with the top location.
  2. Modified the script tag to load the location of the JavaScript top object.

Is there a solution for this, or would anyone have a better approach to this issue. I'm not sure how I can add the appropriate P3P header information to a VF page.

Any help here would be appreciated.

We've made changes to our package. When trying to install it says the unmanaged package is already installed and that we have to uninstall first. How do we upgrade a package and its objects without losing all our data?

In my package, I've overwritten some default Page Layouts and Standard Buttons and Links. 

But when deployed, those overrides don't seem to hold.  What do we need to do to make those options stick in an unmanaged package?

It would be preferable if the system administrator didn't have to perform the configurations manually.

The system tells me to uninstall the package.

Wouldn't that mean that I will lose the custom objects and data that I have created in the package?

Any insight that I can gain would be helpful.

Message Edited by Sunster on 02-04-2010 06:35 AM
Message Edited by Sunster on 02-04-2010 06:57 AM

How do you automatically add a detail grid to a standard tab like Content or Lead?  I can't simply use the related list because I need to run some custom SOQL.

Some of the steps that I have already taken:

1. Created a visualforce page that overrides the view of the Leads Tab.
  2. Deployed it into my Salesforce Organization, but had to perform the override manually.
  3. Is there anyway that I can automate the override in the config of the package?

Any insight that you can give me here would be helpful.

I have searched long and hard for this issue and can not seem to find a very good example. Although, I have found some interesting hacks and alternatives.

Here are my requirements:

• Use the Salesforce Reports to extract data and provide column mappings into an external application.

Therefore I have broken up the development process into 3 areas.

1) Allow the selection of the report that will be used for the exporting Salesforce Data.

2) Allow the selection of salesforce report columns that will map into the external application.

3) Pull the data from the report and import it into the external application.

Current Findings:

- Development areas 1 & 2 are easily accomplished through the Enterprise and Metadata API's, even the Partner API can be used here.

- Development area 3 functionality is not provided through the API, but can be accomplished through some URL hacks and creating a Cookie that contains SessionHeaderID information that is provided from the API login.

Problems:

- This isn't a very stable solution, if we are dealing with large files, there is the possibility of timeouts occuring during file download of the data, using xmlHTTPRequest's.

- Using the Salesforce Reports would have been very beneficial, due to the fact that the results can be filtered properly. And, I wouldn't have to build my own results filtering engine.

Questions:

- Am I taking the correct approach? I am looking at downloading contact information, which can be done through Campaign, Lead and Contact objects. And these objects are available through the API.

Any further suggestions or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunster

Message Edited by Sunster on 07-27-2009 10:43 AM
Message Edited by Sunster on 07-29-2009 12:28 PM

I attempting to place a merge field into a Custom Email Template. The template is related to the Lead Standard Object. Because I am working with Lead Fields, and I need to place the Lead Owner's Extension inside of the template.

But I am running into a problem, only the following Lead Owner fields are available:

• {!Lead.OwnerId}
  • {!Lead.OwnerEmail}
  • {!Lead.OwnerFirstName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerFullName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerLastName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerPhone}
  • {!Lead.OwnerTitle}

There doesn't seem to be a field available for the Lead Owner Extension field. I have attempted to use the following solution

• {!Lead.Owner.Extension}

But, when I place it into the template and hit the save button, it will truncate the "Extension" portion of the merge field. Leaving only {!Lead.Owner} in the template.

I am sure that there has to be a solution for this issue, but it is currently evading me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have some general methodology questions regarding updating and inserting new Activities(i.e. - Tasks) in a Salesforce Organization.

I am able to insert tasks to a lead fairly easily. And those tasks all appear in the OpenActivity list properly.

• But, when I attempt to insert a "Closed" or "Completed" task, so that the task will appear in the Activity History of the Lead, the task is inserted into the Lead, but appears in the Open Activities list.
  • Is there something else that I should be doing here?
  • How can I get a newly created Task that is closed to appear in the Activity History List of the lead?

Please forgive my ignorance....:smileyhappy:

Any help that you can give me would be very much appreciated...

I am currently using VB to update some custom Leads Fields in my Salesforce Organization.The lead, at this point, has already been created in the organization. So I am only updating the custom fields below.

But when upsert is called, I receive the following error:

SalesforceManager : BuildSalesforceErrorMessage() : Salesforce Object - Lead : Salesforce Status Code : INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE : Unable to create/update fields: IsConverted, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, Name, SystemModstamp, CreatedById, CreatedDate, IsDeleted. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile. : For Fields : IsConverted, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, Name, SystemModstamp, CreatedById, CreatedDate, IsDeleted,  .
Exception Type: System.Exception

I have checked my Security Field Levels and all of the fields listed are visible and read-only to the API User. Also, the System Administrator can NOT modify the Security Field Level of those fields.

Questions:

• Am I calling the right Web Method?
  • Should I be calling update specifically?
  • Is there some other restriction on the Lead Object?

Thanks, in advance, for your help,

Protected Sub PushingUpdate(ByVal submission As Submission, ByVal lead As SForceDevEnterpriseService.Lead) Dim leads As New List(Of SForceDevEnterpriseService.Lead) Dim upsertResult() As Salesforce.SForceDevEnterpriseService.UpsertResult Try leads.Clear() Me.PerformLeadSurveyUpdate(submission, lead) leads.Add(lead) upsertResult = Me.SalesforceEnterpriseService.upsert("Email", leads.ToArray()) Me.CheckForErrors(upsertResult, "Lead") Catch SoapEx As SoapException Dim sMessage As String = SoapEx.Message Catch ex As Exception Me.LogError(ex) End Try End Sub

Protected Sub PerformLeadSurveyUpdate(ByVal submission As ListrakIntegration.Common.LARTS.Entity.Submission, ByRef lead As SForceDevEnterpriseService.Lead)

'SurveyQuestions
For Each oQuestion As SurveyQuestion In submission.SurveyQuestions

Select Case oQuestion.Label.Trim()
Case "Current ESP"
If Not (oQuestion.Answer.Trim() = String.Empty) Then
If Not (lead.Survey_Current_ESP__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_Current_ESP__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case "Current Problems"
If Not (lead.Survey_Current_Problems__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_Current_Problems__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case "Demo Request"
If Not (lead.Survey_Demo_Request__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_Demo_Request__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case "Email Volume"
If Not (lead.Survey_Email_Volume__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_Email_Volume__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case "ESP Name"
If Not (lead.Survey_ESP_Name__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_ESP_Name__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case "Plans to Purchase"
If Not (lead.Survey_Plans_to_Purchase__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_Plans_to_Purchase__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case "Pricing Request"
If Not (lead.Survey_Pricing_Request__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_Pricing_Request__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case Else
End Select
Next

End Sub

I am new to Salesforce and writing my first Integration Application using the Salesforce API. Here is a little background for my issue.

1. I have downloaded the Partner wsdl for my organization.
  2. I am using VS 2008 and VB for my development platform. 
  3. I have added the Partner.wsdl as a Service Reference

I am currently attempting to login using version 15 of the api. Here is the code that I am using:

Private Function Login() As Boolean 'Create service object Dim bResult As Boolean = False Dim sforcePartnerClient As New SForceTestingPartnerService.SoapClient Dim sforcePartnerLoginResult As SForceTestingPartnerService.LoginResult Dim sforcePartnerGlobalResult As SForceTestingPartnerService.DescribeGlobalResult Try Console.WriteLine("----Login Response----") 'Invoke the login call and save results in LoginResult sforcePartnerClient.Open() sforcePartnerLoginResult = sforcePartnerClient.login(New SForceTestingPartnerService.LoginScopeHeader(), New SForceTestingPartnerService.CallOptions, Me.SalesforceUsername, Me.SalesforcePasswordToken) 'Supposed to set SessionID 'Supposed to set URL If (Not sforcePartnerLoginResult.passwordExpired) Then bResult = True Else Throw New Exception("Salesforce Username Password is expired.") End If If (bResult) Then 'Begin to setup all of the appropriate objects sforcePartnerGlobalResult = sforcePartnerClient.describeGlobal(sforcePartnerSessionHeader, New SForceTestingPartnerService.CallOptions()) End If Catch ex As Exception Me.LogError(ex) Finally sforcePartnerClient.Close() Console.WriteLine("----Login Response----") End Try Return bResult End Function

As I am going over the Developer guide for the login call. I noticed that a couple of properties are missing from the Client that seem to be available in the Web Service Reference.

1. Url
  2. SessionHeaderValue

How are these Property values handled in the Service Reference vs. the Web Service Reference? Or, can you point me to an appropriate example? 

Your help would be very much appreciated.

I am having a problem with my navigation inside of a custom page layout. Here is a little background.

• I have created a new Lead Page Layout
  • I have created a new Section on that Page Layout
  • Inside the section I have included a new Custom VF Page that displays some data

Here is the problem:

1. Salesforce loads the custom VF page into an IFrame.
  2. Therefore when I select a link that is displayed in the custom section that I have created, It loads the selected navigation into the section instead of into the browser window. Obviously, this is a P3P issue.

Some things that I have tried:

1. Added a script tag to check the window location with the top location.
  2. Modified the script tag to load the location of the JavaScript top object.

Is there a solution for this, or would anyone have a better approach to this issue. I'm not sure how I can add the appropriate P3P header information to a VF page.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

I overridden the Contact View button with a visualforce page(using Standard controller and Extension. Not using the Apex:Detail component) due to masking needed on some fields.

The custom contact detail page shows properly with related lists. I just want to include Hover Links for all the related lists of contact over the top of visual page as we have in standard page. I didn't get any proper solution in salesforce community also. Can anyone give the solution for this ?

Thanks in Advance... :-)

I'm trying to update a custom field for a Lead. However, the field isn't updating. I'm not quite sure if I'm trying to update the Lead correctly.

Lead updateThisLead = new Lead();

updateThisLead.Id = idOfLeadToUpdate;
updateThisLead.UpdateThisField__c = "Updated value";

SforceService sfdc = new SforceService();
string usr = "xxxxxxx";
string pwd = "xxxxxxx";

LoginResult lr = sfdc.login(usr, pwd);

sfdc.Url = lr.serverUrl;

sfdc.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader();
sfdc.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;
sforce.GetUserInfoResult userInfo = lr.userInfo;

sObject[] records = new sObject[] { updateThisLead };
SaveResult[] sr = sfdc.update(records);

I attempting to place a merge field into a Custom Email Template. The template is related to the Lead Standard Object. Because I am working with Lead Fields, and I need to place the Lead Owner's Extension inside of the template.

But I am running into a problem, only the following Lead Owner fields are available:

• {!Lead.OwnerId}
  • {!Lead.OwnerEmail}
  • {!Lead.OwnerFirstName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerFullName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerLastName}
  • {!Lead.OwnerPhone}
  • {!Lead.OwnerTitle}

There doesn't seem to be a field available for the Lead Owner Extension field. I have attempted to use the following solution

• {!Lead.Owner.Extension}

But, when I place it into the template and hit the save button, it will truncate the "Extension" portion of the merge field. Leaving only {!Lead.Owner} in the template.

I am sure that there has to be a solution for this issue, but it is currently evading me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have some general methodology questions regarding updating and inserting new Activities(i.e. - Tasks) in a Salesforce Organization.

I am able to insert tasks to a lead fairly easily. And those tasks all appear in the OpenActivity list properly.

• But, when I attempt to insert a "Closed" or "Completed" task, so that the task will appear in the Activity History of the Lead, the task is inserted into the Lead, but appears in the Open Activities list.
  • Is there something else that I should be doing here?
  • How can I get a newly created Task that is closed to appear in the Activity History List of the lead?

Please forgive my ignorance....:smileyhappy:

Any help that you can give me would be very much appreciated...

I am currently using VB to update some custom Leads Fields in my Salesforce Organization.The lead, at this point, has already been created in the organization. So I am only updating the custom fields below.

But when upsert is called, I receive the following error:

SalesforceManager : BuildSalesforceErrorMessage() : Salesforce Object - Lead : Salesforce Status Code : INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE : Unable to create/update fields: IsConverted, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, Name, SystemModstamp, CreatedById, CreatedDate, IsDeleted. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile. : For Fields : IsConverted, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, Name, SystemModstamp, CreatedById, CreatedDate, IsDeleted,  .
Exception Type: System.Exception

I have checked my Security Field Levels and all of the fields listed are visible and read-only to the API User. Also, the System Administrator can NOT modify the Security Field Level of those fields.

Questions:

• Am I calling the right Web Method?
  • Should I be calling update specifically?
  • Is there some other restriction on the Lead Object?

Thanks, in advance, for your help,

Protected Sub PushingUpdate(ByVal submission As Submission, ByVal lead As SForceDevEnterpriseService.Lead) Dim leads As New List(Of SForceDevEnterpriseService.Lead) Dim upsertResult() As Salesforce.SForceDevEnterpriseService.UpsertResult Try leads.Clear() Me.PerformLeadSurveyUpdate(submission, lead) leads.Add(lead) upsertResult = Me.SalesforceEnterpriseService.upsert("Email", leads.ToArray()) Me.CheckForErrors(upsertResult, "Lead") Catch SoapEx As SoapException Dim sMessage As String = SoapEx.Message Catch ex As Exception Me.LogError(ex) End Try End Sub

Protected Sub PerformLeadSurveyUpdate(ByVal submission As ListrakIntegration.Common.LARTS.Entity.Submission, ByRef lead As SForceDevEnterpriseService.Lead)

'SurveyQuestions
For Each oQuestion As SurveyQuestion In submission.SurveyQuestions

Select Case oQuestion.Label.Trim()
Case "Current ESP"
If Not (lead.Survey_Current_ESP__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then
lead.Survey_Current_ESP__c = oQuestion.Answer
End If
End If
Case "Current Problems"
If Not (lead.Survey_Current_Problems__c = oQuestion.Answer) Then