• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've attempted to install the force IDE by using the full Eclipse Force IDE Windows 32 bit installer on my Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 machine.  Here's what it looks like after install.  I tried reinstalling but there's no "repair installation" option.

Force IDE Screenshot

I then uninstalled and reinstalled from the same download.  Now I get this when trying to launch the application after which I get the same results as above.  Per the documentation on sf.com, there should be other choices under the Window menu.

Force IDE error

Please advise.

Thanks,

dmg

• April 15, 2012

I recently upgraded to enterprise edition primarily for sending emails via time based workflow actions.  My problem is that these workflow email alerts are not tracked in salesforce at all.  My sales rep demoed an identical setup where the workflow email alerts instead went through the traditional salesforce email system and were visible under activity history as well as trackable via HTML email status.

He said this was accomplished via an APEX trigger, but in my research I have not found how to hook into the workflow email alert to gain the same functionality.  This solution is preferable to encapsulating the entire email send into the trigger because it allows non developers to choose email templates and timing via workflow point and click.  Can anyone post some code on how to implement this so workflow emails are properly tracked (as they should be in the first place)?

Thanks!

• April 13, 2012

I've created a custom button on a Lead page that returns the user back to the lead page within the main Console window.  The problem is that I now have 2 sidebars displayed - the one on the console as well as the one within the main frame.  How do I modify the retURL parameter to suppress the sidebar within this frame?

Thanks,

David

• November 15, 2009

I'm looking to implement a Visualforce page to allow users to edit multiple tasks at once.  I was unable to find any standard controller to support this.  Is there any way to do this using Professional Edition (no ability to write apex custom controllers).

Thanks,

David

• September 30, 2009

I'm trying to understand what I am able to do even though I cannot access the API.  If we have no plans to upgrade to Enterprise Edition currently am I wasting my time trying to learn how to program on this platform or are there still a lot of things that I can do?

If someone can list what's doable and what isn't it would be extremely helpful.  Examples of s-controls, components and visual force pages that can be authored?  I'm really not sure where the limits are and I know there aren't any with the developer edition so I don't want to waste my time developing something if I can't use in in our environment if you know what i mean...

Thanks,

D

• March 06, 2009

I've created a custom button on a Lead page that returns the user back to the lead page within the main Console window.  The problem is that I now have 2 sidebars displayed - the one on the console as well as the one within the main frame.  How do I modify the retURL parameter to suppress the sidebar within this frame?

Thanks,

David

• November 15, 2009