• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I want to know how to create Hierarchy structure for Account in Salesforce.

In my integration project I have to create a Account hierarchy like tree structure and it will have 3 levels.

Ex: Account A can have many subsidiaries and each subsidiaries intern have many divisions.

How can I represent this in salesforce.

Plesae suggest me with some solution..... 

Thanks

-skumar

Hi,

This is related to my previous post.....

I want to lock the Record (ex: Opportunity), so that some profiles should not access (or edit) that record.

I did this by using different Record Types. Can I do the same thing by changing the owner of the record?

From the Client Application I will create Opportunity. On some condition I want to restrict the access (or editing) for this record from all profiles except Administrator. I will assign Administrator as owner for this particular Record.

Is this is possible? If yes how can I do this....?

Is type of record is must to do this...? How to set the permissions to profiles on particular records?

Or is there any other way(Except 'Record Type') so that, on some condition I can give access permission only to Administrator & not to any one else.

I will use some Custom field to specify the condition.

Please suggest me for the solution....

Thanks for any help..... 

-skumar

Hi,

I want to lock particular Record on some condition.

Ex: I will include one custom field(check box) in Opportunity as "Lock". If this is checked for any Opportunity, then that Opportunity should not be accessible by any other group (Ex: Sales, Marketing).

How can I achieve this?

Thanks for any help.....

Hi,

I need help on SOQL.

My requirment is like this....

I have a added a Contact section in Opportunity (Created as Custom Object, and fileds are "Master-Detail Relationship" type. Where the Master Object is Contact, Opportunity).

I can create new Opportunity and then i can add some Contact at this Contact Section of Opportunity.

Now, how can i get the details of this Contacts using Query.

Ex:

Query: Select o.Id, o.Name from Opportunity o

in this query i can get the Id and Name of Opportunity, but how can i get the Contact information which i added in the new Contact section??

I am not able to see anything related to this new Object  in Apex Explorer.... 

Thanks for any help....

Thanks

skumar

Hi,

I want to lock particular Record on some condition.

Ex: I will include one custom field(check box) in Opportunity as "Lock". If this is checked for any Opportunity, then that Opportunity should not be accessible by any other group (Ex: Sales, Marketing).

How can I achieve this?

Thanks for any help.....

Hi,

I need help on SOQL.

My requirment is like this....

I have a added a Contact section in Opportunity (Created as Custom Object, and fileds are "Master-Detail Relationship" type. Where the Master Object is Contact, Opportunity).

I can create new Opportunity and then i can add some Contact at this Contact Section of Opportunity.

Now, how can i get the details of this Contacts using Query.

Ex:

Query: Select o.Id, o.Name from Opportunity o

in this query i can get the Id and Name of Opportunity, but how can i get the Contact information which i added in the new Contact section??

I am not able to see anything related to this new Object  in Apex Explorer.... 

Thanks for any help....

Thanks

skumar