• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How can I write a visual page which list all the records that I have on custom object called Hotel with check box next to each record.

So for instance, the display will look like below

check box  hotelid1 hotel name1 

check box  hotelid2 hotel name2

check box  hotelid3 hotel name3

check box  hotelid4 hotel name4

check box  hotelid5 hotel name 5

etc

I do hope it makes sense and I would extremely appreiciate if someone can let me know wheather it is possible or not.

Regards, 

• May 13, 2009

Hi all,

I have got two custom junction objects called Hotel Club and Register Child. Both objects are linked by a look up relationship. 

My question  how can I calculate the number of registered child on a hotel club. I can't create a master detail relationship on Register Child Object as it is also a child object of Client. Otherwise I can simply count the numbers.

Thanks, in advance ,for your help.

Regards, 

• May 13, 2009

Hi all,

I can't seem to find the above option anymore under (Set up -> Create). Where has it gone? How can i retrieve it back?

Thanks, 

• May 01, 2009

Hi all,

Is there a way to put a custom field on related list of an child object. Basically I have got  a few id numbers listed on the related list and it doesn't mean anyting at a glance. So i was wondering if I can change one of the id number to a number, the related list will make more sense.

I was wondering if there is a way to do that?

Best, 

• April 30, 2009

Hi all,

I have got three custom objs called Child, Register and Club. The idea is to register children to clubs. To do that I need to create a child record first , I then, click New Club Register on the child object related list area. So far it works perfectly fine but when a child is required to register more than one clubs, I have to click on this New Club Register for more than once (Sometime I need to register a child to more than 14 clubs and it is getting tedious) .  

I thought if I can get a custom button next to New Club Register, once click on it a page will pop up giving all the available clubs. All I get to do is tick the correct clubs and click on register and all the registeration details will be listed on child object related list area.

Is it possible to do that? If it is could someone please guid me to the right direction?

Many thanks, 

• April 27, 2009

Hi all,

Silly question. On the left hand corner of the screen, there is a search box. I noticed it only works when I type in the ID number of the field that I am searching. For instance, if I were to search someone with last name on Lead obj, it doesn't work.

Is there a way to change it so that it will search by last name as well as the id number?

Many thanks, 

• April 22, 2009

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. When you click on Lead tab and click on any of the built in views, you will see the lead information displayed nicely. I am just wondering if there is a way to remove the company column from the display?

Knowing it might be far too basic for some of you but as I am struggling with it I thought I will pick your brains.

Regards, 

• April 21, 2009

Hi all,

I was wondering what would be the simplest way to create Order Line Object linking to a parent Order Object. By that I mean, if I were to register an order details on my system, at first I would type in the details of the order on the order object. I will then open Order Line object and type in the line number, qty and cost one at a time (save & new).  That's quite time consuming if we have multiple orders and multiple order lines to register.

So I was wondering if there is a way to register all the order lines in one go as below:

Item      - Qty - Cost

blar blar -  3    - £3

abc        -  1    - £3 

cba        -  1    - £3  

---

Click save.

Rather than click save and new for three times?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards, 

• April 02, 2009

Hi all,

One of the fileds that I would like to display on my email template is not showing up. Basically, I have got Client Details and Booking Details Objs.

On my email template, I have ClientID (Look Up Field to Bookings) and a few other booking details and client surname. Everything else comes up on the template but the surname. I wonder why.

Could anyone point me what I am doing wrong please?

Regards, 

• March 30, 2009

Hi all,

I have got two objects called clubs and registraions. I can register delegates to different clubs. On the club object I have got a field called spaces_booked. What I would like to do is to display number of delegates who have booked for that particular club.

Is there a way to achieve that? I can't seem to find the COUNT function on the salesforce.

Help please.

Registraions Object

Registered 

- Mr Dole

- Mr Smith 

Club Object 

Spaces_Booked

------------------- 

Regards, 

• March 25, 2009

Hi all,

I have got the following formula which gives me a date which is 6 months earlier than my start date:

DATE(YEAR( Club_Start_Date__c ),MONTH( Club_Start_Date__c ) - 6,DAY( Club_Start_Date__c )) 

It works perfectly fine if the start date is from July to Dec otherwise it produces an error message.

I tried this work around Club_Start_Date__c - (From__c * 30) , although it works, it doesn't procude the exact (correct) date that I am after.(From_c = 6)

I wonder if you guys have a better work around. 

Many thanks, 

• March 24, 2009

How can I write a visual page which list all the records that I have on custom object called Hotel with check box next to each record.

So for instance, the display will look like below

check box  hotelid1 hotel name1 

check box  hotelid2 hotel name2

check box  hotelid3 hotel name3

check box  hotelid4 hotel name4

check box  hotelid5 hotel name 5

etc

I do hope it makes sense and I would extremely appreiciate if someone can let me know wheather it is possible or not.

Regards, 

• May 13, 2009

Hello every body im creating an application using force.com

First of all i created Application tab in which i have inserted the DateOfBirth field with date data type , every thing is going well but the problem is  in dateof birth field calender is .(1) i want the values from 1950 to present year and (2)want to increment a year when the new year comes .

Can u pls help me if any body know how to do it

Message Edited by simha on 05-13-2009 12:36 AM
  • May 13, 2009

Hi all,

I can't seem to find the above option anymore under (Set up -> Create). Where has it gone? How can i retrieve it back?

Thanks, 

• May 01, 2009

Hi all,

Is there a way to put a custom field on related list of an child object. Basically I have got  a few id numbers listed on the related list and it doesn't mean anyting at a glance. So i was wondering if I can change one of the id number to a number, the related list will make more sense.

I was wondering if there is a way to do that?

Best, 

• April 30, 2009

Hi all,

I have got three custom objs called Child, Register and Club. The idea is to register children to clubs. To do that I need to create a child record first , I then, click New Club Register on the child object related list area. So far it works perfectly fine but when a child is required to register more than one clubs, I have to click on this New Club Register for more than once (Sometime I need to register a child to more than 14 clubs and it is getting tedious) .  

I thought if I can get a custom button next to New Club Register, once click on it a page will pop up giving all the available clubs. All I get to do is tick the correct clubs and click on register and all the registeration details will be listed on child object related list area.

Is it possible to do that? If it is could someone please guid me to the right direction?

Many thanks, 

• April 27, 2009

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. When you click on Lead tab and click on any of the built in views, you will see the lead information displayed nicely. I am just wondering if there is a way to remove the company column from the display?

Knowing it might be far too basic for some of you but as I am struggling with it I thought I will pick your brains.

Regards, 

• April 21, 2009

Hi all,

I have got two objects called clubs and registraions. I can register delegates to different clubs. On the club object I have got a field called spaces_booked. What I would like to do is to display number of delegates who have booked for that particular club.

Is there a way to achieve that? I can't seem to find the COUNT function on the salesforce.

Help please.

Registraions Object

Registered 

- Mr Dole

- Mr Smith 

Club Object 

Spaces_Booked

------------------- 

Regards, 

• March 25, 2009

Hi all,

I have got the following formula which gives me a date which is 6 months earlier than my start date:

DATE(YEAR( Club_Start_Date__c ),MONTH( Club_Start_Date__c ) - 6,DAY( Club_Start_Date__c )) 

It works perfectly fine if the start date is from July to Dec otherwise it produces an error message.

I tried this work around Club_Start_Date__c - (From__c * 30) , although it works, it doesn't procude the exact (correct) date that I am after.(From_c = 6)

I wonder if you guys have a better work around. 

Many thanks, 

• March 24, 2009