• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

After creating a Namespace Prefix - a class would stop to compile with the following error:

Didn't understand relationship 'MyObj__c' in field path... 

If I export the same unmanaged package to another ORG - it works just fine. If I rename the object name in the relationship query in the apex code to contain the prefix - the compilation error disappears as well.

This compiles: 

[select ID, Name from MyObj__c LIMIT 1];

This won't compile:

[select ID, Name, (select ID from MyObj__c.Attachments) from MyObj__c LIMIT 1];

...but it will compile if I add the namespace prefix:

[select ID, Name, (select ID from mypkg__MyObj__c.Attachments) from MyObj__c LIMIT 1];

As I understood, creation of prefix does not supposed to affect existing apex code, it supposed to affect API calls and dynamic apex only. Is this right?

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong here? Or is there a problem with my ORG?

Thanks in advance,

Rolan 

If a class has an abstract method - the following error appears when invoking the content assist:

"Content Assistdid not complete normally.  Please see the log for more information.
java.lang.NullPointerException

The content assist will return working normally as the method removed or as the abstract keyword removed.

My temporary solution:
Using virtual methods during the development processoverriding them in the deriving class - and making them abstract after the main development is completed

Tested on:
Eclipse3.3.2 and 3.4.1 
IDE version16.0.0.200906.151227

Hi All,

After creating a Namespace Prefix - a class would stop to compile with the following error:

Didn't understand relationship 'MyObj__c' in field path... 

If I export the same unmanaged package to another ORG - it works just fine. If I rename the object name in the relationship query in the apex code to contain the prefix - the compilation error disappears as well.

This compiles: 

[select ID, Name from MyObj__c LIMIT 1];

This won't compile:

[select ID, Name, (select ID from MyObj__c.Attachments) from MyObj__c LIMIT 1];

...but it will compile if I add the namespace prefix:

[select ID, Name, (select ID from mypkg__MyObj__c.Attachments) from MyObj__c LIMIT 1];

As I understood, creation of prefix does not supposed to affect existing apex code, it supposed to affect API calls and dynamic apex only. Is this right?

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong here? Or is there a problem with my ORG?

Thanks in advance,

Rolan 

Does anyone know how I can install version 14 of the Eclipse IDE? Version 15 has been really buggy and I want to do a clean install of the version 14 IDE.

When I run the "Find and Install" wizard in Eclipse and set up the Force.com IDE download site, it only gives me the option to downlad the version 15 Force.com IDE. 

I need to create PDFs dynamically. Basically a PDF template is provided which is kind of a form. Based on the data filled by the User, the form should be populated. The template will reside in Document library of Salesforce or Intranet. Is there a way to do it?

There are tools which allow PDF creation on fly like iText. But they are based on .Net or Java or Com/ActiveX platform. Can this be done within Salesforce.

I have already considered the option of generating the pdf using Visualforce. But it doesnt seems feasible because of huge number of different forms with each form consisting of more than 20 pages.