• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have very minimal VF experience.  I would like to create a VF page that I can insert in as a component in a dashboard that will show Opportunity Name and Next Step.  I would also like to be able to filter the opportunities by certain fields.  I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I have no idea of where to begin.

Thanks,

I'm trying to tab out our account layout.  I'm unable to create a tab for some related lists that are standard objects (Partners, Content Deliveries, Activity History, etc)  The custom objects were no problem, but for these and a few other standard objects I receive the "not a valid child relationship error"

here is the code I'm using - taken from the infamous tabbed accounts in 30 seconds wiki

<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab=" tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">   
      <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="contacts" />
      </apex:tab>
      <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="opportunities" />
      <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" />
      <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" />
       <apex:tab label="Activity History" name="Activity History" id="tabActivityHistory">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="ActivityHistory" />

I've searched through the boards here and was unable to locate an answer for standard objects only custom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

This is a follow up to another question I posted yesterday about building tabs

I am trying to follow the tabs in 30 seconds wiki entry but it's for a custom object and it's custom related lists.

If I can get the first tab working the rest is cake.  I keep receiving this error message

Error: Unknown property 'Clients_For_Life__cStandardController.Transition_Meeting__c'

for this code:

<apex:page standardController="Clients_For_Life__c" showHeader="true" tabStyle="Clients_For_Life__c" > <apex:detail subject="{!Clients_For_Life__c}" relatedList="true" title="true"/> <apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities"/> <apex:pageBlock > <apex:tabPanel selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel"> <apex:tab label="Transition Meeting" name="Transition Meeting" id="Transition_Meeting__c"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!Transition_Meeting__c}" list="Transition_Meeting__c" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:relatedList list="NotesAndAttachments"/> <apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories"/></apex:page>

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first project in VF and I'm learning as I go along.

Thanks, 

This is my first visualforce project so please excuse the dumb line of questioning you are about to read.

I am trying to follow the "Tabbed Accounts in 30 seconds or less" wiki entry but the tabs I am trying to create are for a custom object and instead of having tabs for related lists I would like it to be for the sections in the detail section.

Can anyone provide the code for this?

I'm literally stuck at the beginning, I have the standard controller built but that is it.

Thanks, 

I'm not sure if this is the correct area requesting visualforce help but I didn't see another location.

I created a custom object that has 14 sections under the detail.  Needless to say this makes the page layout very lengthy.  I was wondering if there was a way to make this into a visual force page with tabs similar to the tabs across the top of the salesforce interface.

I am trying to create a custom field that links to an attachment in salesforce.

I did this through a custom URL field but the address is extremely lengthy.  Is there a way to create a hyperlink "click here"?

Thanks, 

I'm trying to create a validation rule that goes "if status = probated, reason field is required"

Here is what I have but when I check syntax it says it is incorrect

AND ( ispickval (Status, "Probated")) AND (LEN (Reason) = 0)

Status is a picklist field and Reason is a text field.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks 

I am trying to update a field via excel connector and keep receiving this error

"Salesforce: Query ()

invalid range, missing data type, or other error,

tyep is: Lead ID

sObject type "Lead ID" is not Supported"

I am not understanding what I need to change for this to work.

Thank you,

I'm trying to create a validation rule in the leads section that goes like this:

If the "Division" field (picklist) equals "this text" and the "lead status" (picklist) is equal or greater than "Qualified" then the "Product" field (picklist) is required.

Here is what I have so far

AND (ISPICKVAL (Division__c, "TEXT"), ( ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified, Top Qualified")), ISNULL ( SM_Product__c ))

I am getting the error of "Field SM_Product is a picklist field and cannot support "ISNULL"

Any help is appreciated.  I am using P/E if that helps.

Thanks,

Message Edited by JJenkins on 06-16-2009 10:46 AM

I am trying to create a validation rule where the close date is required to be in the future, or not in past, if the opportunity is open.  Once closed won or lost I do not want the rule to be in place.

I've tried to do this off of type, stage and forecast category but I am having no luck.

Thanks,

I'm trying to tab out our account layout.  I'm unable to create a tab for some related lists that are standard objects (Partners, Content Deliveries, Activity History, etc)  The custom objects were no problem, but for these and a few other standard objects I receive the "not a valid child relationship error"

here is the code I'm using - taken from the infamous tabbed accounts in 30 seconds wiki

<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab=" tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">   
      <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="contacts" />
      <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="opportunities" />
      <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" />
      <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" />
       <apex:tab label="Activity History" name="Activity History" id="tabActivityHistory">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="ActivityHistory" />

I've searched through the boards here and was unable to locate an answer for standard objects only custom.

Thanks,

This is a follow up to another question I posted yesterday about building tabs

I am trying to follow the tabs in 30 seconds wiki entry but it's for a custom object and it's custom related lists.

If I can get the first tab working the rest is cake.  I keep receiving this error message

Error: Unknown property 'Clients_For_Life__cStandardController.Transition_Meeting__c'

for this code:

<apex:page standardController="Clients_For_Life__c" showHeader="true" tabStyle="Clients_For_Life__c" > <apex:detail subject="{!Clients_For_Life__c}" relatedList="true" title="true"/> <apex:relatedList list="OpenActivities"/> <apex:pageBlock > <apex:tabPanel selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel"> <apex:tab label="Transition Meeting" name="Transition Meeting" id="Transition_Meeting__c"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!Transition_Meeting__c}" list="Transition_Meeting__c" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:relatedList list="NotesAndAttachments"/> <apex:relatedList list="ActivityHistories"/></apex:page>

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first project in VF and I'm learning as I go along.

Thanks, 

I am trying to create a custom field that links to an attachment in salesforce.

I did this through a custom URL field but the address is extremely lengthy.  Is there a way to create a hyperlink "click here"?

Thanks, 

I'm trying to create a validation rule that goes "if status = probated, reason field is required"

Here is what I have but when I check syntax it says it is incorrect

AND ( ispickval (Status, "Probated")) AND (LEN (Reason) = 0)

Status is a picklist field and Reason is a text field.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks 

I'm trying to create a validation rule in the leads section that goes like this:

If the "Division" field (picklist) equals "this text" and the "lead status" (picklist) is equal or greater than "Qualified" then the "Product" field (picklist) is required.

Here is what I have so far

AND (ISPICKVAL (Division__c, "TEXT"), ( ISPICKVAL (Status, "Qualified, Top Qualified")), ISNULL ( SM_Product__c ))

I am getting the error of "Field SM_Product is a picklist field and cannot support "ISNULL"

Any help is appreciated.  I am using P/E if that helps.

Thanks,

Message Edited by JJenkins on 06-16-2009 10:46 AM

I am trying to create a validation rule where the close date is required to be in the future, or not in past, if the opportunity is open.  Once closed won or lost I do not want the rule to be in place.

I've tried to do this off of type, stage and forecast category but I am having no luck.

Thanks,

I noticed that my Visualforce page threw the following error when I tried to add a related list that was perfectly well defined in the object's setup but happened not to be in the Page Layout: 'SubContracts__r' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Licensing Contract

This appears to be an undocumented restriction on the use of <apex:relatedList> not to mention one that could potentially cause some nasty issues in a production environment should an admin update a page layout or create a new one after the orginal page is deployed. Likewise, if they create new recordtypes or recordtype/profile assignments. This restriction is not intuitive; one generally thinks of Visualforce as an alternative to a Page Layout, not as an extension that is bound to it and inherents its content restrictions. Additionally, for developers who have over-ridden all page-layouts for an object with VF pages, it is counter-intuitive to have to edit a Page Layout that is not in use simply to include the list in their VF pages.

Could someone respond back with some clearer details on how this actually works? Does Visualforce simply require that one page layout include the related list or does it require the page layout for the given record type include it. Wouldn't it be more robust to simply define the apex:related list to display based on user permissions rather than throw an error if the list is not found in the related page layout.

Message Edited by lnryan on 12-16-2008 01:12 PM
  • December 16, 2008