• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a project I'm beginning to work on that I can't seem to figure out what the best way to go about making it is. Basically, what I need to create is some kind of web app/form that customers can go to and fill out and submit. This will update/create records in our Salesforce Org as well as return some results/information to them based on selections they made in the form. Here are some other requirements we are looking we would like to have:
  • access to majority of Salesforce standard and custom objects
  • publicly available, but eventuallly password and IP protected.
  • ability to handle 100s of users
  • users should be able to return to edit their selections/create and fill out new forms to get new results
  • need to be able to create/add code to the form to further customize the interaction
  • compatable with most common operating systems, browsers, tablets, phones, etc.
  • somehow share/send the data/results to an additional Salesforce Org
Through the research I've done so far, I think my choices for creating something like this are to use Force.com Sites and/or create a Community site, or some combination of both. We are currently in the process of creating/setting up a Community and Service Cloud and I'm not sure if this project is something I should just roll into that as well.

Hopefully I've painted a good enough of a picture to where you can help me out and possibly point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Error Generated by request

from (object) where (field) [opporation] YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.000Z

Error at row:1:Column:41

value of filter criterion for field 'xxxxx__C' must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes

ExceptionCode : 5077

i changed the code in the connector's utils Module

'commented out to fix queries for field equals date
        'sfQueryValueFormat = Format$(vlu, "yyyy-mm-ddTHH:MM:SS.000Z")

'changed format to fix queries for field equals date

sfQueryValueFormat = Format$(vlu, "yyyy-mm-dd")

this seems to work so far in queries that use just a date.

no idea yet how it would impact queries that involved both date and time.

Has anyone else come up with a better solution ?

Use at YOUR OWN RISK. be safe make backups

Error Generated by request

from (object) where (field) [opporation] YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.000Z

Error at row:1:Column:41

value of filter criterion for field 'xxxxx__C' must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes

ExceptionCode : 5077

i changed the code in the connector's utils Module

'commented out to fix queries for field equals date
        'sfQueryValueFormat = Format$(vlu, "yyyy-mm-ddTHH:MM:SS.000Z")

'changed format to fix queries for field equals date

sfQueryValueFormat = Format$(vlu, "yyyy-mm-dd")

this seems to work so far in queries that use just a date.

no idea yet how it would impact queries that involved both date and time.

Has anyone else come up with a better solution ?

Use at YOUR OWN RISK. be safe make backups

When I try to update cell -Owner ID - in Leads I get error message:

Update Row Failed:
Owner ID: id value of incorrect type: bonnie williams

even though user is valid name?

What is going on.  I have done this before without errors.

• May 06, 2009

Hi, friends

I am using excel connector to import leads information into SFDC.

I designed an excel template for our marketing staff to fill in and then upload to SFDC for them.

In the excel template which I designed, I write many excel macros with VB and simply we need to click connector to insert new leads or update existing leads.

May i know how to integrate the connector command"insert new rows" or "update selected cells" in my macros? or be less complicated, how can i call the connector command in my macro?

As we know, connector is also wirtten by VB and locked with password to view.

Thanks to anyone who can provide the answer.

Allen

I seem to hit a wall everytime i try to 'update selected cells' where the selected cells are custom fields with 'number' as type. The error is completely generic saying : "Object required".

I'm sure i have the correct structure and what not seeing as how i loaded the table using the 'Table query wizard'. I can update all the other custom fields that i've tried except for 'number' types.

I also find it strange that i can 'insert' a new row and the custom number fields take the value without a hitch, updating is where the problem is at.

Can anyone tell me if i'm missing something or if there is a work around for this.

Thanks

• February 25, 2009
Hi,
We use the Excel Connector to update Opportunity records with quote values from an estimation spreadsheet.  It has worked fine for about 4 months but now won't update numeric fields.  Dates, currency and text all still work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • February 21, 2008
I get a message reading:

id from RevenueForecast where StartDate > 2007-12-31T00:00:00.000Z
value of filter criterion for field 'StartDate' must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes

This used to work!

• January 23, 2008
Hi all-

Has anyone written a handy front-end for the Connector?

Also.. is there some simple way to shorten the number of steps required to upload a fully functional opp?  As it is right now, this is what I have to do:

1) Query the Account table to get the appropriate Account ID
2) Fill in Opp info, upload
3) note the Opp IDs
4) Query LineItem table for LineItem IDs
5) Fill in lineItem info
6) note LineItem Ids
7) Query LineItemSchedule table
yadda, yadda, yadda.

It's driving me a bit batty.  I'd love to be able to just put /all/ the Opp info in a single spreadsheet and upload.  Is this doable?

TIA
I'm tinkering with VBA for the first time, and I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet on which I can click a button on the first sheet (tab) of my excel document that calls the "run each query on current sheet" function built into the sforce connector's toolbar.

A co-worker that knows way more about this than me suggested this line of code for running all queries on all sheets.

Sub ButtonName_Click()
Application.run "'sforce_connect.xla'!sfQueryAllSheets()"
End Sub
Turns out I don't want to run all queries on ALL sheets because that triggered some funky things happening on other sheets of my document that I didn't intend to modify.

SO...   I tried this code sample below that a community member named "PAL" had posted here:
http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Excel_Connector&message.id=242#M242
Private Sub CmdButUpdSforce_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_CmdButUpdSforce_Click
    Sheets("opps").Activate
    Call sfqueryall(True)

Exit_CmdButUpdSforce_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_CmdButUpdSforce_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_CmdButUpdSforce_Click
End Sub
I changed "opps" to the name of my 2nd sheet "FROM SALESFORCE" that contains the queries I want to update.

This chunk of code failed with a compile error "sub or function not defined"
Specifically, it fails when it calls sfqueryall(true)

Playing around, I found that if I added this same code as a module within sforce_connect.xla, it worked perfectly, but when I add it as a module in my excel document, sfqueryall(true) fails.

From my limited programming knowledge, that tells me that even though sforce.connect.xla is an active "add-in,"  I still need to "include" the code somehow before I call one of the connector's internal functions.

Do I have the connector installed incorrectly?  am I calling its internal functions incorrectly?  or is there some simple include statement I need to issue before calling an internal function?

Alternatively to "running all queries on current sheet", it would seem quite elegant to just update the table data for the 5 different rows that I need to update sequentially.

With what I currently have working, I have to query each row manually.
select row22 - and choose "query table data" from the sforce connector toolbar.
select row25  - again query table data from the toolbar
and again for 3 or 4 more tables since I'm downloading the opportunity, contact, account, opportunitylintims,  pricebook entry, and pricebook2

You can probably see why I want to automate this with a button on the first tab. I'm sure if I had some experience with VBA, this would be a no brainer. I'll learn quickly if I can get a little assistance here.

Thanks in advance!
-Ethan

Message Edited by elipman on 09-22-2007 05:47 PM

• September 23, 2007
Hi...I just became aware of the excel connector.  Is it useful for creating sales quotes, where I simply want to pull saleforce.com fields into quote templates that exist in excel?  I'll play around with it, but just thought I'd be lazy and ask first.  :-)

thanks
Dear all,

Would someone be able to tell me if it is possible to programatically drag down data from Salesforce to Excel at set times throughout the day?

My idea was to run some VBA code at set intervals which would then bring back the reports that I wanted.

I have both the Salesforce Connector and the Office Edition

Any help would be greatley appreciated

thanks

Richard
  • September 08, 2006