• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How to track an email sent from custom object email field ?? Is there any work aroundfor this by using HTML email Status

I have a custom object called Enrollment__c which has email field called notificationemail.I am triggering an email Alert through notificationemail field  on Enrollment__c all works fine but I want the triggered email should be some how tracked and record the activity on Enrollment__c object simalar to the HTML email Status on Accounts,I s there is a way that I can use the HTML Email status to keep track of notification emails

I have a custom object called Enrollment__c which has email field called notificationemail.I am triggering an email Alert through notificationemail field  on Enrollment__c all works fine but I want the triggered email should be some how tracked and record the activity on Enrollment__c object simalar to the HTML email Status on Accounts,I s there is a way that I can use the HTML Email status to keep track of notification emails
I have a .Net application which uses salesforce api and resides on rackspace hosting company(Running on windows server 2003 ) .Is there is a way  to move that application to force.com server.I am just curious to know where force.com servers runs,applications built out side force.com like .net,java or php

I am trying to find a way to track an html status of an email.All of my outboud email is going from workflow email alerts .Is there any way that i can keep track of emails opened by customer  and count .

Any help is appreciated..... 

Hi,

I am trying to send an email to a friend or Account using their Account Owner .I am planning to make a single email template and use IF Else statment to make the Owner name and contact appear on the template depending on thier Account Owners.I like to know the syntax for if else used in email templates
To be more clear I am using this templates for email alerts in workflows,So I have a template designed with different Images,Signatures  in html for different Account Owners but I need to use a comman template but with selective Images and Signatures depending on Account's Owner.

Any help is Appreciated.

Thanks...

Hi,

I am trying to send an email to a friend or Account using their Account Owner .I am planning to make a single email template and use IF Else statment to make the Owner name and contact appear on the template depending on thier Account Owners.I like to know the syntax for if else used in email templates

Any help is Appreciated.

Thanks...

Hi,

I am trying to setup an email alert through workflows when ever owner changes for the account.I am trying to to it using ISCHANGED(OwnerId) in rule criteria (formula evaluats to true)but it throws an syntax error saying Function ISCHANGED may not be used in this type of formula.

I want to know is there any work aroud for this Issue.

Any help is gr8ly appreciated.

Hi,

I am trying to setup an email alert through workflows when ever owner changes for the account.I am trying to to it using ISCHANGED(OwnerId) in rule criteria (formula evaluats to true)but it throws an syntax error saying Function ISCHANGED may not be used in this type of formula.

Hi,

I am trying to implement a trigger on custom object called Enrollment__c .When an enrollment is created by anAccount .It  assigns an Owner to that account Automatically .Here is my Class used in the trigger 

Class Used In trigger  

public  static  void AutoAssignMethod(string IDs)
   {
          //string IDs = '0017000000WKgAc';
          Account act = [select Id,Name,OwnerId,Type,Primary_Account_Holder__c,Spouse_Account__c from Account where Id =:IDs];
        Account upAct = new Account(Id = act.Id);
        if(act.Primary_Account_Holder__c != null)
        {
            string pIDs = act.Primary_Account_Holder__c;
            Account pAct = [select Id,Name,OwnerId,Type,Primary_Account_Holder__c,Spouse_Account__c from Account where Id =:pIDs];
            upAct.OwnerId = pAct.OwnerId;
        }
        else if(act.Spouse_Account__c != null)
        {
            string sIDs = act.Spouse_Account__c;
            Account sAct = [select Id,Name,OwnerId,Type,Primary_Account_Holder__c,Spouse_Account__c from Account where Id =:sIDs];
            upAct.OwnerId = sAct.OwnerId;
        }
        else
        {
             Relationship__c[] rel  = [Select r.OwnerId, r.Lead__c, r.Id, r.Account__c, r.Account_Related_To__c From Relationship__c r where Account_Related_To__c =:IDs];
             if(rel.size() > 0)
             {
                 if(rel[0] != null)
                 {
                     string rIDs = rel[0].Account__c;
                     Account rAct = [select Id,Name,OwnerId from Account where Id =:rIDs];
                     upAct.OwnerId = rAct.OwnerId;
                 }

}
             else
             {
                 User[] usr = null;
                 User[] addUsers1 = null;
                 User[] addUsers2 = null;
                usr = [Select u.TotalAssigned__c, u.ProfileId, u.Name, u.IsCoach__c, u.IsActive, u.Id, u.Email, u.DateLastAssigned__c, u.Count__c, u.AssignFrequency__c From User u where IsCoach__c = true];
                  for(User u : usr)
                {
                    if(u.Count__c < Double.valueOf(u.AssignFrequency__c))
                    {
                        addUsers1.add(u);

}
                    else
                    {
                        addUsers2.add(u);
                        User upUsr  = new User(Id=u.Id);
                        upUsr.Count__c = 0;
                        update upUsr;
                    }

}
                if(addUsers1.size() > 0)
                {
                    upAct.OwnerId = addUsers1[0].Id;
                    User upUsr  = new User(Id = addUsers1[0].Id);
                    upUsr.Count__c = addUsers1[0].Count__c+1;
                    upUsr.TotalAssigned__c = addUsers1[0].TotalAssigned__c + 1;
                    upUsr.DateLastAssigned__c = System.now();
                    update upUsr;
                }
                else
                {
                    upAct.OwnerId = addUsers2[0].Id;
                    User upUsr  = new User(Id = addUsers2[0].Id);
                    upUsr.Count__c = addUsers2[0].Count__c+1;
                    upUsr.TotalAssigned__c = addUsers2[0].TotalAssigned__c + 1;
                    upUsr.DateLastAssigned__c = System.now();
                    update upUsr;
                }
             }
        }
        update upAct;     
   }

After Insert Trigger

trigger AutoAssignTrigger on Enrollment__c (after insert)
{
     for( Enrollment__c enroll  :Trigger.new)
     {
          string  IDs = enroll.Account__c;   
          AutoAssignClass.AutoAssignMethod(IDs);  
     }
}

Test Class To test the Trigger

public class TestClass
{
    public static testMethod void createTestEnrollment()
   {
          Enrollment__c newEnroll = new Enrollment__c();
          newEnroll.Account__c = '0017000000WKgAc';
          newEnroll.Course_Event__c = 'a0F70000003T1KF';
          newEnroll.Signup_Date__c = System.now();
       newEnroll.Status__c ='Enrolled';
       newEnroll.RecordTypeId = '012700000001PxDAAU';
       insert newEnroll;
   }

}

Problem is I could able to pass all the test ,making it to testMethod but cannot pass the code coverage when I am trying to deploy to production server.

Thanks in advance

I am trying to find a way to track an html status of an email.All of my outboud email is going from workflow email alerts .Is there any way that i can keep track of emails opened by customer  and count .

Any help is appreciated..... 

Hi,

Any help is Appreciated.

Thanks...

Hi,