• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello

I've just started playing with the Geo Force application that allows you to map your accounts on a google earth within salesforce. I've managed to geo code all my accounts and can view them in google earth. In the pop up bubble that appears for each account, I'd like to add some details (phone, etc). I've created custom fields on the Geo Force custom object that contain the information, and now I'm trying to work out how to add them to the bubble. 

I finally found the component that I think controls the bubbles and added the following line into the code:

<td><p><apex:outputText value="{!gLocation.geo.Phone__c}" escape="false" /></p></td>

Which I just copied from a previous line of code that displays the About Us field in the bubble:

<p><apex:outputText value="{!gLocation.geo.About_Us__c}" escape="false" /></p>

But when I try to view the google earth, I get this error:

SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Geo_Location__c.Phone__c

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Nicole

Hello

I'm just starting to look at both visualforce and sites (steep learning curve!). I'm working with an organisation that has data on work placement in Salesforce. They want to make this data accessible to their students so they can search for suitable workplacement options.

I thought Sites would be a good option for this: create a page that the students can go to and add a few search fields - location and hours required, for instance. The results would then be displayed to the students - with contact details.

They can't edit the info, just produce results based on what's in salesforce.

Anyone done this already? Can you point me in the right direction? So far, I've managed to add a logo to the page and hide the sidebar! Yay.

Thanks

Nicole

I am a novice user to Salesforce but I have noticed that most of the programs are designed for PC's and not Mac's.  I just opened something and it said that Salesforce doesn't support Safari...  Huh?  I also am not a huge fan of the mail drop program as it's an extra step that seems to be clunky...

All of these experiences make me use Salesforce less than I should, but it's too frustrating to keep having to adapt to something that should already be there...

Am I just venting or are there answers to this?

Patrick 

Hello

I've just started playing with the Geo Force application that allows you to map your accounts on a google earth within salesforce. I've managed to geo code all my accounts and can view them in google earth. In the pop up bubble that appears for each account, I'd like to add some details (phone, etc). I've created custom fields on the Geo Force custom object that contain the information, and now I'm trying to work out how to add them to the bubble. 

I finally found the component that I think controls the bubbles and added the following line into the code:

<td><p><apex:outputText value="{!gLocation.geo.Phone__c}" escape="false" /></p></td>

Which I just copied from a previous line of code that displays the About Us field in the bubble:

<p><apex:outputText value="{!gLocation.geo.About_Us__c}" escape="false" /></p>

But when I try to view the google earth, I get this error:

SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Geo_Location__c.Phone__c

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Nicole