• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
how are you guys working around this limitation???

I have 2 customized objects, which need a many-to-many relationship, so I created a 3rd object as a junction.

But, in order to utilize the info in the source objects, I need to create formulas within the 3rd object, to retrieve the pertinent info.

And, the limitation of 5 references has me up against the wall!!!

What is the work-around?
Thanks
Marion
Hi -
I'm new to SF and Force, and not a developer, and not great with Databases...... and i sure do miss that I can't see a visualization of the relationships I'm making with my objects!

Is it just because I'm an amateur or do you folks wish we could see a diagram of what we're working on too?

Hi - I'm not quite sure what is involved, so I don't know where to put this. I know it's possible, but I don't know what I need to learn about to achieve it, or if I need to find someone to do it for me.

I have four customized objects:

object1 = Company

Object2 = people (children of the Company table via lookup)

Object3 = distributions (children of the Company table via lookup)

Object4 = junction of Object3 + Object4

Let's say we have 2 company records: CompanyMen and CompanyWomen

Let's say Tom, **bleep** and Harry are in CompanyMen

Let's say Susan, Jane, Margaret and Barbara are in CompanyWomen

Object3 looks like:

Distribution#1,CompanyMen

Distribution#2,CompanyMen

Distribution#3,CompanyWomen

Distribution#4,CompanyMen

Each time I add a record to Object3, I want the appropriate number of new records to automatically appear in Object 4.  For example, based on the records shown for Object 4, I should have the following in Object4:

Dist1,Tom

Dist1,**bleep**

Dist1,Harry

Dist2,Tom

Dist2,**bleep**

Dist2,Harry

Dist3,Susan

Dist3,Jane

Dist3,Margaret

Dist3,Barbara

Dist4,Tom

Dist4,**bleep**
Dist4,Harry

What do I need to learn to achieve this? 

Or what is it that I'm asking to have done and how long should I expect it to take?

Thank you!

Marion

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this question.... I'm new and learning SalesForce, but suspect I should be using Force since I am mostly creating my own objects.

At any rate, from wandering around to learn about the SF applications, I notice that the layout of the IDEAS app is very different from the others. Instead of each related record being in a stacked section, I see that each related object is available via menu tab.

How do I create that in my own objects?

tia

Hello - I am adapting sf for a customized application, but looking to use any existing part of sf if possible.

I need to use CONTACTS, but the nature of my business is such that I do not want to associate a contact with one specific ACCOUNT. However, as I understand it, if I do not associate a CONTACT with an ACCOUNT, then my contacts will be considered 'private'.....

Can I set a default Account value to all new contacts?

Thank you

I am not a developer, but I am in the process of creating customized objects for a specific niche type of business. Now that I've learned a bit more, i wonder if there is an existing app (either native or thru app exchange) that I can adapt for my purposes.

I am tracking investments (or contributions or donations) into companies, which then issue period returns to the individual investors (contributors, donators). The returns are made pro rata based on total capitalization (ie, a specific field in the company object, also equal to the sum of the investments).

Since I figure some of you may be familiar with the existing apps, perhaps you can suggest one that can be adapted easily.

Thank you-
Marion
how are you guys working around this limitation???

I have 2 customized objects, which need a many-to-many relationship, so I created a 3rd object as a junction.

But, in order to utilize the info in the source objects, I need to create formulas within the 3rd object, to retrieve the pertinent info.

And, the limitation of 5 references has me up against the wall!!!

What is the work-around?
Thanks
Marion

Hi - I'm not quite sure what is involved, so I don't know where to put this. I know it's possible, but I don't know what I need to learn about to achieve it, or if I need to find someone to do it for me.

I have four customized objects:

object1 = Company

Object2 = people (children of the Company table via lookup)

Object3 = distributions (children of the Company table via lookup)

Object4 = junction of Object3 + Object4

Let's say we have 2 company records: CompanyMen and CompanyWomen

Let's say Tom, **bleep** and Harry are in CompanyMen

Let's say Susan, Jane, Margaret and Barbara are in CompanyWomen

Object3 looks like:

Distribution#1,CompanyMen

Distribution#2,CompanyMen

Distribution#3,CompanyWomen

Distribution#4,CompanyMen

Each time I add a record to Object3, I want the appropriate number of new records to automatically appear in Object 4.  For example, based on the records shown for Object 4, I should have the following in Object4:

Dist1,Tom

Dist1,**bleep**

Dist1,Harry

Dist2,Tom

Dist2,**bleep**

Dist2,Harry

Dist3,Susan

Dist3,Jane

Dist3,Margaret

Dist3,Barbara

Dist4,Tom

Dist4,**bleep**
Dist4,Harry

What do I need to learn to achieve this? 

Or what is it that I'm asking to have done and how long should I expect it to take?

Thank you!

Marion

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this question.... I'm new and learning SalesForce, but suspect I should be using Force since I am mostly creating my own objects.

At any rate, from wandering around to learn about the SF applications, I notice that the layout of the IDEAS app is very different from the others. Instead of each related record being in a stacked section, I see that each related object is available via menu tab.

How do I create that in my own objects?

tia