• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I was writing some test code to confirm that records brought back from a sorted SOQL query were in the correct order when I found this odd problem.

string a = 'A';
string b = ' ';  // That's a space character

if (b < a)
    system.debug('B first');
else
    system.debug('A first');

This prints out B first as I would expect it to

string c = 'ACN';
string d = 'A N'; //That's A,Space,N

if (c < d)
    system.debug('C first');
else
    system.debug('D first');

This prints out C first even though I would expect it to say that 'A N' comes before 'ACN'.

I'm not using an odd locale and I can't find any documentation to say what is the expected behaviour.  Am I mad or missing something really obvious.

Thanks for your help,

Liam

• December 06, 2010

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding the Apex Data Loader which you might be able to help me with. I've searched through the help and forums but have not found an answer.

I've created a custom object that has a Master-Detail relationship with the Account object and I want to be able to import these objects from a .csv file. The file contains the account data in the same line as the custom object data and what I want to do is to create mapping files within the Data Loader to load first the account data and then the custom object data which will be linked to the correct account.

When I use the Import Custom Object wizard, I am able to specify the column in the csv file to match to the account name and it imports the custom object and links it to the matching account with no problems. However when I try and use the Data Loader and map the same column to the master-detail relationship field, it fails with a message "Account: id value of incorrect type".

Is it possible to use the Data Loader to load objects with a relationship like this ?

Many thanks for your help,

Liam

• September 24, 2009

Hi there,

we are a small charity which has been given the NonProfit Starter pack (Thanks Salesforce) which is the equivalent of the Enterprise Edition. We are very interested in making use of the Sites functionality but it is not accessable in our installation. 

My question is, how and when will we be able to make use of Sites. I'm very new to Salesforce so I may well be missing something very obvious.

Many thanks,

Liam

• June 30, 2009

Hi all,

I was writing some test code to confirm that records brought back from a sorted SOQL query were in the correct order when I found this odd problem.

string a = 'A';
string b = ' ';  // That's a space character

if (b < a)
    system.debug('B first');
else
    system.debug('A first');

This prints out B first as I would expect it to

string c = 'ACN';
string d = 'A N'; //That's A,Space,N

if (c < d)
    system.debug('C first');
else
    system.debug('D first');

This prints out C first even though I would expect it to say that 'A N' comes before 'ACN'.

I'm not using an odd locale and I can't find any documentation to say what is the expected behaviour.  Am I mad or missing something really obvious.

Thanks for your help,

Liam

• December 06, 2010

Hi there,

we are a small charity which has been given the NonProfit Starter pack (Thanks Salesforce) which is the equivalent of the Enterprise Edition. We are very interested in making use of the Sites functionality but it is not accessable in our installation. 

My question is, how and when will we be able to make use of Sites. I'm very new to Salesforce so I may well be missing something very obvious.

Many thanks,

Liam

• June 30, 2009