I need to create Partner-Object entries within an APEX class.
Therefore the User needs 'view all data' permissions.
Granting these permissions permanently is not an option.
Thats why I'm searching for a way to:
a) switch the user in an APEX class -> runAs() seems to work in TestClasses only,
b) granting permissions within the class
c) skip any permission checks for the class / certain calls in the class
Any Idea is welcome.
We are planning to use base and extension packages in our AppExchange product and would like to know how base and extension packages behave during update and upgrades. More specifically:
1. What is the behaviour of updates to a base package? If there is an extension package installed, will any components (e.g. page layout, field label) in the extension package be overwritten with those in the base when the base is updated or upgraded?
2. Do extension packages follow the same guidelines as for base managed packages (as outlined in Appendix B of Developing Packages for Distribution)? Are the same items updatable/upgradable?
3. Can we package updates to extension and base packages together?
Thanks so much!
The fact that a given managed package can be owned and developed in one and only one DE has many side effects that make it different from typical custom software development. Can you help me with this one?
(1) A managed package is developed and released from a DE instance with a namespace. There are many classes and custom objects, so the namespace is highly embedded in code and meta-data.
(2) After release 1.0 of the managed package is uploaded to the AppExchange, work begins on release 2.0 in the same DE instance. Assume that Eclipse IDE and SVN are used to archive and source manage all code versions.
(3) Many changes are made while 2.0 development is in progress. New fields are added to custom objects, for example. It is not complete, however, when...
(4) Suddenly, an emergency patch release (1.1) is needed, for the 1.0 release has a major bug that is just discovered that affects several Apex classes and custom objects.
(5) Here's the question: The DE instance is loaded with in-progress release 2.0 work. The SVN repository has a snapshot of the code as of release 1.0, but it cannot overwrite the ongoing 2.0 work in progress in the DE instance, right? How can you produce a 1.1 patch without seriously screwing up your DE instance that contains release 2.0 work in progress?!
In the Profile page there is a "Standard Object Permissions" section. This section enables the option of having "View All" or "Modify All" permission to a class of objects (eg: Accounts, or Opportunities). How can I programmatically read whether these values are set? In which database tables are these configuration options stored?