• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Greetings all!

I'm pleased to announce the recent release of 'Salesforce Launcher' on the app store. It is a universal app for iPhone and iPad which allows you to securely store your login credentials for any number of servers and get one-tap access to open that instance in Safari.

Link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/salesforce-launcher/id472338302?mt=8

Andy

Hi all,

I have a custom object (Contract_Line__c) that has a Master-Detail field (back to Contract). I'm making some changes to my code and no longer want that relationship there - in fact, I want a lookup relationship in its place.

I have it working in the sandbox - I was able to change my code (and unit tests that use that field), then remove the master-detail field from my custom object.

However - I am not able to deploy the solution because the unit tests no longer populate the Contract__c field which is a master-detail field and therefore mandatory.

I also cannot delete the field in production because 27 apex classes reference it.

I can't change the apex classes because I am unable to deploy the classes (see above).

I'm out of options - all I want to do is delete one field from a custom object!!!

Please help - I'm tearing my hair out!

Andy

Hi all,

I was under the impression that the total request time for one callout limit had been removed in Winter '11. However, I am still getting a 'Time limit exceeded' error on one of my pages after the upgrade to Winter '11.

The page actually displays fine as html but I am getting the error when I render the page as pdf (which is what it needs to do). Are pdf renders not included in this particular limit?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi all,

I have the following bit of code:

integer queryRowLimit = Limits.getLimitQueryRows(); if (queryRowLimit==500) { // if row limit is 500, it means we are in a test method. queryRowLimit=100; } for (List<Contract_Line_v2__c> cl2List : [select id from Contract_Line_v2__c limit :queryRowLimit]) { // do some stuff here }

When it runs I am getting a 'Too Many Query Rows: 10001' error. However, Apex Explorer tells me that there are only 7452 rows in that object.

Am I using the correct format for the SOQL for loop? I can't work out why it is returning 10000+ results.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi all,

We are starting to roll out sfdc cases but I need to include some dynamic information on the case entry screen so I am having to write a new visualforce page and apex class.

Basically, I need the customer service guys to find a customer (using a lookup), and then I need to populate a drop-down list with the contracts associated with that customer. Likewise, once a contract is selected I need to populate another drop-down list with the products associated with that contract (held in a custom object - Contract_Line__c).

I'm struggling to get this working and the clock is ticking! Any suggestion would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi all,

I have a custom object (Contract_Line__c) that has a Master-Detail field (back to Contract). I'm making some changes to my code and no longer want that relationship there - in fact, I want a lookup relationship in its place.

I have it working in the sandbox - I was able to change my code (and unit tests that use that field), then remove the master-detail field from my custom object.

However - I am not able to deploy the solution because the unit tests no longer populate the Contract__c field which is a master-detail field and therefore mandatory.

I also cannot delete the field in production because 27 apex classes reference it.

I can't change the apex classes because I am unable to deploy the classes (see above).

I'm out of options - all I want to do is delete one field from a custom object!!!

Please help - I'm tearing my hair out!

Andy

Hi all,

I have the following bit of code:

integer queryRowLimit = Limits.getLimitQueryRows(); if (queryRowLimit==500) { // if row limit is 500, it means we are in a test method. queryRowLimit=100; } for (List<Contract_Line_v2__c> cl2List : [select id from Contract_Line_v2__c limit :queryRowLimit]) { // do some stuff here }

When it runs I am getting a 'Too Many Query Rows: 10001' error. However, Apex Explorer tells me that there are only 7452 rows in that object.

Am I using the correct format for the SOQL for loop? I can't work out why it is returning 10000+ results.

Thanks,

Andy