• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the feature 'Web to Case'. I've a form published in my web site and when the user submits the form its creating a case in my Sanbox. But since the user is not a contact in Salesforce, contact email and contact phone fields are not getting populated. I want to have the email field populated so that when I update the case it will trigger an email to the end user who logged the case online.

How can I pass the email and phone number from the form (from web site) to an Apex trigger to create the contact before creating a Case. I'm not sure whether this is possible. If that is possible, please guide me to accomplish it. Also let me know if there is any other way to create a Contact on the fly before creating a Case [through Web to Case].

Thanks

After installing the Force.com IDE, I'm unable to connect to my Sandbox instance from Eclipse to create triggers. Also can someone help to point the source for creating triggers. Am trying to create a trigger when I submit a Web to Case Online.

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the feature 'Web to Case'. I've a form published in my web site and when the user submits the form its creating a case in my Sanbox. But since the user is not a contact in Salesforce, contact email and contact phone fields are not getting populated. I want to have the email field populated so that when I update the case it will trigger an email to the end user who logged the case online.

How can I pass the email and phone number from the form (from web site) to an Apex trigger to create the contact before creating a Case. I'm not sure whether this is possible. If that is possible, please guide me to accomplish it. Also let me know if there is any other way to create a Contact on the fly before creating a Case [through Web to Case].

Thanks