• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've started working with Adobe flex and have copied the code from "Creating a Flex Mashup on Force.com" (found on this page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Creating_a_Flex_Mashup_on_Force.com) in its entirety.

I've also tried the two other example provided by Salesforce on this page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_Adobe_AIR_and_Flex.

When I run the second sample i get these messages in the console: 

[SWF] demo.swf - 1,551,229 bytes after decompression

offline but we will succeed at logging in anyways

query - offline

SQLError: 'Error #3115: SQL Error.', details:'no such table: 'Contact'', operation:'execute', detailID:'2013'

Select Id, FirstName, LastName FROM `Contact`;

SQLError: 'Error #3115: SQL Error.', details:'no such table: 'Contact'', operation:'execute', detailID:'2013'

It seems to imply that I'm off line, but I'm not.

In any event, it appears that I am unable to login in either case.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going wrong?

Thanks for your help.

So I have created my first site.  I have configured login and customer portal access.  everything is working great.

EXCEPT...

in my controller I am creating a list of reservations

List<reservation__c> reservations = [SELECT id, name, Departure_Time__c, Return_Time__c, allDay__c, Required_Services__c, Notes__c FROM Reservation__c WHERE Account__c =: getAccountID() ORDER BY Name];

I am displaying that list in my visual force page

<apex:repeat value="{!reservations}" var="i" id="reservationList"> {!i.allday__c} </apex:repeat>

allDay__c is a Checkbox (boolean)

When I login as a regular salesforce user (not through customer portal) and run the page all my reservations return TRUE for allDay__c (which is correct according to their value in the database)

When I login as a customer portal user (through the customer portal i setup through sites) and run the page, all my reservations return FALSE for allDay__c (which is NOT correct according to their value in the database)

So as I was playing around I tried manually setting the value of the field after I retrieved it from the DB.  Still same thing. All values display false.

MY WORK AROUND: I ended up creating a Wrapper class and assigning the value of allDay__c to a Boolean inside the Wrapper.  I then read the value from the wrapper in Visualforce.  This Worked.

Kind of weird huh?  Any light on this subject would be awesome.

Thank You

• February 20, 2010

I have created a custom object called Service_Orders__c

The object contains data that I would like to automatically post to my google calendar.

When we create the record I would like it to update the google calendar.

I have been searching for hours to see if this has been addressed somewhere but I can't seem to find a discussion on it.

I figure that the following process would work.

1) Create an apex class that would retrieves an Authentication Token from Google. (I have seen the example of how to do this in a visualsource page but haven't done it in a apex class)

2) Use and apex trigger to get the token and use it to create a calendar even "after insert"

I am still really new to programming and the force.com platform so any ideas or direction would help.

Thanks

Brett

• September 25, 2009

I've started working with Adobe flex and have copied the code from "Creating a Flex Mashup on Force.com" (found on this page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Creating_a_Flex_Mashup_on_Force.com) in its entirety.

I've also tried the two other example provided by Salesforce on this page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_Adobe_AIR_and_Flex.

When I run the second sample i get these messages in the console: 

[SWF] demo.swf - 1,551,229 bytes after decompression

offline but we will succeed at logging in anyways

query - offline

It seems to imply that I'm off line, but I'm not.

In any event, it appears that I am unable to login in either case.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going wrong?

Thanks for your help.

I have created a custom object called Service_Orders__c

The object contains data that I would like to automatically post to my google calendar.

When we create the record I would like it to update the google calendar.

I have been searching for hours to see if this has been addressed somewhere but I can't seem to find a discussion on it.

I figure that the following process would work.

1) Create an apex class that would retrieves an Authentication Token from Google. (I have seen the example of how to do this in a visualsource page but haven't done it in a apex class)

2) Use and apex trigger to get the token and use it to create a calendar even "after insert"

I am still really new to programming and the force.com platform so any ideas or direction would help.

Thanks

Brett

• September 25, 2009
In porting to a managed package, we blocked and tackled a number of issues with prefixes, but there's one hurdle that we can't seem to get over. More specifically,

1. We added a namespace to our dev org (zqu)
2. We packaged up a managed beta and installed in a test org.
3. When we hit the page in our UI (ZuoraQuoteSubmit) in our test org, we got the error

"Unknown property 'zqu__Quote__cStandardController.Quote__c'

4. This page works in our unmanaged installs, and continues to work in our development org.

In looking a little closer, we noticed that the installation attempted to prepend our package prefix throughout our Apex Page. However, it seems to have done this selectively. For example, our dev code looks something like:

<apex:page standardController="Quote__c" title="Quote" sidebar="false" >

var _billtocontactID = "{!Quote__c.BillToContact__r.Id}"; 
var _soldtocontactID = "{!Quote__c.SoldToContact__r.Id}"; 
var _zuoraPaymentMethodID = null; 
var _zuoraPaymentMethod = "{!Quote__c.PaymentMethod__c}";

After installation, the page looks like this in the installed org:
<apex:page standardController="zqu__Quote__c" title="Quote" sidebar="false"> 
	var _billtocontactID = "{!Quote__c.BillToContact__r.Id}";
	var _soldtocontactID = "{!Quote__c.SoldToContact__r.Id}";	var _zuoraPaymentMethodID = null;	var _zuoraPaymentMethod = "{!zqu__Quote__c.zqu__PaymentMethod__c}";
It looks like the installation figured out how to add it to the standard controller (zqu_Quote__c) and one of our merge field references ({!zqu__Quote__c.zqu__PaymentMethod__c}). However, there are two references right in the middle that were not at all affected.

We tried to corrolate this to the types of fields in our Apex page, but it wasn't conclusive; some custom objects had the prefix, some did not. some custom fields had the prefix, some did not. (I've attached the before and after files, cut-and-paste from the SFDC web UI.)

I think we might be missing something, because we don't really understand how the zuora prefix is added. Maybe it's something simple we're missing.

Hello,

I have a simple VF page that passes the Lead phone number to our VoIP server but I need to strip the numbers of special characters that are sometimes present.

for instance;
user entered (508) 457-5100
I need to change it to 5084575100
or they could of done it any number of ways. Like 508-457-5100 or 508 457 5100 or 1800+656+6555 etc. 

I know that that I have to create a loop that goes character by character to check to see if each character is a an integer or not  . .  . something like . . . onblur="this.value=this.value.replace(/[^\d]/g,'');" />

Would it be better to use the Apex code in the Controller for the VF page and then call on it or can I place it directly in the <script> that passes the phone number, ext, username?

Thanks for your help.

crmzepher