• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Creating a junction object using master-detail fields:   One table, PRODUCTS, is not showing up.  Why is that?

Also, can you create a junction object using Lookup fields, instead of master-detail fields?

Thanks

Message Edited by SpongeBob_2009 on 03-17-2010 08:05 AM

Does anyone know of a way to calculate the time between DateTime 1 and DateTime 2, based on operating hours/calendar. 

For example, my client wants to know how long each stage of an opportunity took.  However, the duration is subject to operating hours, weekends, etc.  Each full day would be equal to 8-hours.

Can you load a calendar into salesforce, w/hours....or do I need to create a custom object.  Is this request even doable?

Thanks!

SF being the root system, is there anyway to have single-signon to other cloud-based websites, like amazon (for example).

thx

Trying to develop something that will list the field names, types, sizes for any given SObject.

I am using Schema.DescribeSObjectResult but I can't get anymore than the field names.

Is there any way to accomplish this?

I get this exception, intermittently, when performing an async ws callout.  Some days everything is fine.  The endpoint is behind a ton of network security appliances (local dmz).

Does this exception denote a problem with the SF or local environment?  I am thinking local since there is so much hardware to traverse before hitting the true endpoint...but, how can I be sure?  Of course, the local guys are pointing fingers to SF infrastructure;)

Thanks!

I want to get as much time precision from the system as possible...then covert to sting.

Any ideas?

Trying to figure out a way to insert audit detail at the same time the audit header information is created.  Is this even possible?

For example:

My web service call contains many transactions(sObj rows) in the payload.  The master will contain ws header  info, and the detail will contain the payload detail.

Need a unique identifier(trx id) for a web service call out.  Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of involves using a custom object:

sql equiv example:  update table set lastid = lastid + 1  (creates a lock - and then select)

essentially:

obj seq = [Select nextId from obj];

seq.nextId = seq.nextId + 1;

update seq;

Integer trxId = seq.nextId;

Will this logic even work?  The counter code will reside within the 'callout' class.

Does anyone know if these are GA?

Is it possible to use visualforce with the Events object? 

I have this wacky requirement:  The users want the 'Subject' field to act as a drop-down list box, with no edit capability.  Initially, I created a custom subject field to replace the original...and using a trigger to synch the delivered 'Subject' field.  ...works great, but now I can't delete the original field - always something with SF ;(

Anyway, I was thinking I could use VisualForce to get around all the restrictions.  But, I do not see a place to put the VF hooks.

This requirement may need to be tank'd.

Is it possible to use visualforce with the Events object? 

I have this wacky requirement:  The users want the 'Subject' field to act as a drop-down list box, with no edit capability.  Initially, I created a custom subject field to replace the original...and using a trigger to synch the delivered 'Subject' field.  ...works great, but now I can't delete the original field - always something with SF ;(

Anyway, I was thinking I could use VisualForce to get around all the restrictions.  But, I do not see a place to put the VF hooks.

This requirement may need to be tank'd.

I'm quite new to Apex Triggers and I'm trying to get a solution for the below problem:

I have a parent object A and a child object B. There is a 1:many relationship between A and B. ie, A could have any number of Bs. I have a trigger to perform certain calculations whenever a new B is inserted or updated. What I'm trying to get is a SOQL within the trigger that will get me all B records that belong to parent A

SELECT age, Id, date_of_birth FROM B WHERE app_id = <id of parent object A. This exists as a master look up on object B in a field called app_id>

My question is how do we reference the id of A in the trigger to get all associated child records.

Any help is appreciated