• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys,

I've been digging around trying to work out how to find out how to calculate the "Tax" field without having to calculate it by hand? Specifically on the opportunity and the quotes section...

I'm thinking that creating a custom field might be the best way, but is a bit annoying in case we want to "0" out the tax field for an international transaction/quotation.

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

Hi,

The default font seems to be Times New Roman for PDF generated documents via email templates. I've changed the stylesheets to include the necessary font-families, but that's made no difference. Is there something really obviously/stupid I'm missing?

Thanks,

Alex.

• November 05, 2009

Hi,

I've been struggling this evening with apex:repeat and also trying to get extra text into this:

<apex:outputField style="font-weight:bold;right" title="Total: " value="{!Quote__c.Quote_Amount__c}"/>

If I made that an outputText then I lose the currency which is a pain... And, as apex:repeat adds:

<apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%">
<tr><td>Header 1</td><td>Header2</td></tr>
<apex:repeat><td> (this is the auto created one)
<tr><td><apex:outputField value="bla"/></td><td>Something else here</td></tr>
</td>(and it closes here)</apex:repeat>
</apex:panelGrid>

all on it's own, it completely  screws up any tables if you're trying to use <tr>. i.e. tables with a repeat would come out like above.

Is there something I'm doing wrong..? :)

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions, it's been bugging me for hours!

~acf

Message Edited by alexcf on 11-01-2009 04:14 PM
  • November 02, 2009

Hi,

I've been struggling this evening with apex:repeat and also trying to get extra text into this:

<apex:outputField style="font-weight:bold;right" title="Total: " value="{!Quote__c.Quote_Amount__c}"/>

If I made that an outputText then I lose the currency which is a pain... And, as apex:repeat adds:

<apex:panelGrid columns="2" width="100%">
<tr><td>Header 1</td><td>Header2</td></tr>
<apex:repeat><td> (this is the auto created one)
<tr><td><apex:outputField value="bla"/></td><td>Something else here</td></tr>
</td>(and it closes here)</apex:repeat>
</apex:panelGrid>

all on it's own, it completely  screws up any tables if you're trying to use <tr>. i.e. tables with a repeat would come out like above.

Is there something I'm doing wrong..? :)

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions, it's been bugging me for hours!

~acf

Message Edited by alexcf on 11-01-2009 04:14 PM
  • November 02, 2009

Could use a little help here from the masters on this board . . . we have a discount approval process that uses an Object related to Opportunities.  Our order management folks really want the Opportunity Owner's name to be reflected on the Object itself (Approval Request Form).  Looking at the Opportunity itself is apparently too hard or requires extra steps.  Whatever!

Anyway . . . seems like it should be an easy thing to do but all I have been able to do is create a formula field that can pull in the Opportunity "Owner ID"--which means nothing to the people who need to see it.  I really need a field that can automatically show the actual Opportunity Owner Name in text on the Approval Form so order management can see "Bob Smith" instead of "00530000000diZm".

I'm sure there is probably something simple I am missing.  But how in the world do I get the name to show up in a field on that Approval Form?  Is there a formula function that "translates" the ID and can do that?  I'm pretty stumped.

• September 15, 2009