• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

We have a Java Script running on Home page load when user logs in to do some functions like which we have done through placing custom link in the homepage component

1. hide the  Salesforce Discover button on home page.
2. to hide the chatter section on home page
3. to set some variables to hide some section on Account standard page layout based on the user profile.
4. to customize some links.

With Winter 16 release in place, all these functionalities are disturbed which works only on click of the custom link on home page.
Appreciate any help in getting rid of this  instead to run some scripts on page load without any button clicks.
Hi All,

We have the Salesforce for Outlook Connector setup to sync the events.
The sync works fine when I send a meeting invite to users and they can sync too.

But when I FORWARD the same meeting invite to other users, those users will get the "Salesforce Update Error - Insufficient privileges on object id". As we have set the  OWD settings for Events as Private, it will not let the users to update the other Event records.

I am facing the issue to sync the  FORWARDED meetings from outlook.
Please let me know if any one had the same issue.

Thanks,
Pavan N Kumar
Hi All,

We are using Salesforce for Outlook version 2.5.1.2012 the latest version.  During the Event sync operation, the users are getting the sync error type as "Salesforce Update Error" with the message as "Insuffucient access rights on object id" in the Sync Error window. Not sure why users while syncing their Event record in Salesforce are getting this error when it is suppose  to create their own record.

I also understand that when Event sync happens from the user outlook meeting to Salesforce Event record, I hope the connector establishes the mapping connection between these 2 Outlook and Salesforce records by updating the field internally "SfdcRecordId". But in this error case, one User's outlook event would have mapped to another /organizers SFDC Event record it which is not supposed to happen. Hence it is throwing this update error as Event are Private in access. Not sure why this behavior.

Please let me know if any had this sync issue before.
Thanks for Cooperation in advance.

Thanks,
Pavan

We are working in a project with multiple sandboxes. Some of the deleted records donot appear in the recycle bin in one sandbox instance whereas the same object record deleted in another build instance appear in the recycle bin.

Please let us know why the deleted records behavior is different based on the sandbox instances.

Thanks,

Pavan

Hi,

On the Home page, to the top right corner there is a button link "Discover Spring 12" found. One of my client's requirement is to remove that button on the home page. We tried to remove that button but no solution could be found. Can we remove it? Please let us know the solution if any .

Thanks,

Pavan

Hi,

There is a need to creata link to create a new case from the Visual force page.

The following code does it for account. 

<apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR($Action.Account.New)}">
    Create New Account
</apex:outputLink>

But it does not work for the "Case" if we replace with "$Action.Case.New". It throws an error "Error: Field $Action.Case.New does not exist. Check spelling."

Please let us know why it doesnot  work for Case but for Account or Opportunities.

Thanks in advance!!

Pavan

Hi,

Here is a requirement to remove the button "Submit for Approval" from the Approval History related history list from a case page layout once the case is approved.

I didnt find any settings to remove  the button in the page layout properties.

Please share your ideas if  you had come across this requirement with any workarounds.

Thanks in advance,

Pavan

How to access the SFDC translations in my Java program like picklist values, field values and other translations? Please let us know if any workaround is there.

hi,

I want to know the real time uses of analytic snapshot.

I have created an analytic snapshot and it  runs according to the schedule. Basically it adds the records from the source report into target object. What is the use of it?

Can any one give some application of analytic snapshot?

Hi,

We have a Java Script running on Home page load when user logs in to do some functions like which we have done through placing custom link in the homepage component

1. hide the  Salesforce Discover button on home page.
2. to hide the chatter section on home page
3. to set some variables to hide some section on Account standard page layout based on the user profile.
4. to customize some links.

With Winter 16 release in place, all these functionalities are disturbed which works only on click of the custom link on home page.
Appreciate any help in getting rid of this  instead to run some scripts on page load without any button clicks.

I have set Default value for a Picklist, but to my luck it is not working, don't know the reason for the same.

Can anyone help me with any workaround? Even Custom Picklists are not working with default values on Account. Although it is working for Contact. 

Default Value:
User-added image

New Account Page:
User-added image

Hi All,

While trying to update Territory2 data from informtica, iam getting below error from salesforce. Insert and delete operations are working fine. Update is working fine for account and other objects.

"A fault is received in an update request.  Fault code [sf:INVALID_SOAP_HEADER].  Fault subcode [sf:INVALID_SOAP_HEADER].  Reason [INVALID_SOAP_HEADER: You can't use TransferOpenActivities to change a Territory2's owner.]"

I am using API verison 37 for connectiong to salesforce. Salesforce system is of the version winter 17.

Please suggest how to resolve the error.

Thanks,
Rakesh.

We are working in a project with multiple sandboxes. Some of the deleted records donot appear in the recycle bin in one sandbox instance whereas the same object record deleted in another build instance appear in the recycle bin.

Please let us know why the deleted records behavior is different based on the sandbox instances.

Thanks,

Pavan

Hi guys,

When I used Force.com Migration tool to retrieve metadata from a developer org, I got this error : 

Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

After checking the configuration, I'm sure that : 

- The username, password & security token are correct because I can use them to checkout a Force.com project in Eclipse.

- Server url is correct (https://login.salesforce.com)

Can anybody give me an advice ?

Thanks.

• April 16, 2012

Hi,

On the Home page, to the top right corner there is a button link "Discover Spring 12" found. One of my client's requirement is to remove that button on the home page. We tried to remove that button but no solution could be found. Can we remove it? Please let us know the solution if any .

Thanks,

Pavan

Hi,

Here is a requirement to remove the button "Submit for Approval" from the Approval History related history list from a case page layout once the case is approved.

I didnt find any settings to remove  the button in the page layout properties.

Please share your ideas if  you had come across this requirement with any workarounds.

Thanks in advance,

Pavan

How to access the SFDC translations in my Java program like picklist values, field values and other translations? Please let us know if any workaround is there.