• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've set up a Send an Email button on my Account layout that will open the Send An Email screen and autopopulate the Primary Contact associated with the Account and a template based on some of the data in the Account record.

I would like to now set a date field on my Account record that marks the Email as having been sent after I click "Send" in the Send An Email screen.  Is there a way to accomplish this using Apex triggers?  I imagine if there's a way to trigger on an email being sent, it would simply be a matter of pulling the Account associated with the email and setting the appropriate Date field.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Steven

I'm trying to do a bulk upsert on a Contact object.  Here's the JobInfo XML I am trying to use:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jobInfo xmlns="http://www.force.com/2009/06/asyncapi/dataload">
  <operation>upsert</operation>
  <object>Contact</object>
  <contentType>CSV</contentType>
  <externalIdFieldName>External_ID__c</externalIdFieldName>
</jobInfo>

When I attempt to create the job I get the error: "Unable to parse Job".  This XML (without the externalIdFieldName) does work for an update operation.  What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Steve

I've set up a Send an Email button on my Account layout that will open the Send An Email screen and autopopulate the Primary Contact associated with the Account and a template based on some of the data in the Account record.

I would like to now set a date field on my Account record that marks the Email as having been sent after I click "Send" in the Send An Email screen.  Is there a way to accomplish this using Apex triggers?  I imagine if there's a way to trigger on an email being sent, it would simply be a matter of pulling the Account associated with the email and setting the appropriate Date field.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Steven