• 24 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have piece of code that I can call fine if I connect it to the button, however I would like to automate it with a trigger and I’m not sure how to call my Apex class from the trigger can anyone help?

• January 13, 2010

Hello,

I am packaging a few Web services I am building for an app that integrates with a 3rd party software that calls these Web services. My question is: If various Users install my app, how do I build the authentication in to my Web services so that a Web service call from the 3rd party system goes through without having the 3rd party system to store Salesforce.com credentials of the ORGs that install the app.

Thanks!

I have piece of code that I can call fine if I connect it to the button, however I would like to automate it with a trigger and I’m not sure how to call my Apex class from the trigger can anyone help?

• January 13, 2010

Hi,

It's not clear to me in reviewing the APEX spec whether the following is possible. I thought I'd check the feasibility here before attempting to implement. I have a lookup relationship between leads & a custom object. I was hoping to fire a workflow rule when the lead is linked to this object. However, that does not seem possible. Therefore, I'm hoping that the following can be done via a trigger.

• When a lead is linked to a custom object through this field, I would like to:
    • Retrieve the linked custom object record.
    • Retrieve a field from the custom object record.
    • Set a field in the lead record based on the field value from the custom object record. 

Can anyone confirm if this is possible - or confirming that it is not possible would be useful to know as well?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Dave

We have a need to update an external system (through web service callouts) based on actions inside Salesforce. In order to limit the number of updates, we thought we could combine some updates together and use batch Apex. Unfortunately, there appears to be a limit in the number of callouts in batch Apex of one (1). The batch apex documentation states that it "uses the standard governor limits anonymous block, Visualforce controller, or WSDL method" which would give a limit of 10 callouts. This does not appear to be the case and the limit of 1 effectively forces a (fairly useless) max batch size of 1 in order to guarantee not hitting it. Has anyone hit this limit and used a different approach?

Also, does anyone know if there is a governor limit on the total number of callouts per day? I can't seem to find one in the docs.

Thanks,

Rob 

• January 06, 2010