Wanted: Salesforce Architect - New England
NOTE: This is a full time position, not contract. Location is MA, but will consider someone remotely in the Greater New England area.
This position is for an experienced CRM Developer/Architect. Reporting directly to the Director of Applications Development, the candidate will be responsible for managing and delivering CRM development projects. The candidate will be responsible for the application development and support of all aspects of the CRM portfolio including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success/Services. The candidate will be responsible for business requirements, and will work closely with the Business Engagement Analyst and application teams for project delivery.
Primary responsibilities include:
Project Management: plan and manage CRM Portfolio development projects and provide continuous updates to customers on project status and milestones.
Development Cycle: You will be responsible for any or all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle - from conceptual phase through to implementation. You will be part of a team that supports post-implementation and ensures global SLAs are achieved.
Support: The candidate will be responsible for supporting and improving existing systems that are used in production. Your role will be to help a motivated, dynamic and skilled team deliver best of class CRM Portfolio applications and tools that meet the needs of our user community.
This candidate will require a thorough understanding of CRM applications including SalesForce.com out-of-the box functionality and configuration. In addition to configuration, there will be a significant amount of development using the CRM SDK. The customizations will include new entities, customized screens, reporting and integration.
• Experience in designing and developing software components and having a very strong Service Oriented Architecture and integration background.
• Experience in Salesforce (SFDC) CRM with end to end implementation experience.
• Salesforce.com integration experience, including between different business systems as well as working with integration tools.
• Strong with configuration, customization, programming with APEX APIs, APEX Triggers, and implementing new instances of Salesforce.com from scratch.
• Strong practical deployment knowledge of VisualForce, Flex, Sales Force configurations, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, AppExchange deployment, and Salesforce.com s-controls.
• Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution.
• Additional Salesforce.com experience includes Workflow Alerts and Actions, and Approval Workflow.
• Programming experience with the following languages, J2EE, HTML XML, SQL, Oracle.
• Experience in ETL processes, experience using EAI tools ie: WebMethods
Formal Education & Certification
• Four-year university degree in Computer Science
• SFDC Level II and Level III certified.
• 12-15 years work experience.
• 5-6 years of managing a development team
Knowledge & Experience
• 5 years direct experience in all aspects of developing and implementing CRM applications.
• 3-5 years of developing customizations for SFDC using the CRM SDK
• Proven experience in SFDC implementations
• Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of CRM software solutions. Specific knowledge of CRM SaaS and Salesforce.com highly valued.
• Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
• Strong knowledge of CRM software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of data management, including data capture, warehousing, segmentation, mining, storing, cleansing, and security.
• Knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM) techniques and tools.
• Working experience with SAP enterprise software systems a plus.
• Project management skills and exposure to project-based work structures.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Good communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language, and to work well in a team.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines, and provide accurate time estimates.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work issues at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to map business requirements to functionality available in appropriate technologies/platforms
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving and follow-through abilities.
• Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines/SLA agreements (On-time delivery, customer service, and quality of execution are key performance requirements)
• Highly motivated - self-starter, proactive with time management skills
• Knowledge of IT audit practices - Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance would be a plus
• Must be a hands-on and lead by example
• Proven ability to multitask and work through ambiguous requirements
• Must be flexible, adaptable, & available for support during non-standard hours.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.