• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Some background:

I am trying to build code for an Apex class controller extension, which would query for records based on a value in the currently viewed webpage. These results would then be used to display in a Visualforce page.

I have a field called Technology__c in the Conferences__c object which may contain picklist values like JAVA, AJAX, C++

Lets assume that I am viewing a conference record where Technology__c is 'JAVA' and need to write a query that will retrieve other conferences records where Technology__c is JAVA. I don't want to hard code this because if I am viewing a conference record where Technology__c is AJAX my query should retrieve other conferences records where Technology__c is AJAX.

This is the code I have right now, but it is not working. (The code does not give an error when I save the Apex class, but when the class is invoked it does not provide any results). Please help!

P.S. : For example, If I hard code the where clause Technology__c = 'JAVA' the query works fine, so I know the rest of the code in the class does not have any errors.

Thanks

JayPS_

public class ConferenceExtension {
   public final Conference__c conferenceObj;

public ConferenceExtension(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
      this.conferenceObj = (Conference__c)controller.getSubject();
    }

public Conference__c[] getSimilarConferenceRecords() {
      Conference__c[] ConferenceList =
      [SELECT Name, Conference_City__c
      FROM Conference__c
      WHERE Technology__c = '{!Conference__c.Technology__c}'];
  return ConferenceList;
 }

}

• December 28, 2010

Hi,

I have built a custom object called "conferences" which has 2 fields named "Conference name" and "Number of attendees".  I need to pass data from these fields to a Java Script Alert box using an S-control. The S-control needs to be added as a custom link to the Conferences page layout. Can someone please help me out with the Javascript code I need to use to make this happen in my S-control?

P.S. I am very new to Javascript.

Thanks

JayPS_

• December 25, 2009

Hi,

I have built a custom object called "conferences" which has 2 fields named "Conference name" and "Number of attendees".  I need to pass data from these fields to a Java Script Alert box using an S-control. The S-control needs to be added as a custom link to the Conferences page layout. Can someone please help me out with the Javascript code I need to use to make this happen in my S-control?

Thanks

JayPS_

• December 25, 2009

Hi everyone,

I am a new developer. I have free a salesforce.com developer account and have a fairly basic question. How do I share the data in records I have created within my custom objects, with other users that I grant access to, to my salesforce.com development org.

The other users (set up as another administrator to my org) can see my database instance, custom objects, custom tabs and the functionality of the relationships works well for them. What they cannot see if the data I have created. I have tried to play around with User management, security controls and read/write access on the objects but have not had any success. Can you please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

JayPS_

• December 20, 2009

Hi,

Some background:

I am trying to build code for an Apex class controller extension, which would query for records based on a value in the currently viewed webpage. These results would then be used to display in a Visualforce page.

I have a field called Technology__c in the Conferences__c object which may contain picklist values like JAVA, AJAX, C++

Lets assume that I am viewing a conference record where Technology__c is 'JAVA' and need to write a query that will retrieve other conferences records where Technology__c is JAVA. I don't want to hard code this because if I am viewing a conference record where Technology__c is AJAX my query should retrieve other conferences records where Technology__c is AJAX.

This is the code I have right now, but it is not working. (The code does not give an error when I save the Apex class, but when the class is invoked it does not provide any results). Please help!

P.S. : For example, If I hard code the where clause Technology__c = 'JAVA' the query works fine, so I know the rest of the code in the class does not have any errors.

Thanks

JayPS_

public class ConferenceExtension {
   public final Conference__c conferenceObj;

public ConferenceExtension(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
      this.conferenceObj = (Conference__c)controller.getSubject();
    }

public Conference__c[] getSimilarConferenceRecords() {
      Conference__c[] ConferenceList =
      [SELECT Name, Conference_City__c
      FROM Conference__c
      WHERE Technology__c = '{!Conference__c.Technology__c}'];
  return ConferenceList;
 }

}

• December 28, 2010

Hi,

Thanks

JayPS_

• December 25, 2009

Hi everyone,

I am a new developer. I have free a salesforce.com developer account and have a fairly basic question. How do I share the data in records I have created within my custom objects, with other users that I grant access to, to my salesforce.com development org.

The other users (set up as another administrator to my org) can see my database instance, custom objects, custom tabs and the functionality of the relationships works well for them. What they cannot see if the data I have created. I have tried to play around with User management, security controls and read/write access on the objects but have not had any success. Can you please help point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

JayPS_

• December 20, 2009