Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How to Display UTC Time to all users?

Scenario:

I have a field called Case.Alert_TimeStamp__c

I store the UTC datetime incident occurence using API call from .NET code in this field.

The field displays the timestamp to each user in their local time based on their timezone setting.

All fine so far...

My users want to see the original UTC timestamp on the UI.

The workaround I am using right now is with Apex trigger and formatgmt function to store datetime value in a text field.

This takes away the ability to do proper sorting or queries based on time range.

I am looking for a solution to store UTC datetime as datetime data type and display the exact same value to all my users. (they are in different timezones)

I am really hoping to know that there is a simple solution to this... :)

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

• February 23, 2010

How to Display UTC Time to all users?

Scenario:

I have a field called Case.Alert_TimeStamp__c

I store the UTC datetime incident occurence using API call from .NET code in this field.

The field displays the timestamp to each user in their local time based on their timezone setting.

All fine so far...

My users want to see the original UTC timestamp on the UI.

The workaround I am using right now is with Apex trigger and formatgmt function to store datetime value in a text field.

This takes away the ability to do proper sorting or queries based on time range.

I am looking for a solution to store UTC datetime as datetime data type and display the exact same value to all my users. (they are in different timezones)

I am really hoping to know that there is a simple solution to this... :)

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

• February 23, 2010