• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking for someone who is really good at building complex reports and dashboards. Please follow up here.

Thanks

Chris

(elaborating from a previous post)

I have been tasked with building an application that allows us to analyze our data. I am considering using Force.com as a platform for this application. I will export data from our internal system into the custom application I create on the force.com platform and use the built in reporting and dashboard features to analyze the data. With the 100 free users that come with the Force.com free edition, I will be able to roll out the application to all of my users.

What has taken place so far:

• Signed up for Force.com Free Edition (the one that comes with 100 free users)
  • Created a custom object and populated it with data
  • Created a custom report on this new custom object and saved the report in the "company dashboards" folder.
  • Created a new dashboard and component using new custom report and source report.
  • Created a new user profile called "Analytics User". Cloned from "Force.com-Free User" profile.
  • Created a new user - type = "Force.com-Free", Profile = "Analytics User"
  • Created a new public group = "Dashboard Users". Added new user to this public group.
  • Edited "Company Dashboards" folder properties and shared public group "dashboard users" with this folder. 
  • Logged in as new user to view dashboard. When clicking on the dashboard tab I get the splash screen and no dashboard.

So it sounds like Force.com Free User license type doesnt have access to dashboards. However, in the editions comparison chart it says that this user type does have access to dashboards.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

So I have been tasked with building an application for my company. I like the idea of using Salesforce.com's Force.com platform as a service to develop the application. I also like the idea that Salesforce.com has decided to give me 100 free users of the "Force.com Free Edition" type, to help me get started.

I need to build custom dashboards for a subset of my users.

So the question is, does the Force.com Free Edition user license type have access to dashboards?

I have been unsuccessful at setting it up and cant seem to get an straight answer from Salesforce.com.

Thanks

Chris

So I have been tasked with building an application for my company. I like the idea of using Salesforce.com's Force.com platform as a service to develop the application. I also like the idea that Salesforce.com has decided to give me 100 free users of the "Force.com Free Edition" type, to help me get started.

I need to build custom dashboards for a subset of my users.

So the question is, does the Force.com Free Edition user license type have access to dashboards?

I have been unsuccessful at setting it up and cant seem to get an straight answer from Salesforce.com.

Thanks

Chris