• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have had the audit fields (created by, created dates, last modified by, etc) opened by sfdc, and need to see if there is a way to populate these via an update rather than an insert. Through the data loader, they are only available via insert. Is this a data loader limitation or a salesforce limitation? We also have DB Amp, and do not have access on an update either. Anyway around this?

I have had the audit fields (created by, created dates, last modified by, etc) opened by sfdc, and need to see if there is a way to populate these via an update rather than an insert. Through the data loader, they are only available via insert. Is this a data loader limitation or a salesforce limitation? We also have DB Amp, and do not have access on an update either. Anyway around this?

hi all, this is my first post, made in desperation after searching to try and find this solution already discussed but no luck so far.

my problem is the restrictions on the behaviour of the inbuilt send email button in only lookingup contacts or person accounts. - I need to use the 'send email' functionality from my custom object (in order to merge the custom object field data into the email template) to send emails to leads as well as accounts, and I don't want to convert these leads at this stage just so that I can send them this email (I intend to automate this email being send to new leads on creation in the future).

I understand that I need to use a custom 'send email' button in replacement of the standard one, and the code for this button should facilitate contacts/person account and leads both being permitted in the recipient lookup.

has anyone built this already and can help me out?

thanks