• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am having real trouble with something very simple. I am trying to grab the account details of a contact from within the portal but can't seem to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated. This is my Apex Class so far.

public class communityUserObj {

public Contact contact {get; private set;}

public communityUserObj() {
        contact = [SELECT Id, Name, Email, AccountId, Account.Package__c from contact where contact.Id IN (select user.ContactId from user where user.id = :UserInfo.getUserID())];        
    }

}

• December 23, 2010

Hi,

I am having some trouble adding a comment to an Idea object. I assumed that you could simply reference the IdeaComment standard controller and do a save() to insert a comment but this does not seem to be working, here is my code:

<apex:page standardController="IdeaComment">
 <apex:form >
     <apex:pageBlock title="Add Comment" mode="edit">
      <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>
      <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2">
        <apex:inputField value="{!IdeaComment.CommentBody}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Also, here is a sample page URL that I am using too: communityIdeaAdd?IdeaId=087S00000008VAbIAM

Any help would be really greatly appreciated.

• August 10, 2010

Hi,

I am having some trouble adding a comment to an Idea object. I assumed that you could simply reference the IdeaComment standard controller and do a save() to insert a comment but this does not seem to be working, here is my code:

<apex:page standardController="IdeaComment">
 <apex:form >
     <apex:pageBlock title="Add Comment" mode="edit">
      <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>
      <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2">
        <apex:inputField value="{!IdeaComment.CommentBody}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Also, here is a sample page URL that I am using too: communityIdeaAdd?IdeaId=087S00000008VAbIAM

Any help would be really greatly appreciated.

• August 10, 2010

I am trying to grab the count for visitors looking at the knowledgebase articles we have setup. I can see that this is being tracked within the salesforce system but I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve this total count via an SOQL query.

I would be grateful for any assistance on this.

• July 12, 2010

I am trying to use the apex:enhancedlist component to display knowledgebase articles in a grid but it seems to not be supported as everytime I try it with the type of knowledgearticleversion or knowledgearticle it fails

<apex:enhancedList height="300" rowsPerPage="10"></apex:enhancedList>

My aim is to display articles in a similar way in visualforce to what the main salesforce page looks like.  Any help would be much appreciated.

• June 10, 2010

I’m using the Visualforce knowledge:articleListcall. On the output of this is there any way to display the LastModifiedDate of the article??

Ie:

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" hasMoreVar="hasMore"categories="{!categoryGroupNameVar}:{!currentCategory}">

{!article.title}| {!article.LastModifiedDate}

</knowledge:articleList>

There is no documentation reference anywhere to the output variables fromthe ArticleList.

Interesting to note the SFDC error when an improper variableis called: it shows an authentication error.

-Scott