• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with a formula

I have a field called "CC after discount" that I want to update from three possibly fields minus a discount field.

Three possible fields are

Legacy Connection charge - Custom field - Currency

Connection Charge - custom field - Roll up summary

Connection Charge FS - Roll up summary

Upgrade additional connection charge - currency field.

I want to take the value from any one of these (which ever one has a value) and minus the amount entered in the field called "Discount Amount connection charge" which is custom field - currency.  and enter the result into the "CC after discount" field.

Thanks in advance for your help

Geri

• October 18, 2010

Hi All

Wonder if anyone can help

I have several custom objects and record types.

One record type is a Field Survey.  I want to build a formula that stats if the custom object record type is field survey and that the action field is updated to "complete" that three other custom fields are required.  But I am lost, new to Salesforce so any help greatly appreciated

AND (
  OR (
     ISPICKVAL($ObjectType.Work_Order__c.Fields.RecordTypeId , "Field_Survey"),
     ISPICKVAL( Action__c , "Complete"),
     ISBLANK( Cabling_Cost__c )))

The error message "Error: Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Object"

Thanks for the help

Geri

• June 11, 2010

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me with a formula

I have a field called "CC after discount" that I want to update from three possibly fields minus a discount field.

Three possible fields are

Legacy Connection charge - Custom field - Currency

Connection Charge - custom field - Roll up summary

Connection Charge FS - Roll up summary

Upgrade additional connection charge - currency field.

I want to take the value from any one of these (which ever one has a value) and minus the amount entered in the field called "Discount Amount connection charge" which is custom field - currency.  and enter the result into the "CC after discount" field.

Thanks in advance for your help

Geri

• October 18, 2010

Hi All

Wonder if anyone can help

I have several custom objects and record types.

One record type is a Field Survey.  I want to build a formula that stats if the custom object record type is field survey and that the action field is updated to "complete" that three other custom fields are required.  But I am lost, new to Salesforce so any help greatly appreciated

AND (
  OR (
     ISPICKVAL($ObjectType.Work_Order__c.Fields.RecordTypeId , "Field_Survey"),
     ISPICKVAL( Action__c , "Complete"),
     ISBLANK( Cabling_Cost__c )))

The error message "Error: Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Object"

Thanks for the help

Geri

• June 11, 2010

Does anyone have an S-Control  or Formula that will take a start date and add a duration in months to calculate an end date?

I've tried handling this in SF itself through a workflow rule trigger by breaking out the dates into MM DD Year fields and manipulating that way.  The problem is of course Validating the end date is a true since the current work around causes a problem.  ie: Jan 31 2007 + 1 Month = Feb 31, 2007 ... not a valid date.

Since we have Admin Support SF personnel tried to write a formula for the calculation and after a few weeks gave up and told me the only way to handle this is with a Custom S-Control.

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.

Thanks

AGM

• December 17, 2007