• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have code like follows, to login/connect to Salesforce web services...

_SalsesforceService = New SforceService

_SalsesforceService.Timeout = 60000
    _LoginResult = _SalsesforceService.login(UserName, Password + SecurityToken)

This, of course, works great. 

However, if a lot of time goes by without communicating with Salesforce, the "connection" is no longer valid, and, if I try to make calls, I get errors.

So, the question is, how can I determine if the connection to the service has timed out, so that I can know if I need to reestablish the connection? Secondly, if it has timed out, do I just run _SalsesforceService.login(UserName, Password + SecurityToken) again to reestablish the connection?

Let's say that I want to grab a list of all of the acceptable picklist values that can be selected for a particular field of a particular object (e.g. Account.Type). What VB.NET code could I use to accomplish something like this? Ideally, what I'd like is a function like follows:

Public Function GetPicklistEntriesForObjectForField(ByVal sObjectName as string, ByVal sFieldName as string) as string()

End Function

How could I do this for standard objects (e.g. Account)? How about for custom objects (e.g. Owner__c)?

Let's say that I want to grab a list of all of the acceptable picklist values that can be selected for a particular field of a particular object (e.g. Account.Type). What VB.NET code could I use to accomplish something like this? Ideally, what I'd like is a function like follows:

Public Function GetPicklistEntriesForObjectForField(ByVal sObjectName as string, ByVal sFieldName as string) as string()

End Function

How could I do this for standard objects (e.g. Account)? How about for custom objects (e.g. Owner__c)?