• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a requriment of a view in which i get a list of all the visual force pages and their associated controller classes.

Currently i have to go to each and every page under Setup|Develop|Pages then view that page and then click on "Show Dependencies". An this step i have to carry out for each and every page which i want to know.

If i can have a small utility code whcih will take page name as input and give me its controller name that would be of great help to get the entire list of VisualForce Pages against its controllers.

Any Suggestions?

Hi,

How to calculate the total number of SOQL queries issued for Batch Apex and Future methods of a VF page using the Limits class or some other alternatives,

Can anyone suggest some idea?

I want to calculate number of SOSL queries executed in  Visual Force page. Any suggestions how to do this?

Hi,

I have a controller, which does some calculations when included in a VF page. But my requirement is to invoke this class automatically in each and every visualpage available without having to include it explicitly using supporting page.

How can this be possible. You can relate my controller class as a system process which needs to run in the background every time a page is browsed.

Any suggestions?

HI All,

I have a Calculate Page which calculates some data when inculded in another Page and adds it to a custom object.

I want the controller of the Calculate Page to be able to capture the page names of the Pages it is included in.

For example . Calculate Page is included using apex:include in Samrat Page then my Calculate Page controller class should be able to display 

Page Name:Samrat Page

Is there a way to do that, as using page reference i am able to get Page Name as Calculate Page everytime as the controller is used in this page. But how can i enhance it to capture The Includee page name.

Hi i have been trying to access a document attached to a record using API calls. CAn i really do that?

Please help me as a major functionality is hanging on this particular issue....

Thanks

HI,

I am working in SandBox. here is wher i am stuck.

I have a custom object with custom fields. I am retrieving valus from various fields with a component.

The component controller class has the query to retrieve fields. ANd everything is working fine.

But now when i have added a new field on the object and referenced it on the controller class and have entered values in this field, the component is not retieving data from the new field. It gives blank.

All the fields are having editable mode.

DOnt knw what can be the problem an uregent help required. Thanks

public  List<Billing_Policy__c> policyList;

public String getPolicyNos()
{
    Integer i;
    String policyNos='';
    policyList= [select Policy_No__c from Billing_Policy__c where Name='7M3333'];
    if(policyList != null)
    {
       String[] policies= policyList.Policy_No__c;
        for(i=0; i<policies.size(); i++)
        {
            policyNos = policyNos + policies[i];
            Integer k=policies.size()-1;
            if(i != k)
            {
                policyNos += ', ';
            }
        }
    }
//    policyNos='12345AC';
    return policyNos;

}

Unable to get the error when i try to save the file....the line in red is where the error is.

Basically the billing policy has a list of policy numbers i want to put it in a string array which in turn will be displayed in a text box... Kindly help

Error: BillingContoller Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: LIST<Billing_Policy__c> at line 28 column 27

I need the sales app to pick up city n state etc based on the zip code. Can this be done?

I was successful in using enterprise wsdl and create accounts cases etc from asp.net

But unable to create opportunity as the Close Date wont set and its a required field.

I used all combinations possible to set the .net date format to SFDC date format but it doenot work

Here is wat i tried on the .net side

DateTime dt = DateTime.ParseExact(DateTime.Now.ToString(), "YYYY-MM-DD", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

opp1.CloseDate = dt;

...opportunity from .net using enterprise WSDL.

But it wont create due to Close date format issues.

i useed

opp1.CloseDate=System.convert.ToDateTime("23/03/2011").ToDate;

what is the correct way...i have been banging my head on this for long now :(

Is it possible to Modify the Outlook Add Case functionality

Has any one tried this. I want to create Lead from webservice. Can you please help

I want to implement document search in Salesforce. I want my code to crawl withn salesforce and  bring the document search result.

Documents will be mostly pdf now. M looking forward for some ideas.

I need to implement search across 3 custom objects which are linked with each other using look-up fields. The search query (SOQL query) will be only on that formula field ( e.g.. Select * from <Custom object> where <formula field> like ‘% search keyword%’ ). 

The limitation of the formula field and the where clause of the select(SOQL) query is it doesn’t allow Rich Text area fields to be included i.e.. We can neither include Rich Text Area field in the formula field nor can be included in the WHERE clause. Unfortunately I have quite a lot Rich Text Area fields which is supposed to be part of the search scope. How can I achieve this in this current scenario.

I need a work around fast please help me

Hi.

I have a full deployed package provided to me.

i want to make my own sandox environment from that package so that i can test the application. But i am unable to do so.

Currently i have to open each class and pages separately to do the changes and then i dont have a sandox environment to test it before deploying.

Does anyone have any idea of how to set up my sand box environment so that I can modify and see the changes before actually deploying the application into production

This is the javascript function which prepares the search string.

function gup( name )

{

name = name.replace(/[\[]/,"\\\[").replace(/[\]]/,\\\]);

var regexS = "[\\?&]"+name+"=([^&#]*)";

var regex = new RegExp( regexS );

var results = regex.exec( window.location.href );

if( results == null ) return "";

else return results[1];

}

But once the text is searched then it is displayed with a plus sigm in between words.

For example

if i am searching for "CA Street California"

it gets replaced by "CA+Street+California"

I have the physical code of some application on my system i need to oipen it using IDE installed.

But i am not able to. How to do it any idea.

Coz i need to see the codes and other stuffs and how its working.

Hi,

I have a requriment of a view in which i get a list of all the visual force pages and their associated controller classes.

Currently i have to go to each and every page under Setup|Develop|Pages then view that page and then click on "Show Dependencies". An this step i have to carry out for each and every page which i want to know.

If i can have a small utility code whcih will take page name as input and give me its controller name that would be of great help to get the entire list of VisualForce Pages against its controllers.

Any Suggestions?

Hi,

How to calculate the total number of SOQL queries issued for Batch Apex and Future methods of a VF page using the Limits class or some other alternatives,

Can anyone suggest some idea?

Hi,

I have a controller, which does some calculations when included in a VF page. But my requirement is to invoke this class automatically in each and every visualpage available without having to include it explicitly using supporting page.

How can this be possible. You can relate my controller class as a system process which needs to run in the background every time a page is browsed.

Any suggestions?

HI All,

I have a Calculate Page which calculates some data when inculded in another Page and adds it to a custom object.

I want the controller of the Calculate Page to be able to capture the page names of the Pages it is included in.

For example . Calculate Page is included using apex:include in Samrat Page then my Calculate Page controller class should be able to display 

Page Name:Samrat Page

Is there a way to do that, as using page reference i am able to get Page Name as Calculate Page everytime as the controller is used in this page. But how can i enhance it to capture The Includee page name.

HI,

I am working in SandBox. here is wher i am stuck.

I have a custom object with custom fields. I am retrieving valus from various fields with a component.

The component controller class has the query to retrieve fields. ANd everything is working fine.

But now when i have added a new field on the object and referenced it on the controller class and have entered values in this field, the component is not retieving data from the new field. It gives blank.

All the fields are having editable mode.

DOnt knw what can be the problem an uregent help required. Thanks

public  List<Billing_Policy__c> policyList;

public String getPolicyNos()
{
    Integer i;
    String policyNos='';
    policyList= [select Policy_No__c from Billing_Policy__c where Name='7M3333'];
    if(policyList != null)
    {
       String[] policies= policyList.Policy_No__c;
        for(i=0; i<policies.size(); i++)
        {
            policyNos = policyNos + policies[i];
            Integer k=policies.size()-1;
            if(i != k)
            {
                policyNos += ', ';
            }
        }
    }
//    policyNos='12345AC';
    return policyNos;

}

Unable to get the error when i try to save the file....the line in red is where the error is.

Basically the billing policy has a list of policy numbers i want to put it in a string array which in turn will be displayed in a text box... Kindly help

Error: BillingContoller Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: LIST<Billing_Policy__c> at line 28 column 27

I have created a visualforce email template which is related to a custom object and recipient type is user.  I am  using this template in apex code to send the email but it does not send any email while the same email template shows correct merge field etc in case of preview.

i am using the following code to send the email

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = mail.setTemplateId(templates[0].Id);

//currently loggoed in user's Id, getting value from UserInfo.getUserId()

mail.setToAddresses(mail.setTargetObjectId(currentUser.Id);

mail.setWhatId(record.Id); //a custom object record id

mail.setSaveAsActivity(false);

mail.setReplyTo(senderEmail); //its valid email id

mail.setSenderDisplayName(senderDisplayName);

Messaging.sendEmail(

new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[]{mail});

When i use debug log, it show a mail in email queue still its not sending any email.

so could any one tell me that where i am commiting a mistake??

I was successful in using enterprise wsdl and create accounts cases etc from asp.net

But unable to create opportunity as the Close Date wont set and its a required field.

I used all combinations possible to set the .net date format to SFDC date format but it doenot work

Here is wat i tried on the .net side

DateTime dt = DateTime.ParseExact(DateTime.Now.ToString(), "YYYY-MM-DD", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

opp1.CloseDate = dt;

...opportunity from .net using enterprise WSDL.

But it wont create due to Close date format issues.

i useed

opp1.CloseDate=System.convert.ToDateTime("23/03/2011").ToDate;

what is the correct way...i have been banging my head on this for long now :(

I want to implement document search in Salesforce. I want my code to crawl withn salesforce and  bring the document search result.

Documents will be mostly pdf now. M looking forward for some ideas.

I need to implement search across 3 custom objects which are linked with each other using look-up fields. The search query (SOQL query) will be only on that formula field ( e.g.. Select * from <Custom object> where <formula field> like ‘% search keyword%’ ). 

The limitation of the formula field and the where clause of the select(SOQL) query is it doesn’t allow Rich Text area fields to be included i.e.. We can neither include Rich Text Area field in the formula field nor can be included in the WHERE clause. Unfortunately I have quite a lot Rich Text Area fields which is supposed to be part of the search scope. How can I achieve this in this current scenario.

I need a work around fast please help me