• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Looking for some help here as am getting lost in this formula

We have 14 territories which are housed in Territory__c (text field)

We have 6 types of accounts, there are 3 key ones which are banded "Proactive","Reactive","Head Office" and are housed in Banding__c (picklist)

Conditions

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 1-6 then it should be Telephone Manager A

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 7-14 then it should be Telephone Manager B

If an account is banded "Head Office" then it should be Head Office

Any other banding should be Field Sales

I have been working on this a while now and trying to build it up but keep getting stuck with errors.

IF(AND(OR( Territory__c ="01",Territory__c ="02",Territory__c ="03",Territory__c ="04",Territory__c ="05",Territory__c ="06"),AND( ISPICKVAL( Banding__c ,"Reactive",),1,

0)))

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

I am having a big problem with this validation rule.  What am I doing wrong??  I want the validation to require that when "Demand Partner Numbers is selected in the picklist, both the DP Reporting Login URL and the DP Login Credentials fields are required.  Validation below.

=======

IF( 
AND( 
ISPICKVAL(Billing_Based_On__c,"Demand Partner Numbers"), 
OR( 
ISBLANK(DP_Reporting_Login_URL__c)), 
ISBLANK(DP_Login_Credentials__c)), 
TRUE, 
FALSE 
)

Birthday: Only current and future year displayed and it does not make sense for birthday using date custom field.how to get past years

Greetings All,

Long time user, first time post. Looking for some help with customization of revenue schedule formulas… The default divides the $ by # of months. I need the actual monthly amount - even if there's only 1 day remaining in the month an ad starts.

Scenario: Advertising Sales co. – Opptys/products to display the amount of revenue, by month, for the Ad term. In other words: actual “ad run” $ amount, per month. Also, the number of days/months an ad will run vary. Can be 1-day to 26-months...

Here is a simple example:

• Amount Closed $12,000.00
  • Ad start date 8/15/2010
  • Ad end date 10/20/2010
  • Total of 65 days @ 184.62 per day

# of days the ad will run in each month is:

• 16 days, first month (8/15/2010 -8/31/2010). 16*184.62= What I need displayed is: 2,953.85 August.

• 30 days, second month (9/1/2010-9/30/2010)30*184.62= "    "  5,538.46 September.

• 19 days, third month (10/1/2010-10/20/2010). 19*184.62= "    " 3,507.78 October.

ANY help is greatly appreciated! I’ve spent countless hours on the discussion boards and developer pages looking for this solution... no luck (found similar postings; not resolved).  

Thank you!

Karen

Looking for some help here as am getting lost in this formula

We have 14 territories which are housed in Territory__c (text field)

We have 6 types of accounts, there are 3 key ones which are banded "Proactive","Reactive","Head Office" and are housed in Banding__c (picklist)

Conditions

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 1-6 then it should be Telephone Manager A

If an account is banded "proactive" or "reactive" AND falls in territory 7-14 then it should be Telephone Manager B

If an account is banded "Head Office" then it should be Head Office

Any other banding should be Field Sales

I have been working on this a while now and trying to build it up but keep getting stuck with errors.

IF(AND(OR( Territory__c ="01",Territory__c ="02",Territory__c ="03",Territory__c ="04",Territory__c ="05",Territory__c ="06"),AND( ISPICKVAL( Banding__c ,"Reactive",),1,

0)))

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

i have several record types for my clients setup a long the lead, acct, case and oportunity

the question here is how can i do that the record type in the lead follows all the way to the acct

i mean if the lead is record type b and i convert how cani do that the acct opens up as record type b ?

Does anyone have a reccomendation for a Business Plan App?

Currently our sales reps are creating yearly business plans in word and excel. I would liketo get them embedded into salesforce.com. We currently utilize account plans and account strategies (from the app exchange) I would like a yearly plan that tied it all together, linked to a particular user and included text fields for written goals and focuses.

I have not found anything that meets this need as of yet, but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.

DrewB

• August 18, 2010

Im trying to use a apex script that i have found. But it seems like it does not take care of the problem of opportunities not having a primary contact. If the primary contact is not defined it throws the following error.

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger trgMnCopyPrimaryContact caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: trgMnCopyPrimaryContact: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.trgMnCopyPrimaryContact: line 6, column 13

trigger trgMnCopyPrimaryContact on Opportunity (before update) {

for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {

OpportunityContactRole contactRole =
            [select ContactID from OpportunityContactRole where IsPrimary = true and OpportunityId = :o.id];

if (contactRole != null) {
         o.Opportunity_contact__c = contactRole.ContactID;
       }

}

}

Im not a java developer and wonder if someone can help me to add functionality that does not fail if the primary contact is missing.

Hi All,

In the object i am currently working for, there is a text area. For that text area, i want to take the control over the 4th line(to use that text in another field). Can anyone suggest me how to do this?

Any method to pass the line number and get the text in the line?

Example:

BELOW IS MY TEXT IN TEXT FIELD.

----

text in line1

text in line2

text in line3

----

In the above context, i want to take control of text in line 2(text in line 2) and need to manipulate it and use for some purpose.

Please Suggest.

Thanks,

Krishna.

I have a Case Object and there are two child objects.

First child object is  Provider

Second child object is Finished goods

and there is no relation between provider and finished goods.

can i write a trigger to update a field in Provider when there is change of field in finished goods.?

Is this achievable if so how?

I am having a big problem with this validation rule.  What am I doing wrong??  I want the validation to require that when "Demand Partner Numbers is selected in the picklist, both the DP Reporting Login URL and the DP Login Credentials fields are required.  Validation below.

=======

IF( 
AND( 
ISPICKVAL(Billing_Based_On__c,"Demand Partner Numbers"), 
OR( 
ISBLANK(DP_Reporting_Login_URL__c)), 
ISBLANK(DP_Login_Credentials__c)), 
TRUE, 
FALSE 
)

I wrote the query:

Select count() from Account

I have around 20,000 accounts in the system.

So how am I suppouse to get their number in the system?

Thanks!

• August 15, 2010

Is there any way in Salesforce to identify the converted account when compared to an Account created from the Account screen.

Does Salesforce differentiate based on ID or is it just the Lead Report after conversion that we need to refer to see the converted accounts?

I'm a little lost.  All I need to do is setup a simple workflow that triggers an email notification to account owners when a contract is 120 days before expiration date.  I've figured out how to create an email template, and even how to create a workflow, but from what I can tell, workflows are only triggered when someone acts on a record (edits or creates).  I then got far enough to insert Time-based Triggers, which seemed like the answer to my problem, but the condition I want to apply "120 Days before 'Contract: End Date'" isn't available to me - apparently because End Date is a calculated field???

Any ideas?

• August 12, 2010

Is there a way to query on an account ID, and identify it's Territory Name. I know there is not an easy way for this but iam having trouble establishing relationship.

Thanks in advance 

• August 02, 2010