• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am new to this message board so my verbage may be a little off.  Please forgive me in advance and feel free to correct me as neccessary.

I'm having a problem with some custom objects I built.  I'm trying to control which fields are displayed in that custom object based on an individual record of another custom object.  So, for example, I have 900+ raw data records that need to be scored (internal method of scoring utilized, no lead scoring or Salesforce scoring method applies) in custom object A and five types of scoring methods in custom object B.  In this case, custom object A is, essentially, similar to a controlling picklist of custom object A.  Based on the individual record in custom object A, I would like ONLY one of the scoring methods in custom object B displayed to the end user.  There is no way to aggregate data form the 900+ records and then define the scoring method, but I wish there was because it would make it much easier.  It seems complex and I've tried to figure out a quicker way but this is the only path that the customer would like to proceed with.  Any ideas?  Is this related to APEX code or would this be Visual Force code?  I have a prompt deadline, so any help ASAP is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I am new to this message board so my verbage may be a little off.  Please forgive me in advance and feel free to correct me as neccessary.

I'm having a problem with some custom objects I built.  I'm trying to control which fields are displayed in that custom object based on an individual record of another custom object.  So, for example, I have 900+ raw data records that need to be scored (internal method of scoring utilized, no lead scoring or Salesforce scoring method applies) in custom object A and five types of scoring methods in custom object B.  In this case, custom object A is, essentially, similar to a controlling picklist of custom object A.  Based on the individual record in custom object A, I would like ONLY one of the scoring methods in custom object B displayed to the end user.  There is no way to aggregate data form the 900+ records and then define the scoring method, but I wish there was because it would make it much easier.  It seems complex and I've tried to figure out a quicker way but this is the only path that the customer would like to proceed with.  Any ideas?  Is this related to APEX code or would this be Visual Force code?  I have a prompt deadline, so any help ASAP is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to determine field-level security (aka field visibility) for a profile or for the logged in user's profile through Apex?