• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When doing a mail merge with word, salesforce automatically saves the file, however after a period of time the merge information in the file disappears.

How can this be avoided?

• November 03, 2010

I am experiencing difficulty when doing a mail merge. 

I have set up the template in word giving the document the font i would like to appear (arial). 

I have alse "toggled" the date mail merge field to appear "dd/mm/yyyy" as opposed to the salesforce format of "mm/dd/yy"

I imported the document to salesforce and when previewing in salesforce everything looks good. But when executing the merge, the merge fields appear in "times new roman" and the date retains the salesforce format

What can I do that the font will appear as i set it (arial) in the template?

• October 11, 2010

I need advice how to work around an issue i am having with merging Salesforce information to a mail merge template created in word.

I have created a mail merge document for opportunities.  The mail merge fields used in the document have information for some contacts but not all.  For the contacts that do not have that information, a line appears in the document.

for example: The field "business name" some contacts have a business name and some don't.  The mail merge template includes the field "business name" so that the name will appear for the contacts who have a business name.  However the contacts that do not have a business name a line appears.

Usually in Word/Excel mail merges, if the mail merge document calls for a field in excel, and the excel field is blank, the document skips over the field.

for example: mail merge document - "Contact name", "contact business name", "contact phone number"

If the field "contact business name" is empty in excel it would appear in the word document: "Mrs. Lande, 614 4522"  and if the field "contact business name" is empty in salesforce it would appear "Mrs. Lande, __________, 614 4522"

How can I remove the line so that it will appear like in excel?

• September 05, 2010

I need advice how to work around an issue i am having with merging Salesforce information to a mail merge template created in word.

I have created a mail merge document for opportunities.  The mail merge fields used in the document have information for some contacts but not all.  For the contacts that do not have that information, a line appears in the document.

for example: The field "business name" some contacts have a business name and some don't.  The mail merge template includes the field "business name" so that the name will appear for the contacts who have a business name.  However the contacts that do not have a business name a line appears.

Usually in Word/Excel mail merges, if the mail merge document calls for a field in excel, and the excel field is blank, the document skips over the field.

for example: mail merge document - "Contact name", "contact business name", "contact phone number"

If the field "contact business name" is empty in excel it would appear in the word document: "Mrs. Lande, 614 4522"  and if the field "contact business name" is empty in salesforce it would appear "Mrs. Lande, __________, 614 4522"

How can I remove the line so that it will appear like in excel?

• September 05, 2010