• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Have customer where we need to build a native mobile app for their customers to connect with them.  they want to allow their customers to use facebook/gmail to login to app instead of requiring a salesforce/customer portal login.  How can we achive this?  Using Sites is too slow so we need to use API, but Sites doesn't have an api.  The only workaround we can think of is hardcording a salesforce login into the source code, then enabling login by Facebook/Gmail.  But this doesn't seem like an ideal solution since if the password is changed, we would need to change the code.  Anybody come across this issue? Thanks

Hi, we're looking to build a native application on iOS that links to sfdc to centralize all the data, do analytics, etc...

However, I'm not sure whether we should build the native app first and then link it to sfdc through api.  The advantage here is that I have complete control over the app and my own company branding on top of it, but negative is losing a lot of the effort sfdc has put into the sfdc mobile app such as developing all the scripts, managing the interface mapping the 2 systems together, dashboards, report, etc.. that's all already there and we'd need to build from scratch.

The other alternative is buidling visualforce pages on top of the current sfdc mobile but there seems to be some offline limitations there, while also not being able to control certain parts of the app like camera access and other iphone functions, and most importantly the customer has to download "Salesforcce Mobile" from appstore which just doesn't make a lot of sense if it's our own custom built application.

Both sides have obvious beneifts and drawbacks and I was hoping somebody here has some experience or guidance in this area which would be very helpful.  I can see there are some tracks at Dreamforce that address this but I was hoping to get some more clarity before then. Thanks.

Derek

• September 28, 2010

The only versions that i can see are 3.2, 4.0, and 4.1 - if i choose any of those the Saleforce app crashes. when i click on it, it just pops up for a second and disappears...

Anyone else facing this problem?

Hi, we're looking to build a native application on iOS that links to sfdc to centralize all the data, do analytics, etc...

However, I'm not sure whether we should build the native app first and then link it to sfdc through api.  The advantage here is that I have complete control over the app and my own company branding on top of it, but negative is losing a lot of the effort sfdc has put into the sfdc mobile app such as developing all the scripts, managing the interface mapping the 2 systems together, dashboards, report, etc.. that's all already there and we'd need to build from scratch.

The other alternative is buidling visualforce pages on top of the current sfdc mobile but there seems to be some offline limitations there, while also not being able to control certain parts of the app like camera access and other iphone functions, and most importantly the customer has to download "Salesforcce Mobile" from appstore which just doesn't make a lot of sense if it's our own custom built application.

Both sides have obvious beneifts and drawbacks and I was hoping somebody here has some experience or guidance in this area which would be very helpful.  I can see there are some tracks at Dreamforce that address this but I was hoping to get some more clarity before then. Thanks.

Derek

• September 28, 2010