• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to figure out if I can show a field based on the value of another field on the same record.

In my object I have a field that stores the API name of the field that needs to be rendered.

So for example...

Record 1 has Field__c has a value of Num_of_Users__c

Record 2 has Field__c has a value of Total_Spend__c

How can I create 1 line in a visualforce page that dynamically displays a input field where the value is that of Field__c?

<apex:inputField value="Result from Field__c" />

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Is there anyway to override the quote detail page?  The only options listed are Edit, Delete, Create PDF, Email Quote, Start Sync, and New Quote.

Any help is appericated.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello,

I have a link i'm trying to build and bring in two custom fields.

The link looks like this: http://intranet.msdsonline.com/Cambridge/Hanover/Orders/CSValet.aspx?Action=Edit&OID=155651&OIID=157856

OID= order_id__c

OIID= order_item_id__c

When i build out the link it looks like this HYPERLINK("http://intranet.msdsonline.com/Cambridge/Hanover/Orders/CSValet.aspx?Action=Edit&OID=" &Order_ID__c &OIID= Order_Item_ID__c,"View Order")

The above syntax says that OIID field is not found.  How can I get around this?

Thanks,

Mark

I'm trying to figure out if I can show a field based on the value of another field on the same record.

In my object I have a field that stores the API name of the field that needs to be rendered.

So for example...

Record 1 has Field__c has a value of Num_of_Users__c

Record 2 has Field__c has a value of Total_Spend__c

How can I create 1 line in a visualforce page that dynamically displays a input field where the value is that of Field__c?

<apex:inputField value="Result from Field__c" />

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Hello ,

My developer instance has been updated to winter 2012 but i did not get the new cloud-based Flow Designer. Please guide me how to subscribe to the new beta version of it.

my instance is na12.

Thanks in advance.

• October 17, 2011

I watched the webinar this morning and it looks great but, I missed the first few minutes and I can't seem to figure out how to get to Visual Workflow.

I found a PDF Flow Designer 7.0.6 which gave these instructions below, but I don't have the Flows link on step 1.... 

1. Go to Your Name > Setup > Create > Workflow & Approvals > Flows.

2. Click Download Designer.

3. Follow the steps in the wizard.

Thanks

In the current desktop version, every time a new field or picklist is added, we need to perform several steps in the flow to reflect such change. Are the updates in config/metadata reflected automatically in the new cloud-based flow (thus, no need to do anything in the flow)?

To illustrate, in the desktop version:

• Change in SFDC:

-       Add a new picklist value

• Change in Flow

-       Update form to add the new picklist value

-       Update Data Target element

-       Assign allocations back in the Data Update element (they are removed whenever the Data Target Element has an update)

• October 17, 2011

When running through an interview, my pc returns results very slowly...sometimes taking a couple of minutes to step through a single question.  I'm currently running a Win7 machine with 4 MB of memory...with 35% to 50% available.  The system also seem to bog down over multiple runs through the interview.  It's a bit painful to take several minutes to perform a test run on an interview.

Are there any tricks to optimize how the flow runs on a pc?  

Hello,

I have a link i'm trying to build and bring in two custom fields.

The link looks like this: http://intranet.msdsonline.com/Cambridge/Hanover/Orders/CSValet.aspx?Action=Edit&OID=155651&OIID=157856

OID= order_id__c

OIID= order_item_id__c

When i build out the link it looks like this HYPERLINK("http://intranet.msdsonline.com/Cambridge/Hanover/Orders/CSValet.aspx?Action=Edit&OID=" &Order_ID__c &OIID= Order_Item_ID__c,"View Order")

The above syntax says that OIID field is not found.  How can I get around this?

Thanks,

Mark