• 80 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

If i have a generic object returned from a function is there a APEX function to determine the type (Boolean, String, List, Set, etc) from the function?

• August 25, 2011

are there still no native JSON methods in APEX to encode and decode JSON?

the dataloader version '22 downloaded from salesforce throws an incorrect api version error. anyone know how to solve?

thanks

i would like to create a report of contacts and show the total count of contacts along with the count of contacts who have purchased a product then show the percent of contacts who have purchased. But cannot figure out it getting the percentage of the whole is possible. I've looked into using the new formula field in reports but it doesn't look like you can reference a column grouping value.

Any ideas if this is possible? (i am aware i can make a pie chart and get those values but need it in the table report)

thanks

I have a managed package with a trigger on Lead update. It checks a view things about the lead being converted. The trigger fires properly in the developer org and numerous orgs the managed package is installed in. But there is one org which the trigger does not fire. I have verified it is not running as the debug log never shows any query from the package running or the namespace governing limits at the bottom of the log.

The package is deployed (and other features including other triggers are being run successfully). The trigger in question is Valid & status is Active.

What else can be stopping the trigger from running?

thanks!

I've seen a recommended practice of creating a dynamic SObject by running a query that returns 0 objects like sObject[] objects = [SELECT Id FROM Contact WHERE ID=NULL];

Is there another method of creating a concrete sObject list so it can be used in DML that does not involve querying? 

For example the FeedPost object is no queriable so this method cannot be used. I cannot create individual object feed lists either since i will be creating many different objects posts (at least 5) and this will cause me to go over the governor limits

is there anyway for a security reviewed approved app to use the AJAX toolkit in professional versions?

It just seems strange that you can get an API token to bypass API disabled orgs (Like professional) but you cannot build an app with the AJAX toolkit?

Is there a way in APEX to determine if the API is enabled for the org?

Can i use the API token which allows you to use the API for the professional version with the AJAX toolkit so the app can use ajax in professional editions?

If so where i can find examples & code as can't find anything in the AJAX Toolkit documentation.

Thanks

i have updated a document (image) in a managed package and is being used as the App logo.

i then changed the logo (both the name of the document and the image) and reuploaded a new package version.

But when users install the update the document name and image does not update. New installs see the new version of the App logo. How in the world can i force an update for existing clients?

Thanks

If i have a generic object returned from a function is there a APEX function to determine the type (Boolean, String, List, Set, etc) from the function?

• August 25, 2011

i would like to create a report of contacts and show the total count of contacts along with the count of contacts who have purchased a product then show the percent of contacts who have purchased. But cannot figure out it getting the percentage of the whole is possible. I've looked into using the new formula field in reports but it doesn't look like you can reference a column grouping value.

Any ideas if this is possible? (i am aware i can make a pie chart and get those values but need it in the table report)

thanks

I have a managed package with a trigger on Lead update. It checks a view things about the lead being converted. The trigger fires properly in the developer org and numerous orgs the managed package is installed in. But there is one org which the trigger does not fire. I have verified it is not running as the debug log never shows any query from the package running or the namespace governing limits at the bottom of the log.

The package is deployed (and other features including other triggers are being run successfully). The trigger in question is Valid & status is Active.

What else can be stopping the trigger from running?

thanks!

What is a recommended de-duper that is simple to operate? For a mass upload into Sales Force , leads.

Thank you

Alex C

• November 05, 2010

I've seen a recommended practice of creating a dynamic SObject by running a query that returns 0 objects like sObject[] objects = [SELECT Id FROM Contact WHERE ID=NULL];

Is there another method of creating a concrete sObject list so it can be used in DML that does not involve querying? 

For example the FeedPost object is no queriable so this method cannot be used. I cannot create individual object feed lists either since i will be creating many different objects posts (at least 5) and this will cause me to go over the governor limits

Can i use the API token which allows you to use the API for the professional version with the AJAX toolkit so the app can use ajax in professional editions?

If so where i can find examples & code as can't find anything in the AJAX Toolkit documentation.

Thanks