• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Scenario:

- I create a FeedPost using User Interface.

- I need to programmatically retrieve the details of FeedPost that's created recently.

For ex : id, created date, created by whom? 

How should I query the Sforce? 

select unknownColoumns from unknownTable? 

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, 

I am implementing a client using Axis2, and partner.wsdl 

I've read that creation of multiple stubs will lead to performance issues. 

In the Axis2, we need to pass each and every parameter like sessionheader, calloptions, etc for each call (query, update, etc) we make.

- So, I am just thinking of reusing the same stub once it's endpoint is changed after the login 

- across a single session

- or for an entire application. (Does the URL change every time we login?)

BTW, are there any other points  to consider to improve performance.

Please clarify. 

Hi all, 

Code used to login : 

-created stub by passing endpointurl

-set HTTPConstants properties/options for stub, after creation

- called stub.login by passing (Login, null, CallOptions (did set client Id)).   [passed null for LoginScopeHeader]

- got NullPointerException

Exception origin: 

SforceServiceStub.java :  _messageContext.getTransportOut().getSender().cleanup(_messageContext);    

Details: partner.wsdl, Axis2.

Any idea?

Hi, 

I could see two methods, one for a single object and the other for object group.

Q) I would like to know whether is there any performance difference between sending a 'single object' to both methods.

1) In need of this because, I am planning to write a delegate method in a utility class so that others could use it. 

Here it is: [Java]

myDescribeSObj(String type){

myDescribeSObjs( new String[ ] { type }  );

}

myDescribeSObjs( String[ ] types ) { ----stuff------}   

So, if I write something like following, will there be any performance issues? or shall I be duplicating the post-describe()call-code in both methods.

--> In addition, please mention if you know any differences in this context  of Axis2.

Thanks.

Hi, 

Heading may seem misleading, I am not actually migrating the code. I have used following implementation successfully in other webservices (Zuora). 

-> SObject[] sObjArray = queryResult.getRecords(); 

for(SObject sObj : sObjArray){

Account acc = [Account] sObj;

String fName = acc.getFirstName();

}

Later on, I came to know that the Objects like Account, Contact, etc are available only on enterprise.wsdl, but we are using partner.wsdl. 

Can someone please help me with the relevant implementation of the above using partner.wsdl, and Axis2?

API referred : http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm  

subsection: reference->standard objects

Client side details : partner.wsdl, Axis2 1.5

generated stubs using unpacked option (-u). 

I was hoping to find some basic objects like Account, Contact, etc so that I can do something like

}

[used above approach successfully in another webservice]

However, I could not find Account class in the generated classes. I guess I am into wrong approach, but atleast I should be finding the classes listed in the reference API.

Please help. 

Hi all, I am upgrading existing Axis code to Axis2. It's become even worse since the underlying Object model has also been changed.  

-> Axis:

- sObject.get_any() returns MessageElement.

-> Axis2:

- I am facing trouble in finding relevant corresponding one. Is it the following?

sObject.getExtraElement() ?

Let me know if someone has already faced similar problems. Please help.

Hi,

I am having trouble in upgrading to Axis2 since I wasn't the one who implemented our application using Axis version.

--> I see that every tutorial provided by sforce still uses "SoapBindingStub".Most of those methods are now removed.

--> Please provide me any basic material which contains Axis2 stuff. Atleast 2,3 operations like login, query, etc.

For ex:

How to login?  [this answer boosts me for time being and solves atleast 1/3rd part of the whole problem]

BTW, I am using partner.wsdl

Please help!!

hi,

i m creating web service to login in to salesforce and list up all the standard objects and their  fields .

now i m able to login in to salesforce through java code but not getting standard objects . please help me

Scenario:

- I create a FeedPost using User Interface.

- I need to programmatically retrieve the details of FeedPost that's created recently.

For ex : id, created date, created by whom? 

How should I query the Sforce? 

select unknownColoumns from unknownTable? 

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, 

I am implementing a client using Axis2, and partner.wsdl 

I've read that creation of multiple stubs will lead to performance issues. 

In the Axis2, we need to pass each and every parameter like sessionheader, calloptions, etc for each call (query, update, etc) we make.

- So, I am just thinking of reusing the same stub once it's endpoint is changed after the login 

- across a single session

- or for an entire application. (Does the URL change every time we login?)

BTW, are there any other points  to consider to improve performance.

Please clarify. 

Hi all, 

Code used to login : 

-created stub by passing endpointurl

-set HTTPConstants properties/options for stub, after creation

- called stub.login by passing (Login, null, CallOptions (did set client Id)).   [passed null for LoginScopeHeader]

- got NullPointerException

Exception origin: 

SforceServiceStub.java :  _messageContext.getTransportOut().getSender().cleanup(_messageContext);    

Details: partner.wsdl, Axis2.

Any idea?

Hi, 

I could see two methods, one for a single object and the other for object group.

Q) I would like to know whether is there any performance difference between sending a 'single object' to both methods.

1) In need of this because, I am planning to write a delegate method in a utility class so that others could use it. 

Here it is: [Java]

myDescribeSObj(String type){

myDescribeSObjs( new String[ ] { type }  );

}

myDescribeSObjs( String[ ] types ) { ----stuff------}   

So, if I write something like following, will there be any performance issues? or shall I be duplicating the post-describe()call-code in both methods.

--> In addition, please mention if you know any differences in this context  of Axis2.

Thanks.

Hi, 

Heading may seem misleading, I am not actually migrating the code. I have used following implementation successfully in other webservices (Zuora). 

String fName = acc.getFirstName();

}

Later on, I came to know that the Objects like Account, Contact, etc are available only on enterprise.wsdl, but we are using partner.wsdl. 

Can someone please help me with the relevant implementation of the above using partner.wsdl, and Axis2?

API referred : http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm  

subsection: reference->standard objects

Client side details : partner.wsdl, Axis2 1.5

generated stubs using unpacked option (-u). 

I was hoping to find some basic objects like Account, Contact, etc so that I can do something like

}

[used above approach successfully in another webservice]

However, I could not find Account class in the generated classes. I guess I am into wrong approach, but atleast I should be finding the classes listed in the reference API.

Please help. 

Hi all, I am upgrading existing Axis code to Axis2. It's become even worse since the underlying Object model has also been changed.  

-> Axis:

- sObject.get_any() returns MessageElement.

-> Axis2:

- I am facing trouble in finding relevant corresponding one. Is it the following?

sObject.getExtraElement() ?

Let me know if someone has already faced similar problems. Please help.

Hi,

I am having trouble in upgrading to Axis2 since I wasn't the one who implemented our application using Axis version.

--> I see that every tutorial provided by sforce still uses "SoapBindingStub".Most of those methods are now removed.

--> Please provide me any basic material which contains Axis2 stuff. Atleast 2,3 operations like login, query, etc.

For ex:

How to login?  [this answer boosts me for time being and solves atleast 1/3rd part of the whole problem]

BTW, I am using partner.wsdl

Please help!!