• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have an issue with the reassign functionality for the approval process.  Our problem is that the object on which the approval is running is Private, and using apex managed sharing.  The sharing is created for the manager of the requester on insert or update of the record.  The approval is assigned to the manager of the this requester who also is the owner on the record.  When an approver reassigns the approval to someone else, the new approver does not have read access to the record, and gets an insufficient privilege message if they try to access the task.  I have selected "Administrators OR the currently assigned approver can edit records during the approval process." however, sharing overrides this setting.  I can see the reassign change occur to the ActorID in ProcessInstanceStep and ProcessInstanceHistory, however we cannot create a trigger against these objects, and the parent object, on which the approval process is running does not get updated when the approver is changed.  Any idea on where I can put a trigger or anything else to detect this update so I can implement the necessary sharing when the reassign is done?

It would be ideal if we could remove the reassign ability, however according to the docs and boards, this is not possible.  Any ideas?

For example we have a Request object that has several fields, one of which is Absence Reason.  All fields in all records in this Request object should be visible to all users across the Org, with the exception of the Absence Reason field.  The Absence Reason field should be editable by anyone submitting a request, visible to the requester, visible to the manager of the requester, visible to an admin, but not visible to all other users in the org.  Please also consider that this is a custom application for which the existing role hierarchy is not suitable.

I'm stumped, so any help will be appreciated.  

We have a custom object that contains locations and metadata about each location.  I would like to be able to relate each user to one of the locations for use in a number of custom applications.  When adding a custom field on the standard User object there are no relationships available.  Is there any way to achieve this without replicating all users in some other object?

I have an issue with the reassign functionality for the approval process.  Our problem is that the object on which the approval is running is Private, and using apex managed sharing.  The sharing is created for the manager of the requester on insert or update of the record.  The approval is assigned to the manager of the this requester who also is the owner on the record.  When an approver reassigns the approval to someone else, the new approver does not have read access to the record, and gets an insufficient privilege message if they try to access the task.  I have selected "Administrators OR the currently assigned approver can edit records during the approval process." however, sharing overrides this setting.  I can see the reassign change occur to the ActorID in ProcessInstanceStep and ProcessInstanceHistory, however we cannot create a trigger against these objects, and the parent object, on which the approval process is running does not get updated when the approver is changed.  Any idea on where I can put a trigger or anything else to detect this update so I can implement the necessary sharing when the reassign is done?

It would be ideal if we could remove the reassign ability, however according to the docs and boards, this is not possible.  Any ideas?

For example we have a Request object that has several fields, one of which is Absence Reason.  All fields in all records in this Request object should be visible to all users across the Org, with the exception of the Absence Reason field.  The Absence Reason field should be editable by anyone submitting a request, visible to the requester, visible to the manager of the requester, visible to an admin, but not visible to all other users in the org.  Please also consider that this is a custom application for which the existing role hierarchy is not suitable.

I'm stumped, so any help will be appreciated.  

We have a custom object that contains locations and metadata about each location.  I would like to be able to relate each user to one of the locations for use in a number of custom applications.  When adding a custom field on the standard User object there are no relationships available.  Is there any way to achieve this without replicating all users in some other object?