• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a question concerning Salesforce and developing an LMS application through the Force.com API. I've seen a lot of instructions and tutorials on how to utilize Visualforce to create pages, applications as well as a way to extract the data within Salesforce and configure it with my own C# code through a console application or some kind of third-party application. But what I haven't seen is something where I can create C# functions and code and import it somehow into Salesforce so any application I develop can utilize the functions I create. Are there any good guidelines or resources towards trying to accomplish something like this?

I don't know if what I'm trying to do is clear, so I'll just be frank about what I'm looking for. I'm worried about the security of developing an LMS system purely with Javascript functions in addition to Visualforce, because some user could potentially rip the .js functions out of the application without needing the proper access or paying for it. Therefore, I'd feel more secure developing my LMS through a language I'm more comfortable with (C#) as opposed to a language I've rarely used (Javascript). However, I can't see anything concerning extracting the data in Salesforce and then using some C# code to display any pertinent information (such as a course) and then kicking the information back up to the Salesforce.com application. Or as an alternative, some type of way to import C# code into a Static Resource (I know you can import Javascript code through this, but no clue about C# at all) and then call the functionality within the Apex code. Those are the two approaches I've thought of but can't find any documentation showing if they would successfully work or not. If there's a third workaround I haven't thought of, please feel free to chime in.

Hope that's clear enough and thanks for your time. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

-- Matt Starn