• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey Everyone,

I am having difficulty running some tests with triggers.

First trigger updates an Event object when an Opp has been updated.

The second trigger tries to update the Opp when the Event has been updated.

Just trying to keep information accurate on each object, however as you can imagine if I update from either trigger it runs the trigger for the other object and I get a recursive trigger execution.

Both are running 'after update'.

Is there a simple method or way to update each record without it having to trigger the other? Maybe it is as simple as checking if the values match before running an update?

Looking for some guidence on the workflow, or method to accomplish keeping two records up to date without having recursive triggers running.

I appreciate any help! :)

• February 01, 2011

Hey Everyone,

I am having difficulty running some tests with triggers.

First trigger updates an Event object when an Opp has been updated.

The second trigger tries to update the Opp when the Event has been updated.

Just trying to keep information accurate on each object, however as you can imagine if I update from either trigger it runs the trigger for the other object and I get a recursive trigger execution.

Both are running 'after update'.

Is there a simple method or way to update each record without it having to trigger the other? Maybe it is as simple as checking if the values match before running an update?

Looking for some guidence on the workflow, or method to accomplish keeping two records up to date without having recursive triggers running.

I appreciate any help! :)

• February 01, 2011