• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to SFDC and validation rules, so any advice would be appreciated!

For a while now, I have been trying to figure out how to create an input mask that would permit me to be able to enter data in a particular format. For example, I know of how to restrict the maximum number of characters a user can enter into a field, but I am unsure how to restrict the minimum number of characters. Furthermore, I am uncertain as to how to allow users to be able to enter data in a particular format (e.g.. 00-00-00), automatically.

Also, I was wondering if there is any way to make a numeric field start with '0' (if necessary)? The complication is that it is not always the case. Failing that, is there a way to make a text field (which permits alphanumeric data entry) to only allow numeric characters to be entered?

Thank you for reading this and any advice you can provide!

RJP2011

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to SFDC and validation rules, so any advice would be appreciated!

For a while now, I have been trying to figure out how to create an input mask that would permit me to be able to enter data in a particular format. For example, I know of how to restrict the maximum number of characters a user can enter into a field, but I am unsure how to restrict the minimum number of characters. Furthermore, I am uncertain as to how to allow users to be able to enter data in a particular format (e.g.. 00-00-00), automatically.

Also, I was wondering if there is any way to make a numeric field start with '0' (if necessary)? The complication is that it is not always the case. Failing that, is there a way to make a text field (which permits alphanumeric data entry) to only allow numeric characters to be entered?

Thank you for reading this and any advice you can provide!

RJP2011