• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to run a VWF multiple times.  The first time, it should create a new object instances (which it does just fine).  Subsequent flow runs I want to pre-populate the screen Radio Buttons with the previously stored values.  I can retrieve the instance attribute stored values just fine into VWF variables, but I don't see a way to assign a variable to a radio button screen choice field. 

Example:  Radio Button screen choice field (20 of them in total) each with 3 choices (Pass, Fail, Needs Review as the stored choice value).  For each Radio Button screen choice field, there's a custom field (type Text) that has one of Pass, Fail or Needs Review strings assigned to it. 

I don't see it as practical (20 x 3 = 60 Decision) to try to work out which choice relates to the custom field's stored value and set the screen choice value at the choice element level.  But that appears to be the only option.  Am I missing something?

Is it possible to use the Visual Workflow formula to compute the time between 2 Date variable?  I was hoping something like this might work:

FLOOR(({!EngagementStart}-{!DateOfBirth})/365.2425)

but the result in a running flow that has reasonable values in both Date variables is null.  The formula is placed in a Screen, and the 2 Date variables appears on the screen page looking just like they should.  But the formula fails for some reason.

It appears that a dynamic choice in a dropdown is limited to 200 entries?  Is this really true?  How does one construct an ISO Country Name picklist within such a limit? 

Is there a way to change the Finish button default on a VWF run from a custom button URL that's not referencing a VFP?  Basically I have a simple flow that starts with a button click from a detail page, which opens a new browser window and shows some data along with the standard VWF Finish button. 

What I'd like is for finish to close the window, not restart the workflow.

On the design canvas, I have 4 dropdown choice elements that do not show as required (e.g., no Red bar next to them, nor have I check any Required box in their definition).

But when the flow is run, all dropdown choice fields become required, with both a read bar to the left of the field and a clearly enforced required validation complaint if one tries to pretend they are options.

Any idea how I can avoid having all dropdown choice field being required?  I'm clearly missing something basic :smileyfrustrated:

Is it possible to use the Visual Workflow formula to compute the time between 2 Date variable?  I was hoping something like this might work:

FLOOR(({!EngagementStart}-{!DateOfBirth})/365.2425)

but the result in a running flow that has reasonable values in both Date variables is null.  The formula is placed in a Screen, and the 2 Date variables appears on the screen page looking just like they should.  But the formula fails for some reason.

It appears that a dynamic choice in a dropdown is limited to 200 entries?  Is this really true?  How does one construct an ISO Country Name picklist within such a limit? 

On the design canvas, I have 4 dropdown choice elements that do not show as required (e.g., no Red bar next to them, nor have I check any Required box in their definition).

But when the flow is run, all dropdown choice fields become required, with both a read bar to the left of the field and a clearly enforced required validation complaint if one tries to pretend they are options.

Any idea how I can avoid having all dropdown choice field being required?  I'm clearly missing something basic :smileyfrustrated: