• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Today, I have a managed package including 25 custom objects, workflows , approvals etc ready to be published on Appexchange. By default, Salesforce group and professional edition wont be supported for the installation as package contains workflows and approvals. So my first question is can I list Group and Professional Edition in my Publisher profile even though it wont support or through getting an OEM license would take care of it and I can still display Group and Professional Edition in the publisher profile.

Please let me know your views on this.

Thanks

Sunny

Hi

I have created two custom profiles A and B with some custom layouts assigned to them. When i built the managed package from dev org , I have shipped these profiles in the package. But I faced a problem while installing the managed package. Even when I had selected the third option of security settings and set access to one of the custom profile C(Profile created on destination org) to Profile A (shipped in package). It didnt get apply and I need to configure everything again. am I missing something here ?

Thanks in advance..

Sunny

While undeploying the code from Salesforce org, the resultant objects and fields gets moved to Deleted objects section which is kind of soft delete of these objects. So here the problem is : if there exist any child relationships between these objects, then they must be hard deleted else if one tries to rebuild his/her org from Ant build tool, it wont allow you to deploy it saying the child relationships between XXX objects still exist.

Posted @ : http://jatin17jain.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/clean-salesforces-deleted-objectsfields/

Hi Everyone,

Today in our Dev orgs , we are facing a weird issue on one of our custom visual force page which shows date field using standard Salesforce Datepicker javascript. The issue is that date picker popup is not visible on click/focus of the date filed textbox.

Note : If i purposely give showHeader="true" then it shows the date picker. But this should not be the case as it was flexible earlier.

Can SF do any updates without any notifications ?

Hi,

I'm writing an Apex app that integrates Salesforce with our existing cloud service.  Something that we'd like to do is to restrict AppExchange installations to certain existing customers, e.g. paid users.  Where I'm having trouble is understanding how (if at all) one can do so; everything I've found seems to indicate that developers have little, if any, control over the installation process.

I've been told that it is possible to have the "Get It Now" redirect to a custom page.  Is this true?  If so, how?

Many thanks,

Ben

Hi

I have created two custom profiles A and B with some custom layouts assigned to them. When i built the managed package from dev org , I have shipped these profiles in the package. But I faced a problem while installing the managed package. Even when I had selected the third option of security settings and set access to one of the custom profile C(Profile created on destination org) to Profile A (shipped in package). It didnt get apply and I need to configure everything again. am I missing something here ?

Thanks in advance..

Sunny

Hi Everyone,

Today in our Dev orgs , we are facing a weird issue on one of our custom visual force page which shows date field using standard Salesforce Datepicker javascript. The issue is that date picker popup is not visible on click/focus of the date filed textbox.

Note : If i purposely give showHeader="true" then it shows the date picker. But this should not be the case as it was flexible earlier.

Can SF do any updates without any notifications ?

It was working fine before but the date fields stopped showing the nice popup calendar on sites now..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help???!!!

Is there a DOCUMENTED way to use a static resource as an image in a formula field?  I'm trying to create an 'action link' that looks like a command button and need to find a place to store the background image for the link in a way that is environment agnostic

I'd hoped this would work, but $Resource doesn't seem to be recognized in formula fields (works fine in visualforce formulas).  

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( $Resource.Create_Agreement_Button , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

It appears that this will work, but I'd rather not depend on undocumented functionality to accomplish this.  Particulary given I'd like to add this to a managed package at sometime and in theory there could be an identically named resource that alread exists in the org.

HYPERLINK('/apex/createAgreement?id=' +  Id ,  IMAGE( '/resource/Create_Agreement_Button' , 'Create Agreement' )  , '_top')

Documents are also a reasonable approach, but I don't know how to use them across multiple environments where I won't no the document id.

I have multiple orgs and want to be able to distinguish between single currency and multi currency org implementations. I'm using the UserInfo method "IsMultiCurrencyOrganization". I have a class and Apex code that works in a multicurrency org but the VF page won't compile when on a non multi currency org. It looks like the IsoCurrency field is not recognized which renders the whole idea of using the Boolean IsMultiCurrencyOrganization to test unworkable.

Anyone had experience with this problem?  The code example I used is below and has the following:

Custom Object:  Test_Userinfo__c with a single currency field called Payment__c

VF Page: UserInfoNew

Class: UserInfoExtension

The VF compile error:

Could not resolve field 'CurrencyIsoCode' from <apex:inputField> value binding '{!Test_Userinfo__c.CurrencyIsoCode}'    

public with sharing class UserInfoExtension {

Boolean multicurrency = false;

public UserInfoExtension(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

}

Public Boolean getMultiCurrency() {

multicurrency = UserInfo.IsMultiCurrencyOrganization();

return multicurrency;

}
}

<apex:page standardController="Test_Userinfo__c"
extensions="UserInfoExtension">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageBlockSection >
<apex:inputField value="{!Test_Userinfo__c.Name}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!Test_Userinfo__c.Payment__c}"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!Test_Userinfo__c.CurrencyIsoCode}" rendered="{!MultiCurrency}"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

• August 04, 2010

Hi,

Is there anyway to do a formula based on colors (not the traffic light image)?

I need to have more than 3 colors to show depending on the Rating Status, such as Gren, Yellow, Red, and Purple to show these colors when the rating is selected for each one.

Thanks,

Lia

• March 29, 2010

Hi all,

I have a problem about upload file using apex:InputFile control, when i add this control (apex:InputFile) to form that uses renderer attribute, there is an error occurs:

apex:inputFile can not be used in conjunction with an action component, apex:commandButton or apex:commandLink that specifies a rerender or oncomplete attribute

Pls help me to solve this problem. 

A custom button is laid out on the same level as the standard buttons in our Opportunity detail page, top and bottom. I've a VF page that creates a commandButton that does different things depending on the Opportunity specifics.

I would like this VF page to appear at the same level as the standard/custom buttons at the top and bottom of the detail. How do I do it?

Right now the only place I can put it is in the detail itself as a field and I cannot "re-use" this VF button more than once on the same page.

Thanks.

• July 24, 2009

As an ISV, can you include remote site settings in a managed package for an application that calls out to a known set of external web services?

If not, does each customer that deploys your package have to go through a manual setup process in order for the installed package to work?  Is there an elegant way to "force" the administrator to set up the remote site settings?  Or at least to guide them in an automated fashion?

Thanks!

Dave

• April 02, 2009