• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

i am attempting to create a custom button on a custom object (a recruiting-related object) that converts candidates under consideration to Person Accounts in the event that we do not hire them. i already have a custom button (JavaScript) set up on the Account object  that allows conversion from Business Accounts to Person Accounts so I suspect what I want to do is possible, but I do not know how to code it. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? I unfortunately have the Name field in my custom object (Candidate Name) set up to capture both first and last name, so I may have to move all of that text into the Last Name field on the Person Account and then edit afterwards, but that is still better than manually starting a Person Account from scratch.

Ideally I would also want to migrate the street, city, state, and zip from the candidate record to the Person Account record. Can this all be accomplished with a custom button? Can you point me to any resources that would help me work out the correct code? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Hi,

I would like to create a custom link in Salesforce to a spreadsheet stored on our network (internal drive). I do not want to simply upload the spreadsheet to the Documents area and link from there, as the spreadsheet will be updated regularly outside of Salesforce by another group and I need the custom link to point to the dynamic version of the spreadsheet.

I have tried a few options, including the External Attachments app, linking through the Documents tab, using a Hyperlink field, following the instructions for a Custom Attachments object via the "Offline file storage links" instructions on Help & Training... none of them seem to produce the results I need. The Salesforce support line suggested I try this board, so hopefully someone here can assist.

I believe I need a custom formula field that points directly to the file on our server. The pathway to that file is as follows:

\\earth\engineering\Bidding\Sales Module estimates.xlsx

Again, the spreadsheet will be updated regularly outside of Salesforce, and I need the link to point to the latest, greatest, constantly updated version stored on our server rather than a static version saved somewhere within Salesforce and essentially frozen in time.

Hopefully this makes sense. If it matters, I plan on including the link on two page layouts in the Opportunities object.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer and please let me know if any further clarification is required.

Hi,

I would like to create a custom link in Salesforce to a spreadsheet stored on our network (internal drive). I do not want to simply upload the spreadsheet to the Documents area and link from there, as the spreadsheet will be updated regularly outside of Salesforce by another group and I need the custom link to point to the dynamic version of the spreadsheet.

I have tried a few options, including the External Attachments app, linking through the Documents tab, using a Hyperlink field, following the instructions for a Custom Attachments object via the "Offline file storage links" instructions on Help & Training... none of them seem to produce the results I need. The Salesforce support line suggested I try this board, so hopefully someone here can assist.

I believe I need a custom formula field that points directly to the file on our server. The pathway to that file is as follows:

\\earth\engineering\Bidding\Sales Module estimates.xlsx

Again, the spreadsheet will be updated regularly outside of Salesforce, and I need the link to point to the latest, greatest, constantly updated version stored on our server rather than a static version saved somewhere within Salesforce and essentially frozen in time.

Hopefully this makes sense. If it matters, I plan on including the link on two page layouts in the Opportunities object.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer and please let me know if any further clarification is required.